Chapter 3

It was 7 in the morning and there was no amount of telling the pair of father and daughter to shut up because football was on. It was Germany vs Italy, the legends against each other. Lily had got her face painted in the colours of the Bavarians like a true fan but only her dear daddy knew that she looked as if she accidentally tripped in three bottles of paint that morning. Accompanied by a cup of tea and bread with eggs, Tom slouched in the living room along one of the sofas supporting his daughter's team because he was well aware of the wrath of an eighteen year old watching a match as if her life depended on it.
'Both the teams shake on it and in a few moments time we will have the team going to the finals. Buffon and Neur, both brilliant goalkeepers and have kept a clean sheet throughout this wonderful tournament' boomed the speakers.
Lily never listened to the commentary, she thought of it as sheer waste of voice and good mikes. All she had in mind was the ball. She could literally break the TV and kick the ball herself and her father won't be a tad bit surprised. Half time comes along and it's nil for both the teams. Her phone immediately buzzed with a new message. Chris again.
'Watching the match Young?' he texted and Lily could almost see his smirk. 'Well, ofc dumbass. German's are gonna take hold of the cup yet again and you are gonna be left with an open mouth in front of your TV!'
'Not a chance Lilz. Buffon is in full form. No ball is gonna pass through those hands if you ask me. Italy has never lost a match to your dearie ones'.
'Well then today is gonna be day in history, me amigo' with that parting reply she went back to watch the match like a hawk.
'90 minutes are just going to end my friends and none of the teams have had a shot to the goal both the teams are as tight as a flock of birds lost in a jungle. I must say Defences are real good today. And there's Khedira to Boaeting. Good pass and the ball to Thomas Muller. Real good attacking. Yes and it's Gomez and Goal!!!! ' Lily jumps up from the sofa, her chip packet flying straight to the floor but does she care? Of course not! Not a question, no chance. Germany has just scored a goal in the last minute making them straight to the finals. And she dances around the living room, hugging her daddy and dancing around with him. Shouting at the top of her lungs till her body breaks down with no energy. And she resumes her spot as if nothing changed and the match ends with Germany winning it making her day a lot worthwhile.
She completes her homework she got from school and flips open her phone to check what is up. It's 4, what do I do next?she thought. Her phone started ringing and the caller id mentioned it to be Zara. She answered it saying, 'Hey what's up?'
'Hey! I was really bored! Can I come over?'
'Are you sick or been abducted by an alien recently because as far as my mind would take me, Zara, when have you ever asked?' a confused Lily said but was also smiling . They both had an amazing time together whenever they met.
'Okay. Thanks', Zara replied and in 5 minutes the doorbell rang.
'Moi amie!!' Lily had opted for French as a third language for three years. Clearly helpful. She hugged her best friend and lead her to her room. They talked for a while. How were classes going and every other stuff they could possibly think of. 'How's Gale?' said Lily
'He's okay. But I don't know. I might be having second thoughts on this relationship'
'Why?' Lily felt hungry so she bit into her chip.
'Its hard to explain. You know, when you are in a relationship, you expect some response. I feel like there's only me in this one. Most of the time, he's just sitting in the corner of the class. And when I come along to sit beside him he tells me to mind my own business'
'Oh boy, do you want me to get ice cream, we can watch romcom and have fun. Cry it out. It's fine',Lily tried consoling
'Nah. That's fine' said Zara flicking her hand. 'I don't need guys. I have my girl with me right here. And he's a jerk. Also bring the ice cream please, choco chip if that's available. I'm really hungry'.
Lily hugged her friend,'Okay'.
Zara was one of the tough ones. She didn't give a shit about guys. She was independent and quite awesome all by herself.
The two ladies spent the evening talking and watching movies. They tried doing the essay by Mr. Chase. Halfway through Lily asked, 'Hey, what's the date today? I forgot' sticking her tongue out.
'It's 8th March. How did you forget?' laughing and shaking her head
'Oh yeah.. I mean.. ' but Lily left her sentence hanging in the air as realisation dawned on them.
They both shrieked causing Tom to rush up the stairs and scream 'What happened girls?'
'Nothing dad, Zara just saw a pigeon' Lily replied laughing
'Oh thank god'. He closed the door behind them.
Little did these two know that Tom knew exactly why they shrieked and was equally excited for his daughter. He tucked the present he had packed for her beside his pillow, where Sarah used to sleep.
'Our baby's growing up dear, too fast' he whispered.
.........
Another chapter....hope you like this one too;-)