33

Author's POV

She never knew that she just created the door to hell.
On impulse, she grabbed Adrian's hand and led him downstairs quickly.
It would have been better for her to have left him and gone to bed, but she wasn't thinking in that situation.
Adrian also had some things to say to her, but all this while, her scent was driving his wolf crazy.
He could barely keep Ralph at bay, and he prayed to the moon king that he would be able to restrain himself.

They finally got to the library, and Paige turned on the lights.
"I'm the only one that comes here."
"So, what were you saying?" Paige asked, her heart beating loudly.
She hoped Zayne wouldn't notice that she was gone, and she tried her best to keep him out of her thoughts so as not to wake him from his slumber.
"I got word from my parents."
"That you will have to reject either me or Zayne."
"And, I want to know what your decision will be", Adrian said, coming close to her.
She started to get scared and moved back slowly, until her back hit a book shelf.

"I, I choose him", she said in a whisper, making Adrian growl in jealousy.
"No."
"I will not allow you to be with him", Adrian said, Ralph snarling at the thought of Zayne.
"You cannot stop me."
"I only care about him."
"And, you are the second mate, and Zayne is the first, so by nature, I should be with him!" Paige yelled in his face.
"I don't want to hear his name come out of your mouth again."
"Stop!" Adrian yelled, but Paige was angry and did not like his tone.

"And what are you going to do about it?" She yelled back in anger.
Zayne started to move in his sleep, as he could feel Paige's emotions, and they were not positive ones.
He touched the bed to check if she was there, but she wasn't.
He turned on the lamp and squinted his eyes to check if she was in the room, but her scent was lingering, proving that she just left a few moments ago.
He stood up, and stretched for a bit, and wore his indoor slippers before he opened the door and followed her scent.
It was faint, but it was enough for him to follow it.
He arrived at the kitchen first, and saw an empty glass of water on the balcony.
Then, he picked up another scent that wasn't hers.
He then got worried as to where she could be, but before he could move, a stabbing pain hit his chest.

"I'm warning you Paige."
"Don't make me angry", Adrian warned.
"You sound just like him right now."
"You males think you can just order she-wolves any how you please."
"And they are supposed to just listen to you?"
"Because, you have some sort of authority or what?"
"Man, fuck you and fuck your authority!" She screamed at him, making him lose his temper and he forced himself on her.
He grabbed her in a harsh manner and kissed her, making her squirm in discomfort and she tried to push him, but he was too strong.

He then dragged her, and pushed her against the concrete wall, and she hit her head hard on the iron shelf that was screwed slightly above her head.
"Adrian, please, stop", she whispered, her spirit gradually leaving her body.
She was extremely weak, and she got dizzy from the hit.
"I cannot."
"You smell so enticing."
"I love you, Paige."
"Be with me", he said, touching her body, and making her feel discomfort and disgust.

"Leave me", she said in a weak voice.
"Don't touch me", she added, her voice growing faintly every minute.
"You are mine, not his", Adrian said.
That was the last thing Paige heard, before she felt Adrian's teeth break her skin and enter her flesh.
She screamed loudly, gaining the attention of everyone in the house.
Especially Zayne, who was nearly dying from the after effects of another wolf marking his mate.

"Paige, no", Zayne said, and he moved slowly downstairs, enduring the sharp pains in his chest.
"Adrian, what have you done?" Paige asked in a whisper, clutching her bleeding neck.
He marked her on the left side, while Zayne's mark was on the right side of her neck.
"I couldn't resist you."
"I don't want you to be with him", Adrian said, forcing Paige to embrace him.
She was getting weaker and weaker, and she was in a vulnerable state.
Getting marked by two wolves was damaging to a she-wolf, and her body was shutting down from the mark.
"Stop", she said, hitting his chest, but it wasn't doing anything to Adrian, whose eyes were dilated and was breathing heavily.

Tears gathered in her eyes and she sniffled slowly, trying to force herself out of Adrian's arms but he didn't let her go.
"No, I won't let you go", he whispered, and then he kissed her again, forcefully.
She was too weak to push him away, and tears fell from her eyes.
The library door then opened, nearly flying out of its hinges, and a very angry Zayne walked in.
He saw Paige in Adrian's arms, and his lips were on hers, and then he lost it.

"Let her go!" Zayne said, using all his power to walk to them, and pushed Adrian away, causing Paige to fall down.
"What did you do?"
"You, you marked Paige?"
"How could you?"
Zayne asked, holding his chest as the pains grew more and more.
"You don't deserve to be with her!" Adrian yelled in anger.
Zayne breathed heavily and punched him, making him hit a shelf and all the books fell off.
"I'll kill you!" Zayne said, and punched Adrian again.
Adrian knew that Zayne was very weak at that moment, so he pushed Zayne away, and then Zayne fell to his feet.

"Alpha!" Simon yelled as they reached the door of the library.
Simon, Caleb and Ron then came to Zayne's side and helped him get up.
Then, they held Adrian's two arms and forced him to kneel before Zayne.
"Take him to the dungeon, and inject 5 mg of wolfsbane into his system", Zayne yelled.
Paige, who was on the floor then stood up slowly.
"No, don't give him wolfsbane."
"He'll die!" She said in a weak tone.
Adrian didn't have his wolf with him, and if he was given that amount of poison, he definitely wouldn't make it.
Although he just violated her, she still didn't wish for him to die, but she was angry with him.

"Why do you care if he dies?"
"Scared to see your lover in pain?" Zayne asked with a hurt tone.
"Zayne, it's not like that", she said, and tried to touch him but he flinched.
Emilia, Nara, Kendra and a few maids then came to the library, and they were surprised to see the mess that had been created in the old room.
"Take him away, now!" Zayne yelled in his Alpha tone.
"Yes sir", Ron replied, and he and Simon held Adrian while Caleb followed.
"And as for you, Luna", Zayne spat with venom.
"Zayne", Paige said in a whisper.
Her eyes were weak and she could barely stand well.

"Lock her in her room!"
"And, don't let her communicate with anyone."
"Not even Nara or Kendra!" Zayne commanded, making Nara and Kendra widen their eyes in shock.
"Alpha, please don't do this", Nara begged.
"Please Zayne", Kendra begged.
"I said."
"Lock her in her room!" He said once more, this time in a very furious tone.
And even Paige couldn't ignore this command if it was directed to her, because it was the highest form of command that an Alpha could give.