10

"Okay", I said and was face to face with her.
"You're the most beautiful woman ever", I said, causing her to blush even more.
"And you're so cute", I said, before kissing her again, this time, with more passion.
She raised her hips and rubbed it against the bulge in my pants, causing me to moan softly, and I caressed her thighs with my right arm.
"Do you feel better now?" I asked and she nodded.
"Good", I said, and laid down beside her.
If we took this any further, I would mark her and Zayne would either kill me and have her imprisoned.

I pushed a strand of her hair away from her face, and her eyes were starting to close.
I kissed her forehead, and soon, she started to snore lightly.
"Our mate is so beautiful", Ralph said.
"She really is", I replied.
"You love her, don't you?" He asked.
Love?
Did I love her?
Maybe, I wasn't so sure.
I wanted to love her, but loving her would cost me my life.
Did I want to risk it? I still didn't know.
I just wanted to comfort my mate during this hard time, but, if the feeling I was having was love, then, yes, I loved Paige.

I was gone before morning, and it was a hard thing for me to leave her alone, but it had to be done.
Zayne had a lot of work to do, and as his Beta, I was in charge while he was away.
I still needed to ask around about the nature of having two mates, but none of the books I read were giving me insight.
I didn't see her that morning, so I left the pack house to go home to my father, the ex beta, who wasn't surprised that I didn't come home.
As Zayne's beta, I was always busy.
Zayne and I were born on the same day, went to the same school and even shifted on the same day.
His mother and my mother were close, so I occasionally spent time in the pack house with him.

My mother worked at the pack hospital, so I didn't expect to see her at home when I went.
"Hello, son", my dad said.
"Wait, why do you smell different?"
"Have you found your mate?" My father asked in surprise.
"Damn, I gotta shower quick", I muttered to myself.
"Yes, father, I have", I said.
"Wonderful, well, where is she?" He asked, but the words weren't coming out.
"She's, she's a human", I lied.
"And I have not been able to tell her about us", I added, but he didn't seem to buy it.
"Hmm, well, you should do so soon."
"The mate pull is impatient, and can lead to many physical and emotional distress", he said, and I went up to shower.
I helped him out with his broken down car, and we went hunting in our wolf form.

My father's wolf was as large as mine, but he was ash, while I was brown. He was close friends with Zayne's father, but after his death, my father shut himself from the whole pack.
The beta role was assigned to me, and I have been fulfilling my duties ever since I was eighteen.
Zayne despised my father for not advising his father the Alpha that time, but my father claimed that Zayne's father was made from evil itself.
To kill your own mate, was a serious thing.
And, my father didn't blame Zayne for killing his father either.
He deserved to die, according to my father.
The old Alpha was filled with hatred for the old Luna, after he was jested by other Alphas for having a weak mate.
No wonder Zayne was pushing Paige so hard.
He didn't want history to repeat itself.
Well, even if it was going to, I would never let him touch her.