Chapter 37

Lily ran through the corridor, her bag in her hand, her head bobbing at every turn.
She'd ran about 4 floors, checked every classroom and there was no sign of him.
'Where the hell is he?!', she thought, angry yet scared.

Finally she heard someone whistling, in front of the boys washroom.
She said, 'Shane, are you in there?'
The whistling stopped, 'Yup, who's there?'
He came out of the washroom, a smile playing on his lips.

'It's Lily, you idiot. I've been searching for you in this whole bloody school and you calmly sit here whistling. It's eight, the fete is over, don't you wanna go home?! I was so worried and..'
Shane enveloped her into his arms, and she exhaled into them, surprised that she was holding her breath.

The world seemed better in his arms.

'You know I'm not gonna leave you, stop worrying for me', he mumbled.
'Yeah, sorry. I'm dumb. You know me'
'Enough to last me a lifetime', he said rolling his eyes
'Shutup'
.................

Emotions, loads and loads of emotions flooded penetrated Lily's heart.

Anger. Disbelief. Happiness. Fear.

A tear dropped down her face but Shane immediately wiped it and hugged her.
'Don't cry, please Lily. I swear I will break. Give me a chance to explain', he whispered, his head resting on hers.

When she nodded he continued, his arms around her and his eyes locked in hers.
'I was pretty messed up in life. I was always this boy who could be easily influenced by his friends. And my friends? They were all these cool dudes of the school. Then, I met you. And you, Lily, you were a flower in a barren island like me. You understood me like no other. I was happy with you, I'd never know how. You were magic. And I fell for you. Oh boy, I fell hard and fast. Minutes seem to fly past quicker than I wanted when I was around you but I didn't care.

'But then, my friends started observing my behaviour and they figured it out pretty soon. I convinced them that I didn't like you and they bought it and all these years I've been playing along. I feared loving you, forgive me. I feared my friends, I gave them more power than my love for you. So, I left you. I didn't speak to you, maybe an occasional hello or a head nod. Pretended that I didn't know you, and it left me broken every time you used to walk away. Life chipped away from me, but I couldn't lessen my love for you. All those years Lily, all those years. Would you help me, one last time amie?'

Lily didn't know what to say, tears kept flowing down her cheeks.
'Lily, say something', he said desperately.

She wiped her tears, 'My mother passed away when I was very young. I'd stopped living because I had lost what I loved dearest. I thought seventh grade is going to be the same, I was much mistaken. First day of school, a guy entered, I had seen him once or twice. One of those irritating play boys at school. Those eyes, they had a different sparkle to them. Fate had something else in mind and we became bench mates.

'I didn't really know what was so different about him. He understood me, still does. He inspires me, still does. He surprises me, still does. And I fell in love. And I'm still falling for him. After all these years, never did I expect him to feel the same way. Shane Killean, you asked for help right? Here you go'

Saying this, she kissed him, taking him by surprise. But soon he matched the  rhythm to her lips. It was all too magical. Isn't it always?
The fireworks had started, inside both their bodies ran a music far too strong and their veins thrived to it.
A love kept far too long inside its cage, free.

They broke off, smiling at each other. They were quiet for some time, deciding if all this was just a dream and hoping every second it wasn't.

Shane grinned, 'Wow. Okay. You liked me in eighth grade too?'
Lily hit him on the shoulder, 'That's the only thing you can think about right now? It's my feelings I just uttered in front of you!'
'Yeah..... I mean.... I can't believe you'
'What? Why?'
'Look at me man, I look a fudging walrus. I thought you had standards Young',he said shaking his head.
'Yeah I know, I'm judging myself so much right now',she replied laughing.
'Heyy, don't say that! I'm not that bad',he pouted.
'You look very cute right now Killean'
'Bitch, I'm always cute', he said lifting his collars.
'Dude, no. Sam is wayyyyy hotter. Come on', she said teasingly.
'Eww. He looks like a horse. Poor Samantha'. But then he grew silent. 'I wish I'd told you before Lily.'
'Yeah same. Everyone in the batch knew that we have a crush on each other. Even Jade knew. But I'm dumb, you know me'
'Enough to last me a lifetime', he grinned and pulled her closer.
'Shut up'

The sun seemed to rise spreading its streaming colors on the watery blue ocean.

'One last thing Killean'. She plucked a small stem from a nearby plant, made a little ring.
Holding it in her hand, and getting down on one knee, ladies and gentleman Lily Young asked Shane Killean, 'Would you be my boyfriend Shane?'
'But shouldn't I suppose to do that... I mean..the guy.... '
'Why do you plan to ruin every bad moment here Shane? I don't even know why I love you so much'
'You look very hot when you're angry', he said making her blush. Then he proceeded to sit down, take Lily's ring and make her wear it herself, 'I would kill to be your boyfriend.
'And I love you more', he whispered into her ear as morning set in.
...............
Wow. Okay, I can't believe I wrote that. Congratulations people, #Shaley rules.
Our ship had sailed pirates.
Second of all, I request you all to take a minute of silence as I just updated, I mean, usually I'm so bad at publishing chapters on time but look at me now!!
Two updates in two days!!!
(Brain:stop basking in your glory man, it's not a world record
Me:Will you ever shut up?!
Brain:No)
I'm very very happy. But, the next chap is gonna be all about #chrizara, let's see if that ship sailed (or not)
This one's for thecrazytrippyhippie.
Dude, you awesome.
So OKs, until next time, I shall return.
Happy Reading ;D