43

She was going to leave, but she stopped dead in her tracks when she remembered something.
The hand that caressed her head on the balcony, and the hand that just helped her were both similar, if not, the same.
She then started to feel scared, and because it was dark, she was terrified that the stalker was also in the same room with her.
She immediately mind linked with Zayne because she couldn't find him in the crowd.
"Zayne, where are you?" She asked in a terrified tone.
"I'm still at the table, what's wrong baby?"
"You sound scared", he said.

He didn't receive a reply and started to get worried, but before he could set out to find her, she ran into his arms and he wrapped his arms around her.
Her heart was beating fast, and he stroked her hair.
"Are you okay my love?"He asked.
"I was scared, but now I'm better", she said, and he held her even tightly.
"Is everything okay?" He asked.
"I think I have a stalker, Zayne."
"And, he's in the room with us", she said, making Zayne surprised.
"Stalker?"

Zayne's POV

I could feel how scared she was. It was almost as if it was my own heart beating.
I hugged her tightly, and Dylan jumped happily.
I had not been in contact with her for more than a week, and I was dying inside.
I felt sorry towards her, and I knew she needed space.
I was so stupid, bringing my mate out to the pack to disgrace her.
The lady who slapped me really set me straight and I realised how foolish I acted.
I suspended Adrian from his position, and he wasn't at the party either.

Although I knew fully well that they were mates, Dylan still didn't want to accept it, and he got angry whenever he thought about Adrian.
But, Adrian was still my best friend regardless, and I couldn't ignore the friendship we shared.
So, I gave both of us space to heal.
Later, we would talk about all that had happened.

As soon as Paige said she had a stalker, the weather started to get bright again and we were able to see everyone's faces.
"Are you sure he's here with us?" I asked, and she nodded.
I looked around the crowd of wolves that had graced us with their presence, I spotted someone who made me growl silently.
We made eye contact and he smirked at me, and it made me mad.
"Just a minute baby", I said to Paige, and walked faster than my legs could carry.
"And what are you doing here, Alpha Julian?"
"I don't think you are on the invite list", I said in a low voice, trying to not get the attention of others.

"Alpha Zayne, a pleasure to see you again."
"You do look spicy in your attire", Julian said.
"Cut the bullshit, Julian."
"I want you and your pack members out of my territory, now!" I said with a hateful voice.
"Calm down, Z."
"You invited us", Julian said.
"What?"
"I would never!"
"Where's your proof?"
"Cos I know for sure that the only pack missing is the Red Lake pack", I said with clenched fists, and Julian chuckled.
"Roland", Julian called his Beta.
"Yes, Alpha", his beta replied.
"Show Alpha Zayne the territorial agreement document", Julian said, never taking his eyes off of me.
"Here it is", he said, and handed it to me.
I grabbed it immediately and read through, and I gasped when I saw my own signature and seal at the end of the document, giving my approval that the Blood Lupis pack could come to the party.

"I don't believe it."
"Simon!" I yelled through the mind link, and Simon was beside me in a second.
"Yes, Alpha", he said.
"Is the Red Lake pack on the invite list?" I asked.
"No, Alpha", Simon replied, and I shot my head at him.
"What?"
"How is that possible?" I asked in rage.
"They backed down the invitation, and we received another territorial agreement from the Blood Lupis pack", Simon said.
I was left in shock, and Julian smirked when he saw my expression.
"Signed and mailed to us by the River Moon pack itself", Julian said, grabbing the paper from my hand.

"Fine."
"You can stay."
"But, I do not want you to make a mess, like you usually did whenever my father invited you."
"Just, finish the party, and leave quietly", I warned.
"Of course", Julian said and I turned to walk away from him.
Simon followed me, and we had just reached the middle of the floor when I heard Julian's voice, and I exhaled.

"Hello, everyone!"
"I see you're all enjoying the party", he said, and I looked at him.
"What do you think you're doing, Julian?"
"What did I just say?" I said, and he walked to me.
Everyone had their eyes on us now, and he had a smug look on his face.
"For most of you who do not know me, I am Alpha Julian of the Blood Lupis pack."
"And, even though Alpha Zayne is not too delighted to have me, I am deeply honoured by his invitation to attend this party with my pack members."
"We all appreciate it, Alpha Zayne", he said with a devilish smirk, and I knew he was up to no good.

I turned to go back to see Paige, but he continued speaking however, and this time, his words were interesting.
"Alpha Zayne, you have something that belongs to me", he said.
"And, what would that be?" I asked, and he smiled.
"I am here for my daughter", he said.
"I never knew you had a daughter."
"Isn't your mate like.. barren?" I said, looking at the timid woman who was behind him.
She turned away in embarrassment, and I could see that Julian was more embarrassed.
"She's not my real mate."
"My real mate is from this pack, and she gave birth to my child without my knowledge!" He yelled, and gasps were heard from the room.

"Really?"
"And, who might that unfortunate woman be?" I asked with folded hands, earning a chuckle from him.
"Stop pushing us!" Paige's mom said from the crowd, and people then moved away from them.
Paige and her mother then came forward, and Julian's Beta was pushing them through the crowd.
"How dare you lay a finger on them?" I said in a growl.
"What is the meaning of this, Julian?"
"Why is your Beta harassing my mate and her mother?" I asked in anger.
"You still don't get it, do you?" He taunted.
"Sandra over here, is my real fate mate", he said, making me and every other wolf in the pack to gasp.
"And, your mate, the Luna of this pack, is my daughter!" He yelled, and I took a step back.

"What?"
"You're Paige's father?" I asked, shock flowing through my veins.
"Mom, what's he saying?"
"He's my father?"
Paige asked her mother, who didn't say a word.
"You did a good job by hiding her away from me all these years, Sandy, but, I'm much smarter than you", Julian said, and Paige's mother cringed from the nickname.