Chapter 26

Lily knew she had to do it, she knew it. Calmly she prayed in her mind and heart. She picked up the phone and told Shane, 'Hey. I opened the window but it's a 20 ft drop.'
Shane swore, he was more worried for Lily then he ever was.'CRAP! I'm coming in 5 minutes Lily. Chill. Yeah?'
Lily kept the phone down and started pacing the room, praying with all her might for this day to end.
Suddenly she heard footsteps, Sam was coming for her. He banged on the door. 'Lily? Open up man. What's up?'
She didn't answer. She didn't want to. She didn't want to look at his face. She wanted to go to her bed and curl up under the mattress. She wanted Zara and Chris and Shane and her parents.
He started banging and at the same time Lily heard a car honk.
She looked down. Shane was there. He had his dad's car. How did he know how to drive? But Lily didn't care. Shane motioned her to climb through the pipes on the side wall. Carefully getting her tiny body outside the even tinier window, Lily climbed out. She kept her foot at the ledge and climbed down slowly. Her whole body was trembling and her head ached. After about a million years of climbing she jumped down and Shane caught her. Lily was so relieved, she hugged him and started crying.
'Hey, listen, it's fine, it's over. I'm here. Yeah?'
Lily nodded. He carefully took her to the car, leading her by her shoulders. He handed her a bottle of water, and she drank quietly. She was still crying but she had calmed down.
Shane started the car and made way to his own house. He phoned Zara and Chris. They came over in 15 minutes and were shocked to see Lily in that state. Since Lily was still going through that trauma, Shane explained them the whole story.
They all sat there for a while in silence after which Chris and Shane called Sam and beat the living daylights out of him.
Zara had her arm around Lily, while Lily just sat there, numb. Absolutely numb.
They went to Lily's parents once they had come back from work after grabbing a burger from Dunkin Donuts, needless to say Lily had lost all appetite. Her parents were shocked too, they thanked Shane for saving her life and Chris and Zara for being there. They had a conversation over the phone with Sam's parents while Lily led them to her room. After a long silence, Chris spoke, 'Guys, let Lily rest, I guess you should take a holiday tomorrow Lilz, stay at home and we'll meet up with you after school'. Lily just nodded. She didn't have the strength to do anything else. She slept off just as her head hit the pillow. But she wouldn't forget the incident ever in her life.
......
Lily broke down. All those feelings bottled up inside her had finally broken loose from her. She walked to the hotel as quickly as her feet could take her, without a moment's pause. She reached the hotel, the cool air hitting her damp cheeks. She pushed the button of the lift taking it to her room.
Her thoughts clouded her mind, and she couldn't stop them from overflowing. It surprised her how well she remembered t, every second seemed longer than it was that day. She jabbed in the key, pushing the door open to find Chris and Zara sitting in front of the TV fighting for the remote. Seriously? How grown up.
As she came in, they both looked up. Their faces fell as they spotted tears on her cheeks. They reached over to her and pulled her into a group hug while Lily explained to them what had happened, mumbling under the weight of our best friends.
'I'm really sorry Chris. Sam was an idiot and so was Samantha. I'm pretty sure you'll find somebody better. Come on you're the firework right?'
'Yeah, yeah. Atleast you're okay. But don't you worry Lilz. If that Sam, dares to even lay his eyes on you. I will slap the living daylights outta him'.
Lily lay her head back, putting her feet on the coffee table she replied.
'Oh don't you worry honey, I already did that job'
........
Look at the sass here people. Another chapter up and of course this wouldn't have been possible without the support of you guys. Thanks a bunch people. This one's for... Hmm... Lemme see...thecrazytrippyhippie!!!
Happy Reading :D