3

"Oh, I realise that now", I said, staring into my alpha's intense eyes.
"Thank you for the meal, ma'am."
"I'll be outside, Alpha", Adrian said, and he left.
"You have to move into the pack house as soon as possible."
"As the future Luna of this pack, you must be beside me at all times, and you must go through special training, you and your wolf", Zayne said, making my heart palpitate.
Training?
Like, physical fighting?
Oh boy.
"Looks like we're gonna be spending a lot of time with Dylan!" Rose said in excitement.

"Paige, go upstairs and get ready to leave", my mother commanded.
"Will you be taking me to the house?" I asked Zayne.
"I'm sorry, I have a meeting with Alpha Garrett of the White Rock pack."
"The lunar eclipse is coming up, so I'm a little bit busier than normal", Zayne said, and I frowned.
"But, my beta will be outside waiting for you."
"He'll take care of you while I'm away", Zayne added.
"I must go now."
"Thank you for the wonderful meal, Miss Aspen, I look forward to coming back sometime."
"And don't worry, I will take good care of Paige", he said to my mother.

"I know you will, thank you for gracing us with your presence", my mother replied, and told me to see him off.
He walked slowly beside me, and I didn't know what to say.
"Uh, uh, when will you be back, alpha?" I stuttered.
"Late at night", he said.
"And, you can call me Zayne."
"We're mates, after all", he added, and I blushed slightly.
"Okay", I said with a small voice, and he left.
I closed the doors and hurriedly went upstairs to shower and get my things ready.
Never in my life did I think that I would be Luna of the pack I grew up in.
Now, I had to go through hell, because of the responsibility put on my shoulders.
And, did I talk about producing cubs for the alpha?

Werewolves were known to be really fertile, that explains why we had five different packs in the northern region, each pack having more than two hundred members.
And, the Luna was expected to give birth to healthy wolf cubs for the alpha, which was another scary thing.
The pregnancy of a female werewolves lasted for three months, and it was hellish, since the mother would be carrying the weight both the child and its wolf.

All of these thoughts flooded my mind as I packed up my things, and I thought about staying home instead, but when I remembered that my so-called mate was also a wicked alpha, I sprang up and finished everything in a flash.
I just prayed to the moon king that the alpha wouldn't kill me.
I pushed my two large suitcases down the stairs carefully, but one of them fell off the stairs.
Adrian must have heard the noise, because he opened the front door and picked up the fallen suitcase.
He looked at me for a moment, and he walked up to me and grabbed my other suitcase.

I gulped as he came close to me, but he was gone in an instant.
"He smells so delicious", Rose said in my mind.
"Hello?"
"What about Dylan?"
"Shut up!" I said, and shut her out.
No one else mattered when you found your mate, but I was beginning to differ.
His scent was strong, but it wasn't as powerful as Zayne's.
I ignored it and went to say goodbye to my mom in the kitchen.
"Are you done?" She asked me, and I nodded.
"Argh, why do you have to go already?" She said, and tears filled her eyes.
"Mom, don't cry", I said, and hugged her.

"These aren't tears of sadness, I'm just happy that you've finally found that one."
"Thankfully, your love story won't be as terrible as mine."
"You are the Luna now, so, you must not let anyone intimidate you."
"You are just as important as the Alpha, always remember that."
"Be his helper, his adviser, and his companion."
My mother said, and pulled me into a hug.
"Thanks mom."
"I love you", I said.
"Try not to be in a hurry to come home after work, okay?" I begged.
"Yes, yes, I'll stick around and associate with other nurses at the pack hospital, now you should get going."
"The beta has been waiting for more than an hour", my mother said, and I quickly went outside.

My mother waved at me, and I finally looked away from my childhood home.
The beta was waiting in an SUV that had 'Alpha's property' printed on the plate number.
"Damn", I said and got into the front seat.
"Sorry for being tardy", I said, but he didn't say a word.
He started the car, and I was quiet.
The whole time, the smell of chocolates was getting so intense that I had to turn the windows down for air, if not, I would have suffocated.

"Adrian, right?" I asked, after I felt better.
"Yes ma'am", he replied, and the sound of his voice made me smile for a bit.
"Nice name", I said, but he didn't give me a reply.
"You will begin training tomorrow."
"The Alpha may not always be available to train with you, so I will be your training partner."
He said with his hands on the wheel.
"Ok", I said in a small voice.
"We're here", he said, and parked the car in a garage behind the house.
Now that it was bright, the pack house looked even more beautiful than yesterday.
It was more of a mansion, that had a lot of rooms, and there was a fountain, just at the side.
There were also gardens, tall trees, and statues of the former Alphas and Lunas that ruled.
Beta Adrian wheeled my luggage and I followed behind him.
There was a particular statue that looked like it had been damaged.
Only the lower part of the statue was intact, and beside it was the statue of a female.

I went close to check the names, and I was surprised.
'Alpha Damon O'Neill, and Luna Francine O'Neill'.
Instantly, I knew they were Zayne's parents, and that Zayne could have probably been the one who smashed his father's statue.
"Luna?" Adrian called out to me, from the entrance.
"Sorry", I said, and walked to him.
He led me upstairs, probably the third floor, and my legs were tired.
"I can't believe he took those heavy bags up these stairs."
"He's so hot!" Rose said, and I immediately shut her out.
Why did she have to say stupid things all the time?

"The Alpha stays on the fourth floor, while you stay here."
"Both floors are off limits to any other wolf, so do not worry about safety", he said.
"Wait."
"Shouldn't I be staying with the Alpha?" I asked, wondering why I was to stay here.
"Alpha's orders."
"I know nothing about it", he said, although it felt like he knew something.
"Ask him yourself", he said, and walked to a door and opened it.
"Your room, my lady", he added, and I walked in.
"It was just cleaned."
"You can design it however you'd like", he said, and I walked around.

It was definitely bigger than my old room.
It was painted a light blue, and the bed was humongous.
There was a closet, bathroom and also a desk in it.
I smiled at how nice the room was, but, there wasn't a book shelf in it.
"Is there a library here?" I asked, praying that there was.
"There's a library, on the ground floor."
"No one has used it in years though."
"The former Luna used to read books there, and ever since she passed, Zayne closed the doors, and it was never open."
"Probably, if you asked him, he would give you the keys", Adrian said.