13

"I have to go", I said to her.
"Wait, don't go!" She said, but I had to.
"Sorry, Paige."
"I'll see you soon", I said and vanished from her room.
I immediately alerted Zayne, who was already awake and we went to the dark forest with Simon, Ron and a few other men.
I took off my clothes behind a tree before I shifted and boy, Ralph was ready to kill.
The rogues didn't have much manpower, and we were able to kill them in minutes.
They however had the same smell as the other rogues that we fought with a few weeks ago.
It made me wonder if they were targeting us, or if someone was behind it.

"Now that that's settled, can we go back to bed?"
Tomorrow's a big day", Simon, the delta said though the mind link.
"Of course, our big Alpha here's gonna get laiddddd", Ron said, causing Zayne to roll his eyes.
"Please, don't remind me."
"Let's go", he said, and we shifted back.
"Can't we just kill him right now?" Ralph said in my head.
"Ralph, not now", I replied as we walked back to the house.

The next day was stressful as hell.
Lots of food, drinks and many others were being brought into the first floor, and I was running around in circles, attending to everything.
I was lost in thought, and I didn't realise someone was behind me, and they tackled me.
"Adrian!" Luc said.
"Luc!" I replied and hugged him.
I hadn't seen him in such a long time, and I had missed the little dude.
I envied him sometimes, he chose to be a human and was free from this whole drama of being a werewolf. And here I was, in love with my best friend's mate.

"Good to see you bro", he said.
"I see you didn't bring many things", I said, when I noticed that he only came with a backpack .
"Yep", he replied.
"I'm leaving ASAP!" He said, and I chuckled.
"It's almost time to get ready, let me take you to see your brother", I said, and we went upstairs.
"Where's the big bad Alpha?" He announced as he entered Zayne's room.
Zayne was apparently getting ready, so he had on his dress pants and a singlet.
"Over here", he said in an amusing tone.
"Get over here, little bro!" Zayne added and hugged his little brother passionately.

"I'll leave you two now."
"I have to get ready too", I said, and was excused.
I went into my room and wore my black suit.
Only Zayne would be wearing white, and Paige would also wear a white gown, almost like a wedding dress.
The ceremony was to welcome her into the pack as the Luna.
It was like a wedding, and they would recite some ancient words.
Then, Zayne would bite her, and she would be able to communicate with him through the mind link.
No one was directly linked to the alpha, except those in his army and the maids who worked in the house.
Paige would be able to communicate with me on a more intimate basis too, but only if I bit her, since she was my mate.
She was only linked to me through the pack, and not by the mate bond.
I wondered the kinds of pain I would go through when he marked her, and the thought pained my soul.

It was time to go downstairs, and Zayne had already left with Luc, so it was just me left.
When I reached the third floor, I saw her come out of her room, and I was speechless.
The dress was made of silk, and it was a floor length type.
It clung to her beautifully carved body, and she had silver heels and lovely dangling earrings.
Her neck was bare, probably giving space for Zayne to mark.
"Hello, beta", she said as she came close to me.
"You look beautiful, Paige", I said.
"Thanks", she replied curtly, and she looked a bit...sad.

"Are you okay?" I asked in worry.
"Do I look like I am?"
"I don't want to be with him", she said slowly.
"Why?"
"You are his mate", I said, the bitter words tasting like metal in my mouth.
"Well, am I not yours as well?"
"Are you happy to see me walk down the aisle with another man?" She said, her eyes glossing with tears.
"You'll ruin your makeup, don't cry", I said, handing her my handkerchief, but she pushed it away.
"I found out what happens."
"I know what I am supposed to do tonight."
"And I know it will break your heart if I do it."
"So, are you not bothered?" She asked me.

"You, you are not mine."
"You are his."
"Fulfill your duties as the Luna of River Moon pack."
"Bed the Alpha", I said, immediately regretting what I said.
"Is that what you truly want?" She asked again, hoping that I would change my words, but I didn't.
"It's time to wake up, Paige", I said.
"In the end, you're going to choose only one mate, and that's not me."
"I cannot snatch away your rights as Luna."
"Goodbye, Paige", I said, leaving her alone on the empty floor.
"You'll regret this!" She yelled behind me.
"I know, I will", I said to myself.

Paige's POV

I blinked away my tears and went downstairs, careful to not step on my dress.
Adrian would pay for what he said.
He'll seriously allow me to sleep with Zayne?
Okay.
I will!
Imagine the shock on my face when I asked Zayne's former nanny, Emilia about the ceremony night.
There were so many things that I wasn't educated on, and I don't blame myself.
My mother was always so busy, trying to make sure I lived comfortably.
And, I had my books. But I never came across books that talked about sex or mating.
So, I was to spread my legs while Zayne did what he felt like to me, down there?
I nearly barfed from the thought of his hands on me, but it had to be done.
If it was Adrian however...

I felt blood rush to my cheeks at the thought of him on me.
Just like the night of my heat, he would touch me there, where I was aching to be touched.
My body became alert from thinking about his kisses, but I pushed the thoughts away when I realised that I was in front of the court door.
Everyone was waiting for me, and my heartbeat increased.
"Are you ready, Luna?" Emilia asked and I nodded slowly.