Chapter 17

Lily looked as she was Stunned, rooted at the stop she continued to gaze at his eyes. He kept singing for her, looking at her and all she could do, at that beautiful moment, was to be awestruck.
Almost forgot, you guys don't know who Sam Williams is right?
Sam, hmm, where should I start. Extremely nerdy, extremely cute. Amazing at maths, loves english songs, worst handwriting as ever possible and hated Shane.
Yeah. That's precisely how they became friends. They both hated Shane. Yeah, even you have to agree, all guys aren't God gifted, and Shane, ha, not even remotely.
Sam joined Lily's school in 7th grade, they both became good friends and yeah..
Sam had left school after 'The incident', he was much too embarrassed, you see. But there he was, singing on stage, for her.
He finished with the song, bowed and gave a smile to Lily which she gladly returned. She walked to him, apparently her feet had gained life again, and hugged him.
'I missed you. And I also hate you for leaving school, but wow, wow, you have changed a lot man! No more of those glasses and you got off your braces!', she exclaimed.
'Well, what can I say? Time does those things to people, change them you know, make them better, I hope', he said sadly.
'Hey, it's fine, we were kids, all is long forgotten and forgiven', she said comfortingly. 'Come over, Chris and Zara are here too'. She lead him towards there tiny corner in the middle of the sea of people sitting surrounded by the fire. She momentarily caught Shane staring at them. 'Wait, do my eyes deceive me or is he jealous? Nah, Lilz, You're probably mistaken, this is Shane Killean we are talking about', Lily told herself.
Chris and Zara got up, each giving Sam a hug.
'How are you?', said Chris, slapping him on the back. 'Long time no see, huh?'
Sam looked at his feet, sheepishly, 'Ya. I guess'
They talked for a while. Lily gathered that Sam had moved to California and started his own band. He travelled to other countries to perform sometimes.
'I'm feeling a bit too sleepy. You guys carry on', said Zara.
She started walking towards their room, a little too clumsily.
'I'll go with her, just in case. Have fun you guys, nice meeting you Sam', Chris said before departing too.
The bonfire was now dimly lit. A few clubs of people were left, some were asleep. Lily spotted Shane, around a corner, chugging in couple of beers with some dudes. He caught her eye but she looked away. The morning was around the block, the air smelt summery, the sea in the distance, infuriating with waves over the silent sands.
They walked around the beach and talked for a while. Reliving all those cherished memories.
'Remember how once Ally was sleeping in break and you stuck a pencil in her nose?', said Lily, laughing.
'Oh yeah! And then she woke up in biology with that pencil in her nose and the teacher was so stunned. Do you remember that time when we were playing Truth and Dare, and Miles told everyone Violet's secret. She cried so much but she was a bitch', said Sam
They walked in silence. Suddenly Lily could feel him staring at her.
'What?', she asked.
'Whatever you say Lily, one thing is for sure, I've never been able to forget you. Your eyes, your hair, your everything', and saying this he leaned into a kiss.
.......