Chapter 38

'Wanna play a game Z?', asked Chris.
'I'm in', she replied as the breeze danced with her hair, sending chills down her back.

These two had gotten quite bored of dancing and receiving compliments from old couples on how cute they looked or how well they danced. They weren't able to find Lily and Shane and assuming that they had made their way to the room, they too planned on getting out of the place.

The back door of the hall lead to this long balcony, creating a perimeter to the lavish ball room inside. Pots of lavender and honeysuckle garnished the place with fairylights on the railing.

It all seemed pretty. Let's make it more beautiful.

Chris took out his coat and handed it to Zara which she profusely refused, considering the chances of him getting a cold were higher than hers. Seeing no choice he made her wear it forcefully and smiled when she cuddled to its overlong arms like her life depended on it.

She'd always hide her troubles, and he wanted to make them his.

'What?', she asked when she caught him staring at her. 'Is this something on my face?'
'No... Nothing. Shall we continue with the game?', he said, guilty.
'Chris, we hadn't started playing yet. I don't even know what the game is. Care to share?'
'21 Dares', he said smirking, he knew how much she feared the game.
'Chris!! Please no. You know how much I'm scared of it'
'Pretty please! Just once. For me?'
Zara couldn't do anything now, her love for her best friend took over her fear as she reluctantly agreed to play the game.
'1,2,3', he started
'4,5,6', she followed
'7,8,9'
'10,11,12',
'13, 14, 15'
'16', she said
'17, 18, 19', he said, his eyes opening in realisation as she spoke out.
'20', sucks to be Christian Rodgers I suppose.
'Whatever, what do you want me to do?'

'Take this bottle of water and calmly throw it, water and all on that old guy's head', she said, handling him a 1 litre bottle of water and pointing towards this guard standing in front of the hall.
'That's so wicked. I can't do that. Come on', he said
'Dare is a dare, Rodgers. You have to do it. No choice', Zara replied, shrugging her shoulders
'Fine', he snapped, snatching the bottle from her hands. 'But you, woman, you wait and watch. I'm gonna give you the worst dares today'

He walked away, a goal in his eyes, a beat in his heart. Yeah, I make it sound do good, actually he was shit scared. That beat? He actually was dying inside. And that goal? He wished it wouldn't get fulfilled...

Calmly walking over to the gentleman sitting with a beer in his hand and talking to a young lady, he taped on his shoulder twice,'Excuse me?'

No response

He taped again. Only to be greeted by a 'What do ya want laddie?'.

'Nothing sir, I hope you're having a wonderful evening. I'm here to shower you. Won't take much time of yours, I assure you', saying this, he slowly tipped the one litre bottle on his bald head. His face went red with anger and he clenched his fists as Chris ran as fast his feet would take him. Grabbing Zara by the hand, they ran to the other end of the hall, trying to hide behind a tall plant, their bodies stuck to each other, giggles on their scared faces. They could hear the guy screaming, but the voice drained out and after making sure he was gone, they breathed.

Zara realized how close they were actually standing and moved away, blushing.

'Dude, why did you have to give me such a task? You're so craazzy sometimes', he asked, trying to hide the red tint on his cheeks too

'You don't know how that creep was staring at me', she replied, taking offence. 'Anyway, lets see who wins next Rodgers'. Chris grinned,'Bring it on'

Whom do you think won? Of course it was the firework, duh.

'I am seriously sorry Chris, please don't make me do dumb stuff. Please', she prayed. 'Yeah, yeah, as if. Lets see what i have in store for you Z', he said winking.

Zara closed her eyes even though she knew that her prayers won't be answered, at least today. 'I dare you Zara Ryder to sing your favorite Disney song, on stage, in front of the crowd'

'Nooooooooo', she whined. 'Chris, please don't make me do this! What did I ever do to you?!'. Chris grinned,'Well, for starters, destroyed a lovely evening for a poor old man (at which she started to say how big of a creep he was but Chris shusshed her, yeah, teens I tell you) and made me do something I didn't absolutely want to do. In the words of someone stupid also known as a certain Zara Ryder, "A dare is a dare Rodgers, you have to do it, no choice", so how's that?

Zara had turned ridiculously annoyed and was now totally determined to complete this dare, she stormed off towards the hall entrance, eyes full of motive and her heels strutting alongside. She excused herself from a few couples, still dancing to the beat of a 90's romantic song. She went on stage and took hold of the mike from a very confused emcee. She told herself it was gonna go amazing before speaking.

'Good evening ladies and gentlemen. I seek for your kind attention as I, Zara, proceed to sing one of my favorite Disney songs, Mickey Mouse. Hope you enjoy', and she sang.

'M.I.C.K.E.Y.....M.O.U.S.E, its the Mickey Mouse, Clubhouse. Come inside, its fun inside'

Surprisingly, the crowds cheered and raised their hands up, giving her more confidence. Some even started dancing to her tune. Everyone clapped as she finished her song and she smiled towards the audience,'THANKYOU!!'

She bowed, handed the mike to the bewildered emcee and walked down the stairs, grinning at a Chris, whose mouth was open in amazement. Patiently she went over to him, grinning.

'How's that?'

Chris laughed and replied,'My chance?' and before she could reply, went on stage.

'Hope you enjoyed that lovely song by my friend there', he spoke into the mike, and the crowd hooted. 'I shall now recite one of my poems', he smiled towards Zara

'For you'

...................

FINALLY AN UPDATE!!!!!!! I'M SO MUCH MORE EXCITED THAN ALL YOU GUYS CUZ YOU'VE GOT NO IDEA WHAT THE HELL IS HAPPENING. I JUST DIED.

ANYWAY, #CHRIZARA IS.....DON'T EVEN HAVE WORDS FOR THEM.

THIS ONE'S FOR Halfbloodfourtris. BELATED HAPPY BIRTHDAY LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! KILL ME CUZ I DIDN'T REMEMBER B4. YES I GIVE YOU FULL RIGHT. (but who's gonna write the chapter then?). IK I COULDN'T POSSIBLY GIFT WRAP THIS CHAPTER FOR YOU BUT I HOPE YOU LOVE IT.

Happy Reading ;D