Chapter 27

After an hour of bitching about their exes and a bit of crying too, the three fell asleep. At 10 in the morning Lily's eyes fell open to the noise of her ringtone. She reached out her hand to the bedside table and picked up her phone.
'Hello?', she said and instantly regretted her decision. It was Sam.
'Lil..'
'God Sam. I really am surprised at your guts now. I don't really wanna hear whatever your side of the story is, cuz guess what? Its always the same fucking story. I trust you and you break it. You break it as it was just another old stick in the park. And now I'm so done with you Sam. I don't wanna look at you and I don't ever wanna speak to you, ever ever again. If you even try to call me, remember that we are currently staying in the same hotel, and it won't take much time for me or Chris to beat the shit outta you. Samantha? I feel pity for her even though she's just as big a cheat as you. I feel pity cuz you don't deserve her. You're a much bigger monster than her, and I bet she was as in love with Chris as he was with her, I bet you influenced her or whatever. Yeah, what you deserve is hell. And you should go visit it someday. You'll feel right at home. I promise.'
Saying this she cut the line and pushed her head back on the pillow, tears found their way on her cheeks again. She went to the washroom to freshen up and change.
She let the hot water cleanse her body, while her mind was still clogged by yesterday. She got out, finding Chris and Zara awake, both of their eyes fixed on Mickey Mouse. She joined them both and they burst into a chorus of M. I. C. K. E. Y. M. O. U. S. E! IT'S MICKEY MOUSE CLUBHOUSE!! proceeded by grins and giggles.
Lily had to push both of them, one by one into the bathroom, so that they could get ready.
At 12, the trio was up and ready to go.

The hotel had planned a camp night on the beach, which meant that they were gonna sleep on the beach with other teens. A bonfire had been planned too. The notice on the board clearly said for "underage adults i.e 18 year olds only". They went to the reception desk for further information.
'Good afternoon, How may I help you miss?', said Rita, well that's what it said on the name tag.
'Yeah, I wanted to know about  the Camp Night Out for the 18 plus', said Zara.
'As you might've read on the notice board ma'am, this camp is gonna be put up at the beach. You don't require anything other than extra clothes, a surfboard, if you like or if you require any prescribed medication. The camp starts at around 8pm before which we will set up your tents. Dinner will be served at around 10, teenagers are never hungry before that. (The three started laughing at that). There'll be a few games organised and after 10, you guys will be on your own. Would you like to register?'.
You could see the excitement and the gleam in their eyes as they said in a chorus, 'Of course', signing their names on the name list Rita provided them with.
They roamed around a little in the hotel as they didn't exactly have any "plans" for the day. They discovered this little play area where two kids were watching Dora the Explorer.
'Umm.. Zara you wanna play table tennis?', said Chris, a smirk playing on his lips.
That's one heck of a story. Table tennis....hmm..where do I start? Okay, yeah, now I remember. This one starts when the trio was in the 3rd grade. There was a new teacher in the school who was brought for table tennis coaching. There was a bet in class, more like Zara (she was an expert at table tennis as her dad used to coach her) bet 10 dollars to whoever could beat her at table tennis. They all signed up. The teacher stood at one end of the table helping the competitor while the other side was taken by Zara.
Nobody could beat her, that's right, 30 people came and went and nobody could beat her.
Chris came by, he wasn't aware of the "new teacher in town" or the bet.
'Chris, you wanna try a hand at it?', said Zara, she knew that he wasn't aware.
Well,if you thought she would win, again, clearly my friends, you will be as surprised as me to know that Chris beat the leading lady 21-10. Yep, that's right. And.... It was his first try at the game. Unbelievable, right?
'Dude, how did you beat her?', said Martin.
'I think I play a lot of tennis on my playstation, so I have good relfexes'.
'Reflexes', said the coach correcting him. 'You played great kid!'.
The look on Zara's face though.
From then on, it's been a tradition that whenever they came across a tt table, match was on.
Anyway, story time's ended, getting back to reality.
Zara took hold of a racquet, 'Boy, I was always ready for this'.
'Uh huh? Imma still beat you. Like a piece of cake', he said still grinning.
'Is that so Firework? Or will it be me laughing at your deflated ego?', she retorted.
He clenched his teeth, 'Enough talk. Game on!'.
He serves, the ball bounces off the table onto her side and smash! Chris couldn't pick that shot.
'One point to Zara Ryder!', screamed Lily, taking her place on one of the couches, the official commentator, referee and point keeper.
'Is that your best shot?', he said, even though you could sense a kind of nervousness in his voice.
'You don't know me Rodgers. I ain't a piece of cake anymore'
.......
Greetings people! You guys don't know how much I loved writing this one. I hope you guys love it too. It's just a different feeling altogether when you do what you love. Look at me getting all philosophical. Ha. Ha. Anyway, this one's up for bibliophile777. Until next time...
Happy Reading ;D