Chapter 34

Finally they reached back to the hotel through the bumpy ride but with stomachs full of loaded burgers and smiles evident on the faces of every teenager present on that bus.
An air of excitement bubbled out of every conversation.

Lily opened her window, cool air rushing into her hair and painting her cheeks red.

'Oye, why so serious', asked Shane. He was sitting next to her in the bus, munching on fries.
'Nothing'

Shane wrapped up his fries, hugging her side ways, 'Don't give me the nothing bullshit amie. When I know that something is up, something is definitely up'

Lily smiled and rested her head on his shoulder. 'I was having so much fun. I don't want this to end', she lied
'Same man. Same', he said nodding.

'Shane?', she asked
'Mm hmm?'
Lily looked up, 'Do you miss the old days?'
Shane laughed, 'Boy, you don't have any idea right? I really really miss the old days. The old hangouts, me copying your French work, beating up Krusty'
'Krusty! God that pain in the ass', she laughed. 'And madame Vesta, she almost always scolded you for French'
'Man, I hated that mad woman. You used to always get those cute pink stars in your projects. Me? The moment I walked in class, her nose used to go up like "that kid again!". Thank the Gods that she left school'

'Yeah. Oh do you remember Peter? You're somewhat best friend. You used to tease me so much. God'
It was Shane's turn to laugh now, 'You used to stare at him all day'
'Didn't'
'Did'
'Yeah, a little. He was pretty hot, okay?!', she protested, clearly lost.
'Joke of the century. I'm so much better than him', said Shane, lifting his collars.
'As if', she lied again.

As soon as the bus stopped, they shuffled out, ready to crash out for the day.
The tired souls made way to the lift. Chris distracted Shane while Zara caught up to Lily, grinning ear to ear.

'You guys looked so cute together', she fan girled.
'Here we go again. Zara Ryder, nothing is going to happen. He doesn't like me and I don't either'
'The whole world knows that ain't true. You guys are so into each other. Looking into each others eyes, understanding each other so well. Awwwww. Lily Young, admit or not but you definitely still have a crush on him'
'Yeah. Whatever. I mea..', but Lily couldn't say anymore as her best friend started shrieking on top of her lungs.
'I KNEW IT. I KNEW IT. YAYAYAYAYAYYY'
Lily put her hand in front of her mouth, 'Dude, would you keep it down?! I don't want the President to know?!'
Zara laughed and hugged her best friend, 'I know it'll take time, but Shaley will come true'
Lily smiled and shook her head, 'You guys'
..........
The bright sun shone through the glass windows, directly reflecting on Chris' face.
'WHO SWITCHED ON THE LIGHT MAN'

He could hear laughter and then a pillow struck him right on his torso. 'Wake up Sleeping Beauty. It's like 10 am', he could hear Zara say.

'Aww man. I'm sleepy', he pouted. 'Can we quit breakfast today? Pleaseeee'

Lily immediately looked up from reading her magazine, 'Oh no. Food is bae. I can't have this'

Chris got up, a scowl on his face, 'Fine. I hate you guys'
Lily laughed, 'Yeah, we love you too. The bathroom is on the right'

After about 30 minutes, they were out and ready for the food.
'Finally!', Lily said, entering the restaurant, enveloped into the smell of frying barbecue.
But when her eyes scanned the room, something else caught her attention. On every table was a red rose and a beautiful pink letter.
She saw Shane sitting on one of the them, calmly eating a bowl of cereal.
'He's alone, should we...'
'You go ahead, we'll join ya later', said Zara

Lily walked to the table, pulling her shirt a bit, pushing a stray curl or two behind her ear.

Wait, what am I doing. Shit. Am I so self conscious with him around?!?!

'Hey amie', he got up to give her hug. 'Come, sit down. You aren't eating today?'

Lily shook her head, 'It's not that. Food is bae but you were sitting alone and I was just wondering what's that link letter about'

'Oh, I didn't see that there', he said opening it for both of them to read.

As their eyes scanned the letter, they grew big as basketballs.
The both of them looked at each other.
'WHAT?!'
..........
HELLO, to the people of the world. Yes, I've updated cuz of my very dear friends who would practically scream on me and I would practically forget every time I came home from school.
Yeah................ I'm dumb........
Any way, this one's for saishaheart13. Love you man.

Hit the votes and comments whenever you like, spread some love around, the world needs some of that.

Until next time,
Happy Reading ;D