37

"I felt a sharp pain in my chest, and I went to the library, and saw Adrian kissing Paige, and her neck was bleeding", Zayne said in a forced manner.
"Okay."
"And what state was Paige in when you saw her?" She asked.
"She, she looked, weak, and vulnerable, and she had a pained expression on her face."
"Almost, as if..", he said, but didn't complete his sentence.
"As if?" She asked.
"As if she was being forced to be there."
"As if, she didn't want to be marked", Zayne said in a sad voice.

"Good, good observation."
The woman said, and then turned to face the whole pack.
She stretched her hands out and gold mist emerged from her hands.
The pack members suddenly started to move, and everyone walked towards the doors, until the room was empty, leaving the rest of us.
"What did you do?" Adrian asked.
"Saved the Luna from disgrace", she said.
"None of them will have any memory of what happened today", she added.
"And, back to you, Zayne", she said to Zayne, who was still bewildered by what just occurred.

"You chose to follow tradition instead of your instincts."
"You would rather bring your mate to shame rather than taint your position, right?" She said, and Zayne looked away.
"Let me ask you a question, Zayne."
"If the roles were changed, what would happen?"
"If you were the one who was caught in the library, would you have been summoned to the pack?" She asked, but Zayne didn't want to speak.
He spoke however, after she forced him to.
"I wouldn't be summoned."
"The alphas are exempted from such traditions", he said in a forced manner.
"Yeah, that's what I thought", she said in disgust.

She then walked to him until he was facing her, and she sighed.
She then snapped her fingers, and he could move again, but before he could stand up, the woman spread her palm wide and slapped Zayne.
Not once, but twice.
And each slap was as deafening as it could be.
Everyone was shocked to see how their Alpha was being treated, but they couldn't do anything, because this woman had more power than Zayne himself.

He was taken aback at her attack and stood up in anger, but her eyes glowed a bright gold, and he slowly fell back to his feet.
"I regret choosing you as her mate!"
"You brought her out to the whole pack to disgrace her."
"And, then you say the Alpha is exempted from such rules?"
"What's so special about being an Alpha?"
"Even though I am fully aware of how you werewolves were created, your actions and rules makes my skin crawl!"
"How could you put your own mate, the other half of your soul in such a disgraceful position?"
"You watched how people called her names, and insulted her."

"How can you live with yourself, knowing that you made your Luna be put to shame, in front of the people that look up to her?"
"Her friends, her mother, her handmaidens."
"How do you want them to view her?"
"As a Luna that had a forbidden relationship with the Beta?"
"Or as a cheap Luna who gave herself to her mate's best friend?" The lady yelled in anger, and Zayne looked down in shame.
"Apologize to your Luna, now!" She commanded.
"I was wrong."
"I was blinded by my jealousy."
"I didn't think well."
"I shouldn't have done this", Zayne said truthfully.

"And, apologize for intentionally leaving her when she was in heat", the woman said, and I finally spoke.
"Intentionally leaving me in heat?" I asked, gaining the attention of everyone in the room.
"You didn't know?"
"Your Alpha over here, left you when you needed him the most."
"His reason being that he hated how strong your mind was, and you weren't easily swayed by him!" She said, and I was left in surprise.
"I can explain, Paige", he said.
"Do you want to hear his explanation, Paige?" She asked me in a loving way, and I shook my head in disagreement.

I wasn't ready for whatever he was going to say, and I was still hurt that he saw me as a traitor.
"Adrian, did you know about this?"
"Is that why you came to me that day?" I asked him, tears slowly forming in my eyes.
"I couldn't watch you suffer, so I came to you."
"I never told him about it", he said, and looked down.
The lady then walked to Adrian, whose head was still down in shame.
"Look at me, Adrian", she said, and he slowly looked up.
"Janelle asked me to give you a present, she said with a smile.
"Janelle, your sister?" He asked, and she nodded.
"What did she say?" He asked.
Adrian didn't expect to get slapped just as Zayne did, and he was completely taken aback.
As her hands collided with his face, he fell down to the floor, nearly going blind.