Epilogue

'You may kiss the bride', announced the priest, his eyes twinkling like the bluest of seas as he perfectly carries out another wedding in town.

Shane's heart lifts as he steps closer, snakes his arm around her waist and kisses Lily.

They pull away only to find cheers and claps from the audiences, glasses of champagne being distributed and their friends and family beaming ear to ear.

8 years of dating has brought this couple to finally put a ring on it. They started out as two 18 year old who had loved each other since forever yet too shy to actually say it out loud.

Dumb heads.

Every night they quietly send the Lord gratitude for that night.

The night if wonders.

I'd like to call it that.

Chris helped his wife stand, who held her glass in one hand while the other one calmly secured her baby bump.

They clapped and cheered with the others as Shane took Lily's hand in his, looking at her as both their eyes could only speak out one word.

Love.

The audience stood on their toe tips to get a better look at both the bride and groom,showering them with lilies.

Yup, lilies.

They smiled as they walked through the aisle hand in hand. Tom had tears in his eyes and how he wished Sarah was alive to see her baby grow up to be such a wonderful young woman.

Shane's parents, Mr. and Mrs. Killean were also there, clapping and cheering along with Sam, Samantha, Anna, Nikki and Aster.

Jade looked at her brother, and for the first time had tears in her eyes for her lil bro. She couldn't believe her eyes as he walked the aisle with the woman of her dreams, how he'd grown up so fast and to be a fine young, loving, caring man.

Little children would look at the couple in complete awe.

It was all magical.

Until.

'I think my water broke', said Zara.

I see fireworks.
........
'I advice the father to stay inside', said the Nurse.

Chris got up and went inside the hospital ward.

He'd been crying all the way. And he was still shivering.

He didn't know whether that was out of happiness or nervousness.

A baby.

Their baby.

Wow.

Shane and Lily were seated outside with Tom, Chris' parents and Zara's mother.

Lily held Shane's hand as they prayed silently for the health of the baby and the mother.

Tom kept his hand on his little girl's arm to stop her from shaking.

Just like he did when she went to collect her report card from school, every year.

Just like the time when  she got her graduation certificate.

Just like the time when she gave a smashing speech in front of her entire school.

Just like the time when she got enrolled in her college.

Just like the time when she was sitting in her room, earlier this day, looking at her ring, and thinking if all was going to be okay.

'It's gonna be all okay, yeah?', he whispered.

Just like all those times.

But of course she wouldn't stop shaking at that. Her best friends were having a baby.

It's not a small deal man.

Shane hugged her, 'Oye, you're probably shaking more than Zara is right now'

'Shut up', she laughed.

'Lily?'

'Hmm', she asked.

'What if we have a baby?', he asked, looking directly at her.

'What do you mean?'

'Umm... What if you get pregnant and all and we have a baby? What then? Will we change?', he asked, a little sad.

She smiled.

'Maybe. Maybe not. But all I know is that our baby would be a wonderful little bundle of awesomeness. Yeah?', she said.

'Yeah. A bundle of awesomeness', he replied back.

'And hey, we're gonna be amazing parents, don't worry', she whispered.

Her head rested on his shoulder while he nodded.

'You stopped shaking', he said, laughing.

'I saw', she smiled back.

The Nurse came back from the room, her eyes glowing with joy.

'It's a girl!!!', she squealed.

It did not take those guys less than a second to be inside that room.

Zara was holding her kid in her arms as Chris stood beside them.

Still crying.

Lily and Shane went to Chris and  hugged him.

'You're a father, Rodgers. Wow. I can't believe it', whispered Lily.

'Isn't it so weird?!', he replied back.

'Ayy come on! You're gonna be a great parent', Shane said.

He just nodded in response.

'I just hope she's like her mom', he said looking at his wife.

They went over to look at the baby. Wrapped in a little towel, they could make out her little pudgy nose, exactly like Zara.

'Oh my God, hi sweetie!', said Lily cradling the  baby in her arms as Shane tickled her chin.

'What are we gonna name her?', Zara questioned.

'That's completely your choice hon', said Mrs. Ryder.

'Yeah, I agree. It's the parents who should name the new born', said Mr. Rodgers.

'Have you thought of something dear?', asked Tom.

'Actually, I haven't', she admitted, guiltily.

'How about Chara?', said Chris.

'Chara?', asked Lily.

'Wow. That's so cool. A mix of Chris and Zara', said Shane.

'Chara', whispered the mother.

'Chara', whispered the father.

'I love it', they said to each other.

And then they kissed.
.......
Let me stop crying first, thanks.

Dedicated to shauvik2002 because he was very angry that I didn't dedicate one to him.
I still hate you person.

Okay, okay, this book has ended.

Shit.

God.

Save me.

Somebody please.

Wait for my author's note guys.

Once I calm the hell down, I have a lot to say.

For now?

Happy Reading ;D