Chapter 24

Lily's feet seemed to go numb as she watched the pair hugging and laughing. It was like all her hopes and all her faith being taken into a small bag being crushed.
'Hey Lily!', the sound of his voice, even though waking her up from her thought train, made her blood boil.
'Meet Samantha. She is an old friend of mine. We met in college'.
Color returned back to her face as she released her breath which she didn't knew she was holding in.
Samantha looked a bit confused but quickly composed herself. 'We've already met', she said laughing nervously. 'She's a friend of Chris. You know, my boyfriend'. She said th3 last two words a bit teasingly.
What's going on, Lily thought. Samantha was acting weirdly. Sam had never mentioned to be a friend of hers even though she was always around the hotel. Nevertheless, she gave the concern no more thought, ready to believe that everything was perfect. Or was it?
'Lily, you ready?', Sam's cheery voice woke her.
'Of course. Bye Samantha. See ya later!'
But Sam held Samantha's hand as she was leaving.
'She's coming with us'
..........
'Hey Aster! Ma man!!', Sam screamed even though his voice wasn't audible around the club. His childhood  friend gave him this weird kinda handshake. He hugged Lily and shook hands with Samantha.
Aster and Sam were friends for life, basically. Lily had met him quite a few times but they knew each other. They talked for a while, catching up on years of lost conversation.
After some time Samantha got up to get some drinks.
'Wait up. I'm coming with ya', Sam said.
Samantha looked confused but let him accompany him anyway.
As they zoomed out of sight, Lily turned to Aster.
'So Ass', she laughed.
Aster gave her a cute little pout, 'Dude. Just stop calling me that. That's like so old. I'd almost forgotten you guys used to call me that'.
'How's Nikki?', she asked teasingly.
Aster blushed. 'You remember?'.
'Of course bud. Wouldn't forget in million years. Lemme guess you started liking her in 9th grade?'.
'Okay. Okay. Just stop woman. You haven't changed one bit. I'm happy cuz u love you for who you are but it's so irritating sometimes'. Lily smiled.
'Nikki is okay. Wait... Who am I kidding? She's so gorgeous man. Can't get enough of her'.
After an hour, Lily asked him, 'So, Samantha huh? She's in the same college as you guys?'
'Dude, I don't know. I met her today only', said Aster
'Umm... But Sam said that they were old friends and all.'
'Wait what? He's definitely lying man. You know him. If Samantha was an old friend I would've know, wouldn't I?', said Aster matter of factly.
But Lily's senses came to a shut down as she pushed past the crowd of teens dancing to "One Dance". Somehow her brain seemed to process what all was happening. She could hear Aster but she didn't stop. She should've listened to Zara. How dumb was she? How could've she believed him? Wasn't once enough for her to make her believe what kind of a human is he?
And then her eyes saw them, kissing each other, Sam and Samantha.
She didn't know when her hand hit his face, when she rushed to take a taxi, when she hopped in and the tears seem to grace her face but it all happened in a blur. It didn't take her long to be reminded of that night.
The night of the big incident....
......
Yes, I have decided to continue with the book cuz well.... I LOVED IT SO MUCH!! I hope you guys love it too. The next chap is all about the big incident *oooooooooo*.
This one's up for AnviVijh. ❤ you so much.
Happy Reading ;D