Chapter 10

The color seemed to fade from Chris' face as Zara's left those words, scarring him. Lily couldn't believe it as well. She had never thought that this vacay could go any worse. She was happy for sometime and then received shocks the next minute. She couldn't even imagine what Chris was going through at this point.
Zara kept muttering how she "had the time of her life" and she could never forget it, but both of them weren't listening at all, just staring at each other with shock.
'What's wrong with you guys?', asked Zara after seeing the horrified looks on their faces.
'We just couldn't believe that you would do something like that', said Chris replied, there was a slight amount of sadness in his voice. He walked off towards the hallway, banging the door on his way. Lily had never seen him like that.
Lily tried to pretend that everything was okay, and asked Zara questions about the guy which diverted her mind from Chris' reaction.
She learnt that his name was Patrick, he played guitar in a band, and sometimes made music.
Zara described, 'Oh Lily, it was wonderful. He has such a beautiful face, carved by angles, I must say'.
Lily listened carefully to all this but her mind was also diverting to Chris.
She didn't know where he had gone.
After Zara was done talking about her amazing experience last night, Lily, in turn, told her about her "wonderful" meeting with her past crush.
Zara's lips made an 'O' as she narrated the part where he refused to know her. This all seemed like a movie now...long lost crush doesn't know her...best friend has a crush on his best friend.
Lily was getting a headache. First Shane, then Chris, now Zara. Hopefully she could get a piece of mind somewhere.
Zara grabbed her Pj's and a baggy SpongeBob t-shirt, changed and went under the covers,hugging Patrick's t-shirt, probably remembering last night.
It was almost 3 in the morning now, Lily made herself a hot cup of coffee. Leaning along the balcony, she sipped it gently, not wanting to burn her lips.
She saw Shane, he was clutching his head. He seemed frustrated and talking in serious tones with his sister Jade.
Jade Killean wasn't one of those girls- no lip gloss, shrill voice. Nup that wasn't her style. She was cool in her own way. Like Lily she loved Harry Potter to death, listened to pop music, especially Taylor Swift and was real good at art. It surprised people how different both the siblings were. Shane used to be like her,he used to talk about life as if he was living it again, his views used to be so deep, and that was the Shane Lily felt in love with.
Now he was just one of those people with a stud in one ear, a beer in one hand and a girl in another. Ah.. Times do change my friend, and sadly they were.
Suddenly there was a knock on the door. Lily went inside, kept her coffee on a side table and went to open it only to find Chris in the most drunken state ever with a police officer. He laid him on the bed. He was murmers were undistinguishable. But Lily knew they were about Zara. She sighed.
'If only she knew how much he loves her. If only... '