20

I was on the verge of tears, and the tears flowed slowly down my cheek.
Hearing Adrian's hurtful words was painful, but I knew he was in much more pain.
"Luna, your mother is here", a maid announced, causing me to quickly wipe away my tears.
"Darling!" My mother said from the door, and I rushed to hug her.
"I didn't get to see you last night, and I'm happy that we finally get to spend time together!" She said in a joyful tone.
"Lunch will be served in an hour", Emilia announced, leaving my mother and I alone in the living room.

"I missed you, mom", I said, feeling a wave of sadness.
"Why do you sound unhappy, my dear?"
"Is the alpha not treating you well?"
She asked me in a worried tone.
"No, he is", I said in a sad voice.
"I'm, I'm just confused."
"And, I feel like I'm in a battle with myself", I whispered, the tears fighting their way out of my eyes.
"Come here", my mother said with affection, and I hugged her.
"I understand that you had to be given this huge opportunity at such a young age."
"Do you want to talk about it?" She asked, and I sniffled.
"Mom", I said, tears strolling down my eyes.

"Shh, calm down and tell me what's on your mind", she said in a calm voice, stroking my back.
I finally stopped crying, and when I was able to catch my breath, I told her everything.
That I was the mate of both the alpha and the beta.
And how Adrian was hurt because I mated with Zayne.
I just didn't know what to do, but, finally telling someone about it felt much better, and my mother listened well.
"I don't know what to do, Mom."
"I'm supposed to love Zayne, but, I still have affection for Adrian."
"And, the mate bond is bringing me closer to Zayne, but, seeing Adrian makes my heart ache."
"I'm confused", I said in a pitiful tone.

"This is new, Paige."
"We have never had such occurrences in werewolf history."
"But, maybe the witches can help."
"Although, they don't stay in the northern region."
"They, they can be found, in the west", my mother explained, and I saw her facial expression changed when she mentioned the west.
"Well, can we not go and find them?" I asked, hoping for a positive answer.
"No!" My mother said, almost too quickly, but she regained herself.
"The alpha will never allow it."
"And most especially when you're newly mated."
"The packs of the western lycan region are sworn enemies with the River Moon pack, so, we cannot even dream of going there."
My mother said, making me feel even more sad.
There's no way Zayne would let me go, and I couldn't even tell him about this whole mate thing.

"Oh, why do you have to go through such pain?" My mother said to me in a sad way.
"Don't worry, we'll get through this."
"I'll do everything I can to contact them", she said, giving me a glimmer of home and I smiled.
"Now, did the maids give you any preventive medication?" She asked and I didn't know what she meant.
"I don't know what that is, Mom", I said, and her eyes widened.
"Paige, did we ever talk about sex education?" My mother asked, and my cheeks reddened.
"No, mom", I said.

"This is all my fault."
"So, how did you know what to do?"
"Because, you reek of alpha so bad", she said, and I stuttered.
"I, uh, Nara and one of their older maids gave me insight", I said, avoiding her gaze.
"Okay."
"That's good."
"Well, if you're not ready to carry the alpha's cubs, then you should ask the maids for some medications."
"Or, if there is none, we can get some from the pack hospital", she explained.
"You're still so young, and I don't want you to go through hell like I did", she added with a smile.

"Don't worry mom, I have Zayne with me."
"Whatever happens, we'll gladly take it", I said.
"Okay."
"But remember, do not stay alone with any male who is not mated."
"Especially, the beta."
"In fact, do not see him until two months are over", she warned.
"And, please, don't let him mark you."
"That would be the end of you both", she said, this time with a serious face.
"Is it that bad?" I asked, and she nodded.
"When I was mated, I was never seen outside, unless it was important."
"Of course, your father was with me whenever I went out", she said, her eyes filled with love as she remembered.

"Mom, why didn't he stay?"
"Didn't he love you enough?"
"Why did he let you go through the pregnancy alone?"
"He's such a bad person, and he doesn't deserve to be my father!" I said, hatred filling my tone.
"Darling, it's not that easy to give up everything you own, just so you can be with the person you love.
"He had a lot to risk, and so did I."
"I just couldn't leave this pack."
"And he didn't want to leave his."
"So, he left."
"That was about twenty five years ago, and I've forgotten all about him."
"You grew up to be a beautiful young lady either way", she said.
"How did you two meet?" I asked curiously.
"The old Luna had just given birth to her second child.
"She gave birth during the winter solstice, so the alpha organized a large event, and invited different packs from all the regions."

"So, when we were all dining and having a good time, I saw him."
"The most beautiful man I had ever set my eyes on."
"We fell in love at first sight, and oh, I loved him dearly."
"He spent some time in the pack, but when his connection with his pack was getting weaker, he knew he had been away from them for a long time."
"He begged me to go with him, but I didn't want to."
"All my friends and family were here, and this was the pack I grew up in, so I refused."
"When I told him I was pregnant with you, I thought he would stay at least, but no."
"He left, and that was the last time I ever heard of him."
"I still hate him down to this day, and if I saw him right now, I would punch him", my mother said, and I could sense that she was a bit sad.

"I'll help you beat him up", I said, and hugged my mother.
"I won't let you live like I did."
"So, I'll do everything I can to make sure that we get in contact with the witches, okay?" My mother said with assurance, and I nodded.
We had lunch, and she helped me plant a few flowers in the garden.
When we were done, I saw Zayne coming from the garage, and he wasn't alone.
"Nara!" I screamed, and ran to them.
"Hello, best friend, can I breathe now?" She said in a muffled tone.
I was hugging her tightly, and she wasn't breathing well.
"Alpha", my mother bowed.
"Hello, Miss Aspen."
"Miss Nara here wanted to come see the Luna", Zayne said.
"I'll be in my office, let me know if you need anything", he said, and I smiled at him.