Chapter 4

Lily was still questioning the fact that there was a zombie apocalypse or that it was her birthday. Because no matter what happens her two best friends would not, in the least, stop screaming there ass off.
'HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRO!!!!! ' they yelled again, which was about the twentieth time that minute, while Lily sat there with eyes closed and a wide smile.
'It's twelve you ass holes!!. Get some sleep. Oh don't tell me you got a cake?! '
'It's chocolate raspberry, you're favourite. Now get up or I'm gonna spank you. It's your birthday dumbass' Chris said helping her get out of bed and hugging her. 'No sleeping today, single lady'. He smirked.
'Ahhh!!! It's your birthday!!!' said Zara also proceeding to hug her bestie who was still half dazed. 'Lets go downstairs!!'
The trio jumped down the stairs, two at a time. Apparently while Lily was asleep, dreaming to nothingness, the pair of them, with a little help from the dad of course, had decorated the living room with balloons and pictures of them together. They had laid a beautiful cake with "Happy birthday Lilz" piped with white icing accompanied by nineteen cute little hearts. That made her remember about her mother, how she used to make her birthday's extremely special. Tom was standing beside the lamp hiding his tears. Wiping his tears away with his shirt he proceeded to his daughter.
'Happy birthday Lily!' he gave her hug and then held out his hand bearing the present he wrapped for her a week ago.
'Thanks Dad!'. She opened her present to find a pendant. It was in the shape of a butterfly whose wings opened. When she did so she found two pictures. One was hers while the other was her mother's.
'It's so awesome! '. Lily said, silent tears of unmeasurable happiness travelled down her cheeks. She wiped them away hastily, and gave Tom a hug.
The Cake cutting ceremony began and they shrieked their heads off when Lily started cutting it. Almost all the neighbours were now, well aware of the fact that it's Lily Young's birthday.
They all were feeling very sleepy by then so they jogged up the stairs and trashed themselves on the bed with a thud, startling Tom, who was still cleaning downstairs.
.........
In the morning they found themselves sleeping on each others shoulders, Lily on Chris' while he was sleeping on Zara's and Zara on Lily's.
Lily woke up and checked the time. 12 o'clock. Seriously, she had never slept that late. She went to the washroom, washed her face, came back and started waking up her friends. Nothing better to do on a sleepy morning, is there?
'Dude chill! The flight for the trip is tomorrow. Pack your bags if you're bored' murmured Chris. Lily was surprised.
'Chris what was that?' she shrieked.
'What happened?' came in Zara. 'What did he do again?'
'He said something like Chill, the trip is tomorrow' said Lily still recovering.
This time it was Zara's turn to shriek. No wonder the poor boy woke up with so much screaming.
'You spoilt it, you bitch!' Zara was now hitting him with a pillow.
A smile crept onto Lily's face. She exactly knew what is was all about. And she couldn't wait.
'Guys you didn't!'
.......