Chapter 43

'God, I've got a serious neck pain', she whined as she accompanied her boyfriend to the luggage counter.

Zara and Chris had already got their luggage stacked into the cab and were waiting for them.

Lily had quickly grabbed a coffee for that amazing head ache she seemed to have achieved during the flight back home to New York.

And Shane of course had to accompany her. No question.

'It's alright, it'll get better. Here comes our luggage', he said as he eyed their suitcases.

Once they reached him, he plopped them on to a trolley and the pair walked to the exit.

'Here!!', screamed Zara as she spotted them coming out of the busy airport.

They waved back and walked to the already waiting cab.

The four got inside and switched on music.

Full volume and windows down.

Just how they liked it.
.........
'Daddy, I'm home!!', screamed Lily, opening the door to her house which creaked slightly.

Shane followed her inside, his hand in hers.

Tom came out of the kitchen, the spatula still hanging from his hand.

'My baby!', he said, eyes full of warmth. He gave her a hug and a sweet kiss on the forehead.

'How was the trip? Had fun?', he asked, excited.

'That's all good Dad, but I wanted you to meet my boyfriend', she said, her fingers crossed at her side.

'Boyfriend?? Who??'

'Shane Killean', she replied, her eyes glowing. It's pure magic how her face would light up even at the mention of his name.

Shane immediately came forward and held her hand in his.

'Hello sir', he said, almost too formally.

'Umm... Hi..', he replied. He was irritated but he tried to show no signs of that.

Failed.

'Dad, is everything okay?', she asked, worried. She left his hand, momentarily to go to her Dad.

'Lily we need to talk', he said, a visible anger in his voice came forth.

'Sure. Shane, just give us a minute. You can drive to Chris' place, it's just across the street, you know it'

'Yeah, okay. Bye Lilz', he said, kissing her forehead.

As soon as he left, Tom stood up, towering her own figure.

'Dad, what is wrong?', she asked, scared but firm.

'Lily, what have you done? You chose Shane? Shane out of all the lovely people in the world? Don't you remember about the nights you cried about him leaving you? Oh, don't give me that look, I'm your Dad. I knew you used to cry at nights, about him. And now he's your boyfriend! Where did this sudden love come from, huh? Aren't you afraid he might leave you again for another girl?'

She smiled.

'And you are smiling? I thought I knew my daughter', he said.

'And I thought I knew my father too', she bit back.

'What are you blaming me for?', he said, eyes wide in disbelief.

'For not trusting your own blood, Dad. Shane, he is a lovely person. He has loved me for who I am and probably for the longest. He didn't leave me, he tried to, but he didn't. Our friendship, our bond remained the same even though it tried to fade.  Dad, I know you worry about me and I do to. But, this time, I'm sure. He's sure. We both love each other. And if he leaves me again, he just lost a perfect princess'.

She flipped her hair back.

And he hugged her.

'If you're sure, I won't stop you. Go hon, have fun. But come back before 8'

'Dad!!!', she whined.

'Just kidding!', he said raising his arms above his head.

She gave him a quick peck on the cheek, 'Love you'

'I love you too my baby'
........
The four were now in that park.

That same park where a few weeks back all of this started.

The same night sky, and the same old stars, just waiting.

Waiting for someone, something to touch them and sparkle.

And gladly, these four idiots managed to.

Sparkle? No, they created whole fireworks.

Fireworks, which lit up those stars themselves. Fireworks which made you thrive to the music unknown. Fireworks which made you dance till you're alive. Fireworks which made you love till your last breath.

Here, ladies and gentlemen we have a set of four, young, very much in love yet completely empty in the head individuals who've found their fireworks.

Ready to find yours?

Me too.

Someday.....

While Shane held Lily's on fingers in hers and Chris' head rested on Zara's, these stars probably couldn't have asked for more.

And nothing less.

They're just happy to sparkle and watch them glow.
.........
This chapter is way too special for me because today has been a lovely day and yesterday was one of the worst days.

I'm in a weird headspace right now, excuse moi.

All I'm surviving on is soda and anime.

Go figure.

Anyway, this is for voicesattheocean!! I know your birthday is tomorrow but this is my gift for you. I loveeeeee youuuuuuu sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo mucccchhhhhhh baaaaabbbbbbeee!!!!! I don't even know how else to say it. Thanks for pushing me to update and that random hug on that random bad day. Besttt. I don't even remember how I become friends with you but it has been awesome ever since. Dancing on thinking out loud in the middle of the corridor? Check. Creeping out my crush? Check. Random convos and cheesy pickup lines? Check. All in all we rule the world princessessa, end of story. Be happy and keep that gorgeous smile always intact on that goddess face. This is an early birthday wish for two reasons. @my phone is so stupid that it isn't working. b) I won't be awake till 12. c) HAPPY BIRTHDAY LOVE!!!!!! (oops that's three reasons now).  And I shall try to write the epilogue too. Your wish my command. Enjoy tomorrow to the fullest, have a blast and create fireworks!
(sounds so wrong ;p)

You guys? I love you too! Vote and comment and I shall give you a cookie.

A fictional cookie.

A very delicious fictional cookie.

Which has choco chips.

Oh, also, CONGRATULATIONS AditiDureha!!!!!!!!! (claps and cheers like a seal). WOOOOHOOOOO!!!!

Okay guys, bye!

Oh, anddd....

Happy Reading ;D