Chapter 22

Lily shrieked her head off. She hugged Chris, and he just stood there with a smug face. But Zara didn't react at all, she had gone numb, apparently. Lily looked at her but came to the conclusion that she's mildly shocked before turning to Chris.
'OMFG!!! Christian Rodgers has a girlfriend, who would've thought?? Since years, as far as I remember you have repeated that same old line "I don't have time for love, bleh-bleh-bleh" and now you show your true colors. I'm so happy for you'.
Chris grinned from ear to ear.
Lily half screamed in excitement, 'Don't just keep standing there. Details!!'
Chris ran a hand through his hair and said , 'You really really wanna know?'.
Lily raised her eyebrow, 'Is that even a question?'.
Chris proceeded with his story.

Apparently, Samantha liked Chris since she had seen him at the bonfire. She instantly wanted to get to know him. Atleast that's what Jade told him when Samantha volunteered to get them drinks. So when she came back, Jade "remembered" some pending work that she had to complete "urgently" so she left, not before throwing a wink at Chris and advising him to ask her out.
Chris and Samantha talked, danced and basically had loads of fun. But before Chris could step up to ask her out, she did so herself. Chris had always liked bold girls, ones who were confident with their decisions, and as we know he said yes.

Chris was blushing. Lily laughed, 'You're such a cutie.'.
'Ew. Don't you dare call me that. But Lily, I feel so lucky. She's so smart and she's so pretty too'.
'You're absolutely basking in her love, aren't you romeo?'.
'Yeah. Sure.'
Lily grinned, ear to ear. But what she was concerned about was Zara. Why was she so quiet? Isn't she happy for her best friend? Or was Lily simply overreacting?.
And unfortunately Chris had noticed too.
'Aren't you happy for me Zara?', he asked, a bit disappointingly.
'Its not that. Why do you think so? Why do you keep assuming stuff? Guys are so... Uhhhh!'. She stormed off to the balcony.
Lily and Chris looked at each other. This was not Zara behaviour.
'Is she on her period', they both said together.
And then they laughed.
'Maybe, she's just shocked because y'know you kept saying that love is stupid and now you have a girlfriend. But still that doesn't give her the reason to talk to you like that. Something's up.', Lily said.
'Or maybe she's just so frustrated that I have a girlfriend who's an angel and stuff (on which Lily poked him on the elbow and Chris blushed and told her to stop) and whatever relationships she's been into has turned into a disaster'.
Good point.
'Chris, I have one question. You said you liked Zara. Then, why did you ask Samantha out? Sorry, I meant why did you agree?'.
Chris inhaled. He seemed prepared. Like it was about time this came up.
Lily had been dying to asked but after Sam, Samantha, Chris and Zara, she had no time.
'I know. You want us to get together and stuff. Chrizara and all that shit. But, Lily, have you ever thought about how this relationship is gonna end up. Zara has been acting wierd all these holidays. She has problems trusting men, after Gale and then that effing douche Patrick and I understand. But in that case, would she be able to trust me? Even though I'm her best friend, she doesn't open up to me any more. She cries alone at night (at which Lily gasped cuz she had no idea) and thinks that nobody cares for her. But only if she'd learn to forget and let others reach her, heal her. Maybe Lilz, but for the time being I don't think she trusts anyone other than you. Not even me.'

'That is true. God what's happening with life?', tears welled up in Lily's eyes but Chris wiped them away.
'Be strong, single lady. It's gonna get better. I'm gonna make it happen, I'm gonna make it better'.
Lily laughed, 'And how are you planning to do that Rodgers?'
Chris grinned before they both said together.
'Cuz I'm the firework, bitch!'
.......
There were some technical errors and my phone just randomly decided to die. So sorry guys. This one's for Dyuksha. Love you person. Vote and comment if you like this chap.
Happy Reading ;D