Chapter 28

Match Results?  18-21 Zara beat him. Girls rule yo. Zara had this smug look on her face while Chris actually looked like his ego just deflated like a balloon.
It was almost 3 o'clock when they finished, and went to the hotel restaurant to grab lunch. Just as Lily opened the door her eyes met Shane's. He came over to greet them.
'Hey, wassup you guys?', he said, smiling. Don't even ask me what Lily's heart was going through. It was doing somersaults, and flips and all that kinda gymnastics. His hair was  tousled in the perfect wave possible and his blue shirt matched the color of his dreamy eyes. Lily was 18 and still hadn't gotten over her one and only crush. Ah, life...
'Would you join us for lunch?', he asked them.
'Yeah, sure', said Zara. They followed him to a table for four, where Chris and Zara made sure that Lily sat with him. They kept smirking, making her blush even more than she already was. How helpful.
'So, what are the plans for today?', said Shane, picking up his knife and fork, ready to dig in.
'Nothing much, we're going to that Underage Camp Out thingy the hotel is organising', said Lily.
'What's that? Sorry, I've been a bit unaware of my surroundings for a while. I don't have quite a lot of friends here and I don't move around the hotel too much.'
'No probs man. Its just this camp out for 18 year olds at the beach. They're gonna set up camps, born fire, a game or two. Dinner will be served at 10 because apparently "teenagers don't get hungry before that"!', said Chris while the other three burst into laughter.
After a while, Chris and Zara excused themselves, giving Lily familiar smiles.
'Do they still think I have a crush on him? God these guys', she mumbled to herself.
'Huh? What was that?', said Shane, confused, but Lily just shook her head.
'You wanna register for the camp right now?', Lily asked instead.
'Umm... Yeah sure. Leggo', he replied, getting up.
'Oi Chris, I'm going with Shane to register for the camp', said Lily, winking.
'Use protection you two', said Zara.
'Dude, that's my dialogue!!', whined Chris.
'Srsly guys?!', Lily and Shane burst out in unison. They looked at each other and started laughing.
Lily grew a bit sad. She missed him so much, all his jokes, all the fun time they had together. She'd never thought he could become one  of those popular playboys at school, he simply didn't fit in. He had his own ideas, he had his own mind. A mind that worked wonders, wonders he didn't know about, wonders he'd never wanna explore, wonders only she'd seen. She became so sad when he stopped talking to her, it's not like they didn't communicate at all, but he just texted her for work.
'Hey, what happened?', said Shane, putting an arm around her shoulder. A jolt went through her body, she hated how he still had that effect on her. How? Why? Things she'd never know.
'Nah. Nothing much', she said.
'You would always say that whenever something happened Lilz. Don't you lie to me', and just as he said those words something exploded in her. She didn't know what it was. Something unexplainable. Happiness? Disbelief?. She just stared at him, she couldn't believe her ears, it seemed.
But before both of them could say anything, they reached the reception.
'Good evening sir, how may I help you?', said Rita.
'Yeah, I wanna register for the underage camp.'
'Sorry, sir there are no vacancies', she said, fiddling with the keys of the computer, oh correction, she was killing them, she was clearly in a bad mood.
Lily immediately spoke, 'Oh he can share the tent with us. There's only three of us. We're registered under Mr. Christian Rodgers'.
The receptionist nodded and added her name.
'Thanks amie', he said  winking.
Lily blushed, 'No probs ass hole', and started laughing.
'Heyyy no fair. I called you amie. And you called me an ass hole', he said pouting.
'Well, it's your fault you forgot to look in the mirror today', she said shrugging.
'Is that so? Have you forgotten that I love soccer? And I can probably run faster than you?', saying this he started chasing her.
Lily ran, laughing, her hair leaving the bonds of her rubber band, falling loose and flying loose in the wind.
Shane eventually caught up with her. He caught her in his huge arms. Lily started flinging her legs about, trying to get out of his hold , which caused both of them to tumble onto the sand, in each other's arms.
Yeah, cough cough, don't put your dirty minds to work cuz nothing like that actually happened. Chris and Zara reached the spot, bad timing.
'Can I be the first to say eww?', said Zara.
They got up, fumbling with their shirts, blushing, embarrassed.
Chris started laughing, 'Awe, you guys are actually blushing. Told you to use protection, I could see some real fireworks going on here'.
That statement actually gained him a slap on the back from Shane and a slap on the head and looks-that-could-kill from Lily.
.......
God. You guys don't know how happy I am. I have 1K reads on this book which is.... A lot... A hell lot. I didn't expect it. But thanks so much guys. It's cuz you've been my inspiration for me. This one's up for Mallika_Sharma. I guess her username changed Mollzie_Valdez. Whatever. Hey sis. I know she's gonna kill me now. Anyway, I really hope you like this one too.
Happy Reading ;D