19

"You say that this man could be a spy?" Zayne asked his men, pointing to the half beaten rogue in the dungeons.
"Yes, we injected him with wolfsbane, so he is weak at the moment", Simon said.
"Which pack do you come from?" Zayne asked the man.
"I'll, I'll never tell!"
The man hollered.
"Who sent you then?" Ron asked.
"I was sent, to, to find her."
"He has been searching for her for such a long time."
"And, we finally found her", he said in a slow voice.
"Who are you talking about?"
"Speak up!" Zayne asked, but the rogue wasn't ready to speak.
"Find out yourself."
"On, the lunar eclipse", the man said, and snapped his own neck.

"What the fuck?" Simon said in disgust.
"Burn the body", Zayne commanded and left the vault.
"Boss, does this mean that someone from another pack is targeting our pack?" Ron asked.
"It seems so."
"We have to be careful during the eclipse."
"I don't know who he was talking about, so we have to make sure that every female in the pack is present and protected."
"Gather the men of the pack, and inform them to be alert!" Zayne said in his alpha tone, and Simon, Adrian and Ron left.
"Alpha, my mate, Kendra is about to give birth!"
"She is losing blood and we need the alpha's signature before she can be authorised blood!"
Caleb, the gamma, said to Zayne through the mind link.
"What?"
"I'll be there", he said to him.

"Adrian!" Zayne yelled through the mind link.
"Yes, Zayne?"
"Come back, keep the Luna protected until her mother arrives."
"Got it?" Zayne asked.
"Yes sir", Adrian replied, and Zayne hurriedly went to his car, and left for the hospital.
Adrian dreaded having to be in the presence of his Luna once again.
He was hurt by her.
He felt betrayed by her.
He felt disgusted by her.
He wanted to hate her.
He wanted to reject her.
He wanted to curse her.
But, he couldn't bring himself to do it.
He walked into the house and she was watching TV with an amused expression on the second floor.
Two maids were positioned at the door, and when Paige turned to see him, her facial expression changed.
He did his best to ignore the sweet scent that was emitting from her, but it was hard.
But, after seeing Zayne's mark on her neck, anger filled his heart and he tore his gaze from her.

Paige's POV

"Leave us", I commanded the maids.
"Ma'am, but the alpha said-", a maid replied, but I interrupted her.
"I do not care what the alpha says."
"And, his beta would not do anything to taunt him."
"So, leave us, and come back in ten minutes", I said, authority seething from my voice, forcing the maids to obey.
Adrian looked at me with an unreadable expression, but I didn't look at him.
I sat far away from him, for fear that he would pounce on me if I got too close.
"Why did you want to speak in private, Luna?" He asked, hatred forcing its way out of his voice.

"Are, are you okay?"
"You, don't look well", I said in a slow tone.
"I am fantastic!"
"I mean, my own mate had sex with my best friend, so, I'm perfectly fine!" He said in a sarcastic tone, but I could sense that he was hurt.
"But you were the one who took me to him."
"You wanted me to sleep with him!" I said.
"I didn't think you really had feelings for him, so I thought I would be able to manage."
"But, no."
"You seemed to enjoy his embrace."
"When I was dying from a literal broken heart, you were busy fucking him!" He yelled.

"Lower your voice, Adrian!"
"And, don't speak to me like that", I said, trying to not get angry.
Rose was on edge and was ready to come out and defend me.
"You two make a wonderful couple indeed."
"I never knew betrayal was as painful as this", he said with a sad face.
"But he's my mate", I said.
"What about me?"
"Was the kiss we shared not important?"
"Tell me something, Paige."
"Do you love him?"
"Or, are you just drawn to him because of the mate bond?" Adrian asked, leaving me silent.

"You're just filled with lust for him."
"You hated him two days ago, but I saw you sitting on his lap, and he was touching you!"
"I would have ripped off his neck if he wasn't the alpha."
"How dare he touch you?"
Adrian said, his voice sounding like he was ready to kill Zayne.
"Don't touch Zayne!"
"Or, I'll kill you myself!" I yelled, making Adrian to look at me in disbelief.
"Wow."
"The bond between mates is surely something."
"You're smitten by him already."
"It's only a matter of time before you two become inseparable, and, you'll carry his child."

"Good for you", he said with contempt, and I felt bad.
"Adrian", I said, and tried to get close to him, but he stretched his hand out, indicating for me to not come close.
"Don't."
"Don't come near me when you're smelling like him."
"Or, I might forget who you are and hurt you."
"I hate him for claiming you as his."

"But I hate you more, for falling into his arms, just because you were blinded by lust!"
He said, and his eyes were filled with anger.
"If only you knew what he said about you."
"But, you don't care right?"
"As long as he fucks you well, nothing he says will ever matter", Adrian said, jealousy and anger filled in his voice.
"Get out", I said with my eyes closed.
"Goodbye Luna!" He yelled and by the time I opened my eyes, he was gone.