Chapter 15

'Okay kids, now we reach the water section. Be careful of what you touch. There are many different animals and plants....
Ms. Casey had taken them to an animal and plant museum. They all walked with their partners in two lines. Chris and Zara chattered on continuously. Shane kept quiet most of the time.
Suddenly he said, 'Hey Lily. Can I show you something?'
Lily stared at him. She thought for a while and then replied, 'Ya. Sure.'
He lead her the way to the farthest point in the section. A banner on their right said "Try to touch"
Shane put his hand in and pulled out a frog and quietly placed it on Lily's head when she was admiring a smaller fish.
'Lily, I think you got something on your head'
Lily's hand reached out for her head and pulled out the frog by his leg.
She shrieked and Shane laughed while she threw the frog on someone else. And that's how the whole class involved itself in a not-very-enjoyable-yet-very-laughable game of "Frog throwing"
'What is this ruckus about, May I know?? ', shouted Ms. Casey.
Pin drop silence.
'Ma'am Lily threw a frog at Brute and so everybody started throwing it on each other', said Violet
'Thankyou Violet but I would like to know where is the poor thing now. Chris promptly took out the "poor thing" from his head and gave it to the teacher who in fling made it land straight to the pool.
'Now, may I call Ms. Young with me. Your parents on Monday morning and detention this afternoon'
Lily stamped on Shane's foot before leaving with her teacher.
.......
Lily was the last person to get on. She jumped in, and became very irritated to find that the only seat empty was with Shane.
She sat down, not even glancing at him.
The bus lurched forward and they started off.
'Listen, Lily, I'm very sorry..'
'Ya, of course you are sorry now, because, lemme guess, I'm the one whose getting detention right? Not you. So of course you're sorry and... '
Shane took out an oyster from his bag, and placed it on her lap. ' Take a look, Lily'
Lily opened it, still quite stunned with the gesture and was amazed to find a beautiful pink pearl, sitting there with ease.
'Pearls for the precious'
......
They all jumped out of the van, all through the journey Lily had been thinking about the water museum incident, smiling and clutching the oyster.
She would not believe that Shane did not remember her, it was not possible.
They reached into the lobby and parted ways. Lily told the other how Shane had presented her a pearl.
Zara lay on the bed, flat on the back, thinking. Chris made some good coffee, handing the three mugs, he too contemplated the situation.
'So, guys what do you think??', said Lily impatiently.
'I don't know man. He's been a bit wierd to you and all', said Chris rationally.
'That doesn't mean I'm not gonna try. I'm gonna make him remember me!',said Lily
Chris' words didn't exactly make her confident but they had a good laugh.
'You go girl'
......
Finally the 15th chapter!!! Hope you guys like it... Fingers crossed.. Shout out to gryffinpuff13. Thanks for joining wattpad. Love you so much.