22

"You were too busy talking to people yesterday, and you didn't notice how he was staring at you."
"It was a mixture of care and also..fear?"
"I guess?"
"When I saw him at the pack hospital, I asked if I could come see you, and when I mentioned you, his eyes softened, and I could tell that he has feelings for you!"
Nara said, but the words of Adrian ringed in my head.

"You're just filled with lust for him!"

I shook my head, and sighed.
"What if..", I said, and Nara eyed me.
"What is it now?" She asked, dreading my response.
"What if it's just lust?"
"He just wants me for my body, and nothing more", I said in a low voice.
"Are you crazy?"
"Who makes a person their Luna for just sex?"
"Please."
"Do you really think that Zayne couldn't get a woman if he wanted to?"
"He's the freaking alpha for crying out loud!"
"Many unmated females are dying to spread their legs for him."
"And, he's so hot at that."

"Honestly Paige, if he wanted to just relieve himself sexually, he would have done it with any woman he chose."
"But, he made you his Luna."
"In front of the whole pack, he promised to care for you, and love you!"
"And, you think he doesn't care for you?"
"Please, don't make me laugh", she said, and my mood improved.
"Thanks Nara, you're the best friend ever."
"And, you better not leave me for your mate when you find him!" I warned, and she smiled.
"Wouldn't even dare to try it", she said.

"Nara, could you uh..."
"Tell me more about...you know..the thing?" I asked in a cryptic way.
"What?"
"About getting Zayne to love you?" She asked, and I sighed.
"Yeah, but no."
"Emilia only said that I was supposed to lie down on the bed and let Zayne do the work."
"But, when he said to take over, it was exhausting."
"It just made me wonder if it's tiring for him too", I said, and Nara snorted.
"What's funny?" I asked.
"Nothing, your gullibility is too cute."
"There are different ways to do it, and I happen to know a few", she said and smirked.
"I knew I could count on you", I said, and she started to reveal to me ways that I could enchant the alpha.

"He's gonna go nuts if you do these", Nara said.
We were joking around when the air started to feel weird, and an unfamiliar scent was roaming around the forest.
A twig snapped, and Nara and I paused.
"What, what's that?" She whispered, and I grew afraid.
A loud growling was heard, and three large wolves appeared from the trees.
They were grey, brown and ash in colour, and their eyes were filled with fury, and they were even foaming in the mouth.
"Nara, we have to run", I whispered.
"They're gonna kill us as soon as we take a step", she said.
"I'll call Zayne", I said, and the wolves were getting close.

"Zayne!"
"Help us!"
"We wandered into the woods and we just met three rogues that are about to kill us!" I yelled through the mind link.
"What?"
"Oh my goodness, Paige, what did I tell you?"
"Stay there, I'm coming!" He said, and immediately disappeared from my head.
"They're getting close", Nara said in a scared tone.
"On the count of three, we'll try to outrun them, we're fast runners, right?" I said, and she nodded slowly.
"Whatever you do, don't look back", I warned.
"One, two.."
"Three!" I yelled, and we started to run.
I didn't realise how deep we were in the woods, but there were many trees that were blocking us from the wolves.

Nara's hand was in mine, and we were running, but we didn't know where we were going.
"I, can't keep up", Nara said, and let go of my hand.
I stopped and looked back, and she was kneeling on the floor in exhaustion.
"Nara!" I yelled as I saw the grey wolf approaching her.
"Shift!" Rose said, coming out and immediately attacking the wolf who was about to pounce on her.
He bit my neck and I scratched his eyes with my claws.
I bit his left leg and threw him against a tree, causing the tree to snap in two.
Another brown wolf emerged from above me and I fought with it, biting its neck.

This wolf was a lot stronger than the other one, and I felt Rose getting weak.
"No!" Nara said, shifting into Lana, her dust coloured wolf.
She sprinted and hit the other wolf in his stomach, and he fell to the floor.
The last ash wolf started to approach us in fury, seeing that it's companions had been defeated.
A loud pained howl was heard from far away, and I immediately recognised it.

Zayne.

The two hurt wolves became alert at the sound, and immediately tried to get to their feet.
The last wolf however, didn't want to leave, and as the howl grew closer, Nara and I looked towards the direction of the howl, forgetting that the wolves still hadn't left.
Zayne appeared from the shadows, and he had two other big brown wolves beside him, which I immediately recognised as Simon and Ron.
"Are you okay?" Zayne asked through the mind link, and I could tell that he was worried.
"Yes, I am", I said.
I was about to take a step towards him, when I heard his scream in my head.
"No!" Zayne yelled, and the last thing I remembered, was Rose getting hurled into a tree.