27

"Are you ladies ready?" Zayne asked as he approached the garage.
There were many cars in the garage, so, no one knew which one Zayne was going to ride.
"Do you mind teaching me how to drive, dear Alpha?" Paige said, earning a smile from Zayne.
"Whenever you're ready", he said, and came close to give Paige a hug.
"Ahem", Nara coughed, and Paige gave her a glare.
"Let's go", Zayne said, pressing a button on the keys.
A Mercedes Benz turned on, and Nara squealed at the luxurious car.
"Damn, I gotta get me an Alpha", Nara whispered, and Paige hit her arm.
"Bye!" Paige said to them as Zayne drove off.
She waved at the car as it disappeared, and as she turned to go into the house, she screamed in fear when she saw Adrian behind her.

"Don't sneak up on me like that!" She said while holding her chest, trying to calm down her heart.
"Surprised to see me?" Adrian asked, and folded his arms.
"We are not supposed to be alone together", she warned.
"Don't worry."
"I do not wish to touch you, when you are smelling like the Alpha", he said, scrunching his nose in disgust.
"You two seem to be having some serious fun", he added.
"What do you want, Adrian?" Paige asked.
"Because, I know you did not come here to talk about the Alpha and I", she said.

"Can I be given a two days notice before you go to copulate with the Alpha?"
"At this point, I might die from a broken heart!" He said, causing Paige to feel a great wave of shame.
"I, I, I'm sorry."
"It just happened, and I couldn't stop it", she said, with her head down.
"Yes, you couldn't stop it because you're in love with him", Adrian said in a low voice, making Paige look up at him.
He expected a response from her, but she was silent.
"I knew it."
"You've fallen for him."
"I'm a bit disappointed in you Paige", Adrian said with scorn.

"I thought you were stronger than this."
"You were finally standing up against him."
"But, he has charmed you."
"Your heart is filled with him only!" Adrian yelled, this time with a painful expression.
"That's because he's my first mate!"
"I am not supposed to love you, Adrian."
"It should have never happened."
"Maybe, the moon king made a mistake, or something!" She uttered.
"Mistake?"
"Loving me is a mistake?" Adrian asked, hurt filling his eyes.
"Well, what else is it?"
"I love Zayne."
"And, I don't think what I feel for you is enough to be called love."
"I was just distracted during my heat."
"So, let's end this stupid thing that's happening", she said, but Adrian wasn't ready to let go.

"No", he said.
"Why?" She asked.
"Because, Zayne doesn't deserve you", he replied.
"What do you mean by that?"
"And who are you to say that he doesn't deserve me?" She asked in anger.
"Your second mate!" Adrian yelled.
"Well then, I guess I'll have to make sure that I do not have a second mate."
"I, Paige Aspen, reject you Adrian Carter, as my mate!" Paige yelled, and Adrian stared at her in shock, awaiting the results of their rejection, but, nothing came.
"Nothing's happening", she said to herself.
"Are you the one doing this?" She asked Adrian, who was as dumbfounded as she was.
"Why isn't it working?" She asked in annoyance.

"That's because you cannot undo what the moon king has created", an angelic voice echoed in both of their heads.
"Who, who are you?" Paige asked in a terrified tone.
"You'll know during the eclipse."
"Now, do not try to reject the bond between you two."
"In due time, you both will understand everything", the voice said, before it disappeared.
Both Adrian and Paige looked at each other in shock, and Paige felt tears gather in her eyes.
She turned away from Adrian, and made her way to the room.
"Paige!"
"Paige!" Adrian yelled, but she wasn't answering.
He caught up with her and stood in front of her, and she was beyond pissed.

"What do you want?"
"Can you please leave me alone?"
"I don't want to be with you!" She yelled in fury.
She was upset that she couldn't sever the bond between them, and her emotions were all over the place.
"You can not be with him either!"
He yelled, and Paige could feel Rose coming out.
"You don't have the right to tell me who I should be with!" She hollered, shifting in Rose and tackling Adrian.
"Paige, please", Adrian begged, but Rose was upset at Adrian's words and she scratched his chest.
She growled at him, and he held her two front legs, trying to calm her down.
When it wasn't working, he pushed her away and steadied himself, clutching his bloody chest.
"Why isn't he fighting back?" Rose asked Paige.
"I, don't know", she said to her.
"I want to kill him!" Rose yelled.

"I, can't shift", Adrian said slowly.
"He cannot shift?" Rose echoed, making Paige surprised.
"The night you mated with Zayne, my wolf was hurt, and since then, I haven't been in contact with him."
"I can feel him, but our connection is weak."
"That's why I wasn't able to protect you the night you were attacked by rogues", Adrian said.
His chest was now healed, so he stood up and Rose stared into his eyes.
"He, can't shift because of us?" Rose asked Paige.
"How is this possible?" Paige wondered.

"I'm gonna find a way to solve this connection between us."
"So, please, hold on", Adrian said, and walked away.
Paige began to feel regret and pity towards Adrian.
He was suffering so much because of her, and yet she was blaming him for everything.
Rose walked to the house and barked twice, trying to get the attention of the maids.
"Luna!" Emilia cried out.
"Get a blanket, quick!" She instructed a few maids, and they quickly came to Rose, who shifted back into Paige.

For the rest of the day, Paige was moody and didn't come out of the room.
She sat on the balcony, and stared into space.
So many things were confusing her, and there was no one who could tell her the answers she wanted to hear.
Maybe, if she asked Zayne for the keys to his mother's library, she would be able to get some answers.

She then fell asleep on the rocking chair because of how cool the evening breeze was.
Gradually, she felt her hair being caressed, and she relaxed even more.
She thought it was Zayne, but the touch of the person was foreign.
She subconsciously touched the person's hands, and the caressing stopped.
The hands were calloused, and she didn't feel comfortable all of a sudden.
Her eyes opened immediately, but she was alone.
The evening breeze suddenly started to feel cold and eerie, and she felt like she was being watched.
She immediately stood up and locked the balcony doors in fear, before she went out of the room, bumping into Zayne who was about to walk in.