Chapter 12

'Told you I'm a firework', said Chris, choking under the big hug he just received from Lily.
'Wow, Chris, You're actually doing something right in your life', said Zara sarcastically.
'Yeah. What can I say? I'm extremely talented at all of this'.
Lily couldn't wait. She'd always dreamt of a world underneath along with the world above,only been able to imagine about its growing silence.
......
Lily woke up early at dawn with the
I-can-do-anything feeling. She stretched her arms bringing her muscles back to life. She checked the time on her phone. 5am.
She opened her WhatsApp, they had about one thousand messages in there due to the fact that she had not seen them for a week.
'Good morning, single lady', yawned Chris. He went to the washroom and came back with a washed face and combed hair.
'Listen, Chris, we need to talk', said Lily.
'About Zara, right? Yeah, that's fine, let her be with that Patrick guy, no probl...'
'She's not with him anymore. He didn't wanna have a relationship. He just used her'.
'Shit. I'm going to beat up that guy so bad. That son of a bitch. Moth...',said Chris with a variety of curses and mid air boxing moves.
'Fine do that. But, Chris, she's hurt right now, she can't trust anybody, she needs you, make her see what's right, love her like you've never loved before, she needs it, especially now' said Lily, there was a certain sadness in her voice and in her eyes.
'Yeah. I will'
......
They reached Sea World at around 11 am. All the way from the hotel to this place, they again sang on top of their voices.
Chris paid the fare to the driver after which they went into the "Sea World". It was a mix of everything. They had water rides, a water park as well as scuba diving. Basically all-in-one water amusement park. Lily loved it.
They were little kids, half-naked, challenging each other to jump into the pool with open eyes, they were old ladies basking in the sun glow, talking about the latest gossip, she supposed and then there were teens like them, hooting on top of their voices, no adventure could satisfy their hunger of insanity.
They kept their backpacks in the locker room. Pocketing the key to their locker, Chris said, 'Okay people, I've got a map right here'. He took out a huge map out of the other pocket, you'd be surprised how it fit. 'Uh.. Yes! Here are we', he said pointing to a red dot distinctly at the bottom of the map. 'And unfortunately, here is the scuba diving arena', he said sadly pointing to a blue dot, which seemed a light year away from where they were standing.
'Oh man',said Zara stooping low. 'I don't wanna walk till there'.
'Too bad, you don't have a choice. Let's go people, the trainer has been personally hired, I got lot of recommendations for her. We can't give her a bad impression'. Hence they had to "move it, move it".
After about walking for half an hour, Chris said 'God, I don't care about scuba diving. I'm gonna die of thirst or walking,whichever kills me first'.
'Come on guys, we can do this shit', said Lily, enthusiastically. She really wanted to do this.
Just then a mini van stopped in front of them. The driver was taking passengers to the arena.
Chris literally shook the collar of the man and screamed, 'Where were you earlier?! Goddamit, we had to walk so much. Also you're an angel'.
Lily opened the door to the van and found her worst nightmare sitting there.
Shane.