Chapter 1

Chapter 1
She figures she has nothing better to do so she goes to the kitchen and makes herself an omelette.

The sun peaks in through the window, giving her eyes the sparkle many loved. She opens the window and breathes in the lovely air. The slides a hand through the flowers on the potted plants by the windows.

Lilies.

It's a hot afternoon so she's wearing a long cotton t-shirt hiding her favourite shorts underneath.

Soft English music plays in the background. How she loves her Sundays. Nothing like a perfect Sunday. Suddenly the familiar sound of humming reaches her ears.

Her dad's back from his shop she realises.

In a hurry to greet him, she forgets all about her pretty-much-burnt-but-not-so-much omlete on the plate waiting to be devoured.

'Daddy', she rushes to him embracing him in her tiny arms which doesn't quite fit around her fathers bulky body.

'Lily put on some shorts at least! What if anybody sees you like that?!', he shook his head with a serious expression hiding his amusement.

'I am wearing shorts, daddy!! I'm not ten anymore', and as if to prove her point she pushes her shirt a little higher and tucks it in. Some sophistication.

And this, ladies and gentlemen, is Lily Young for you. As her surname quite suggests, even though she's eighteen she retains the charm of a child. Annoyingly so.

She promptly goes to the kitchen, grabs her snack and dumps herself on her couch in the living room.

Her father smiles at her "little" daughter and chuckles at himself.

In the middle of flipping through her Harry Potter, her phone declares that it has a message for her.

She opens her phone and finds her best friend Christian Rodgers' smart little face beaming up at her.

'Hey Miss Busy-Who-Can't-Talk-To-Her-BestFriend!!!!'.

She threw her head back and laughed heartily.

Christian or more popularly known as Chris was her best friend since the start of man. He was tall, smart and extremely good looking. No wonder half the world had a crush on him.

When Lily's mother, Sarah, died due to cancer, he was there for her and now they were best of chums.

'Well Rodgers, I had gone swimming' she replied in utmost honesty.

Her phone vibrated again. 'You didn't drown?!' he replied alongside two crying emojis as if to emphasise it.

'Whateves' she retorted, sticking out her tongue at the phone. I warned you before, didn't I?

They texted back and forth until she bid goodbye to take a nice shower.

It was almost evening when she returned with wet hair, water droplets splashing on the newly cleaned carpet as rain.

'Lily, go dry your hair first. I just took that carpet to the dry cleaners yesterday', her dad scolded her.

'Sorry! My bad' and quickly scurried to her room to dry her hair.

She thought about what to do next. She planned on starting college later along with her best friends, leaving her with much free time with nothing to do. As soon as she was done the bell to the front door rang.

Presenting Zara Ryder.

'Hey' she chirped when Lily opened the door to her bestie and hugged her.

Zara was standing in a very beautiful black dress which made her hourglass figure stand out. She had the perfect Demi Lovato haircut which Lily adored since grade eight.

Zara was a confident lady and also was a writer. Even though they both were the same age Zara was much further mature and almost ever guy fell for her.

'Am I missing something here?', because even though Lily was quite forgetful, she never could've missed a party invite.

Adding to her confusion Chris came running up the steps towering over Zara to greet her too.

His hair was secured in place with a blue beanie. He wore a leather jacket and a pair of black denims.

'It's a suprise you dimwitted owl. Come on change into something good. We're going star gazing'

'I like this', she replied smirking. 'Wohoo'
........