Chapter 36

Girls and time, they don't do cooperation. Sorry.

As cliché as it sounds, girls almost always take a hell of a long time to find the perfect outfit, search for a pair of heels to match with it, dab some makeup, make sure they've got every requirement even if it has to be stuffed inside that already full clutch and finally make way to the place.

Yeah that is what was happening.
Chris and Shane waited in the trio's room as Zara and Lily changed.

'I wish we could just go with each other to the ball as dance partners', joked Chris.
'You don't know how many times I've thought about that', laughed Shane.
'Don't you dare', came the voices of both the girls from the washrooms.
'Sorry', replied the both of them, raising their hands and sticking out their tongue.

'Okay fine, I'm coming out. And if you laugh, I will murder the both of you', said Zara after a while.
The boys grew quiet, pausing on their current conversation of soccer.

'That is if you actually come out of the damned washroom', said Chris but was immediately left speechless as her partner opened the door and walked out in her purple gown.
Her hair was flowing down in curls, now a little longer than the usual boy cut.
She walked out in her stunning black heels, increasing her otherwise petite height.

'So..... What do you think?', she said, grinning ear to ear.
'Umm.... Zara..... you look absolutely stunning.....', blushed Chris.
'Is that really you or have you been abducted by an alien?', said Shane, amazed.
Zara laughed, 'Thank!'
'Where's the S?', asked Chris
'You'll get that later', she replied winking, on which he rolled his eyes.

Lily came out minutes later, her straight hair pulled up into a messy bun, strands falling from the sides of her face, she wore a blue gown with nude heels.
A small pendent hung around her neck from which dangled a single pink pearl.
The pink pearl.
'Wow single lady! You aren't gonna be single after today, wink wink', said Chris, gesturing towards Shane, who stood there rooted to the spot, his mouth hanging open.

Lily came forward and gently closed her mouth, waking him up from his dream, 'You don't want flies getting in there'
'Lily..... You look gorgeous', he said, still staring. 'Anyway let's get going, we're already late and I'm hungry', he tried diverting the topic.
'When are you not hungry?!', said Zara
'Neva sweetheart!', he said grinning causing her to roll her eyes.

They went down the lift and into the lobby, glad to meet Rita.
'Good evening! How may I help you guys, again'
'We need to know where the ball is being organised', said Chris.

'Ah, why didn't I guess. First of all, you guys look amazing. Second, you take the corridor to the right, with the spooky lights and everything (I told them to take off the lights, but would they listen to me?! Of course not) and at the end you'll find a large glass double door, which is the hall. Voila'
'Thanks Rita', beamed all of them.
'Always happy to help', she replied.

They followed the long corridor with "spooky" lights and indeed were greeted by the hall.
Shane offered his hand to Lily, 'May I have this dance amie?'
'Yes, you may', she replied, taking it.

His right hand in Zara's left, Chris opened the door.
Music boomed from the speakers and couples thrived at every corner of the hall, laughing and dancing.

Shane led Lily to the dance floor, taking his hand in hers and putting the other on her waist. Lily kept her left hand on his shoulder and they danced to the music.
'Mr. Killean, I thought you didn't have the moves', said Lily.
'I know, but Youtube is awesome so', he grinned.
'You're quite good at it, I must say', laughed Lily.
'All thanks to you amie. And the eighth grade waltz practices'
'Oh yeah!! Remember? Sports day used to be such a pain in the ass'

The evening went on, they talked, they danced and chugged in a beer or two.

Suddenly after some time, Lily turned her head towards the hall, 'Shane, can we go out? I don't want to stay here any longer and I can't see Chris and Zara either'
Shane scanned the hall,' Ya you're right, it's pretty late, they've probably gone. Wanna talk a walk with me?'
'Yeah sure!', holding his hand.

They walked outside the hall from the hall, leading them directly in front of the shore.
Shane broke the silence, 'Lily I need to tell you something'
'Yeah me too', Lily said before she could stop herself.
'Can I go first?', he requested. 'It took me a lot of time to actually believe this fact and I can't keep it with me any longer'
'Okay.... Go ahead'
He inhaled and exhaled.
'I'm in love with you Lily Young. I've been in love with you all those years but you need to hear me out'
..........
WHAT. JUST. HAPPENED.
Another update, I can hear my people say finally.
Yes, I've kept you in a very long wait.
I'm going to be a bit irregular with my updates cuz my phone isn't with me half the time.
So yeah.... Here's it.
I can't wait to write the next one!!
This one's for Icycake16.
Have fun guys
Happy Reading ;D