Chapter 41

Chris silently snaked his arm around her waist as Zara rested her head on his shoulder.

The sun was setting in a distance while both their feet bathed in the calm waters of the sea nearby.

Sitting cross legged, the pair joked about that night.

The night.

Their night.

Chris blushed ever so slightly as he remembered him being so nervous to go up on stage and thankful to his being as well that he actually did what he'd always wanted to.

That poem had been crumpled up into a ball of nothingness after he wrote it in ninth grade, never to be opened again.

Or maybe that's what he thought.

And Zara laughed seeing her boyfriend blush, her cheeks glowing yellow and her eyes greener than they'd ever been.

Chris would imagine how angels laughed. Luckily he had his own.

And the most beautiful one, no question.

He stared onto her eyes, as her eyebrows knitted together in a frown.

'Is there something on my face?', she asked, trying to wipe it.

He shook his head, smiling, 'No love, I'm just too captivated in your beauty'

Zara hit him on the head as he teased her, 'Too cheesy.. Huh?'

'Never more than you Z. The amount of rom-coms you see, ugh. I'm so sick of them'

'Is that so? And who was the one who asked for the tissues on Friday night when we were watching The Notebook?'

'Definitely not me', he said shrugging his shoulders.

'Yeah, of course. Mr. Christian Rodgers. Rough and tough and yet is and I quote, "captivated in your beauty". Nice'

'I love it when you quote me', he said grinning.

'As if'

'Okay, okay, don't get mad now. You know I love you'

'Oh really?', she said, raising her eyebrows.

'I'll buy you an ice cream. Promise'

'Okay then', she said clapping her hands in excitement as he laughed.

'Oh Shit, I almost forgot'

'What?', she asked, eyes sparkling.

'Would you go out in a date with me?', he said, sheepishly, presenting a small red rose.

Zara laughed, accepting the rose.
'Christian Rodgers, you don't forget things like that. And of course I'll go on a date with you'

'That's why I love you so much', he said kissing her forehead.
...........
Lily fumbled around for her purple earrings. She cursed as she looked around in her pouch, her room already in a mess. Finally finding them under the bed (don't ask me how it got there), she plopped them onto her ears.

Finally ready. Wow, this was an accomplishment.

She'd changed from a casual tee and denims to a crop top and a short skirt to a blue dress with purple boots.

Indecisive, as always.

She checked herself in the mirror, twice more, still frowning at the choice of boots.

While she pondered on whether to change again, Shane's voice came clear through the next room.

'Dude, you done? You've changed like forty times. I'm seriously bored and I've probably broken my high score in Temple Run a thousand times'