Chapter 21

Lily caught a glimpse of Sam, blushing and grinning, before the lift door closed and she was left alone with her thoughts.
She knew she couldn't cling on to the happy memories with Shane and dwell on them. She had to move forward. He doesn't remember her for who she is so there isn't any point of her sobbing over him, is there? She knew, deep down, that she had made the right choice of liking Sam.
The elevator opened and she walked to her room, tapping her feet to the rhythm her heart had picked up. She opened the door to find Zara sprawled on the bed, the TV blaring some world news, while she held her phone in one hand, and smiling.
'Wow..Someone's happy!', said Lily, shutting the door.
'You're back!!', Zara grinned and gave her a hug. Ahh. The old Zara had returned. Lily loved her so much and couldn't bear the idea of losing her awesome, funny, wierd yet beautifully crazy side. Zara didn't need guys to put an icing on the perfect cake that she was.
'Look at these, I found some old photos of us!', Zara said leaning back to retrieve her phone and showing them to Lily.
She swiped it open to be greeted by a photo of Lily and Chris, both of them barely five years old, they were partners in a dance on Annual Day at school.
Then they saw a photo of Martin's birthday, they were all putting cake on his face. She swiped it again to a photo where Zara was sitting in the middle, Chris' head on one of shoulder and Lily's head on her other one, Chris and Lily looking kinda sleepy, but Zara was grinning ear to ear.
They looked at photos for a long time, refreshing old memories, laughing, crying, until they were too tired. Lily suddenly realised the absence of Chris. She asked Zara about it.
'He's gone with Jade and Samantha. Maybe clubbing or something', said Zara.
'Hmm. So why didn't you go with them?'
'I have a little tummy ache so I didn't feel like it. Also, you haven't told me how your evening went with Sam', Zara raised her eyebrow in pretence to tease her. Mission accomplished. Lily blushed when she thought about last night. And so she started off telling Zara everything.
Zara kept throwing comments like, 'Aww. How cute!!', and 'You're so adorable together' but fighting through those comments, Lily managed to tell her the whole story. After which Zara kept thinking about their ship name.
It was about three in the morning. Lily made two hot mugs of coffee and pulled Zara out of bed, after which they proceeded to the balcony. It was still a bit dark and moon shone brightly, yet no stars were out. The trees seemed to be enjoying themselves with the cool breeze that was blowing. Not many people were out. There was a couple, walking around the swimming pool, their faces weren't exactly visible. And then there was this guy who was cleaning the pool.
They drank their coffee in silence listening to the sound of the waves. Peace. Peace made Lily remember the scuba diving trip. And Shane.
And that pearl he gave her. It's still tucked inside one of her socks.
Lily couldn't handle all the feelings flooding through and nor did she want to think about Shane. She had a new life now. A new guy. And she was sure Sam would treat her better. Or would he?
They went inside and started playing Atlas. There was a tap on the door. Lily opened it to find Chris kissing Samantha.
'I'll see you tomorrow, yeah? Miss me!', Samantha said.
Whoa. What was that?
As if reading Lily's thoughts Chris triumphantly came into the room to announce.
'I have my first girlfriend. Samantha Chase'
.........
Took me time to update this chapter. Not anything interesting but have fun. This one's for Halfbloodfourtris. Thanks so much for encouraging me every single day to write more. Love ya.
So another one up. Leave comments, few votes if you like it. Criticism is always welcome.
Happy reading :D