Chapter 14

Silence.
One word with which you meet the ocean. They plunged deep into the water. They separated out into groups of two but Jade decided to stay with Chris and Zara since both are inexperienced.
Therefore Lily was again stuck with Shane.
Lily felt as if she had dived into a different world altogether. The only sound she could hear was her own heartbeat. Shane held her hand to guide her, a shiver went down her spine, but she let him hold it, she had a habit of getting lost.
They kept swimming deeper into the silence until Shane pointed his finger at something. When Lily met her eye to where he was pointing, she saw a sting ray, right beneath them. It was so beautiful. A massive body, only adjoined by a single thin tail which had much more power than one could expect.
They touched different kinds of corals, some were moving too. Blue, green, turquoise, magenta, lavender, name it and there it is. They saw so many fishes. At some point of time Lily spotted a fish and made a NEMO with her fingers making Shane laugh.
Suddenly this orange ish octopus swooshed in front of them, Lily got so freaked out and clutched at Shane's hand. She realised what she was doing and quickly let go.
She turned beet red.
Shane motioned her to come with him. He lead her towards this dark dingy, cave kinda area. She shook her head, Lily was scared of the dark.
Shane motioned her to chill and took hold of her hand, leading the way. He switched on the spotlight on his watch, hi-tech stuff.
Lily saw as they passed a sea urchin unfurl, a shoal of different colored fishes, it surprised Lily how so many life forms could exist under a single roof of a dark cave underwater.
When they reached a little deeper Shane stopped and so did Lily.
He pointed at something and Lily picked it up with her free hand. It was an oyster.
She was surprised, she didn't expect him to give her something like that.
But she didn't have a chance to react. Shane pocketed the oyster and made her look at his watch.
They were in water for an hour. They were supposed to reach there twenty minutes before.
Just as they were moving out of the cave, Lily's feet hit a small stone and was about to fall off but thankfully Shane held her by the waist.
They stared at each other for a minute.
Then Shane straightened up, took hold of her hand once more and they started swimming upwards.
Lily stared at him all through that lengthy swim while reaching the top.
She couldn't believe that this guy did not remember her. It just couldn't be possible.
They reached the shore and as soon as Lily's face hit the ground, both Zara and Chris started cheering.
'In there for quite some time huh? Hope you didn't do anything stupid, you were underwater guys, without protection.. ', Chris joked.
'Oh please, shutup', said Lily.
'How was it?', Jade asked.
'In one word it would be peace. That's what I got from there, in there, all the time. And so much life. Full of it. I loved it. But I hate Shane for doing this, he took me inside a dark cave and I was so scared. I'm scared of the dark and..'
'You aren't scared of the dark, You're scared of what it has inside of it', Shane said.
Standing ovation to that thought though.
This is how Shane sees life. This is what Lily loved about him, his deep views about everything around him. He looked at life from a completely different point of view. And this is what Lily loved about him.
'Ya. Whatever. So philosophical Killean', said Lily rolling her eyes, at least she pretended to do so.
They went back and dried up. Jade called all of them to fill this 'I did scuba diving' kinda form. Just as they were going, Shane held Lily back.
'Come with me', he said. They went to the locker where Shane opened his rucksack and took out that oyster.
Lily opened it and kept staring at it.
There was a beautiful pink pearl in it.
But the next words that were uttered by Shane surprised her more than ever.
'Pearls for the precious'
......
Another one up. Hope you like it too. Shout out to thehokage05. You're the firework, bitch!
Happy reading!