Chapter 20

'Well, you look quite handsome yourself, Sam'.
Close up, she could actually make out how much effort he had put into it.
He was wearing a blue checked shirt, rolled up to his elbows, and black jeans underneath. His golden locks fell over his face effortlessly.
Is the temperature a bit high around here, or is it just me? Dude, stop it. Lily scolded herself and was snatched away to reality by his voice.
'So, are you ready?', he put his arm out for her to hold it. She gladly took it, smiling.
They walked out of the hotel lobby. Cold wind hit their faces, but they journeyed on. They talked for a while, cracking jokes about their previous classmates. They turned a corner, crossed a street and arrived at this Chinese restaurant.
'You remembered Sam!?', Lily exclaimed.
'How could I ever forget, Young?'
Lily loved Chinese. It was like the second love of her life. We guys know who the first one was, don't we? (wink wink)
Anyways, getting back. A reserved table already waited the pair as they walked inside. Cool music played in the background as they looked through the menu.
'I'm already loving this!', Lily said.
......
'Wow! The food is absolutely delicious', said Lily.
Sam laughed. 'I knew you'd like it'. Pride radiant on his already glowing face.
'When did you get to know about this place?'
Sam explained how he was exploring the city and all when he first arrived to Hawaii. He stumbled upon the place when he was looking for a eat out. He instantly knew he had to bring Lily here. Lily blushed at that.
He motioned the waiter for the cheque when Lily spoke up, 'Dude lemme pay for it. My treat'
'Absolutely not', Sam shook his head. 'It was my idea to bring you here. Mine'.
Lily gave up. They tipped the waiter before greeting the cold harsh wind yet again.
'Wanna catch an ice-cream?'. Lily nodded.
They ran to the nearest ice-cream stall, Sam ordered, 'A black current and a choco chip, please'.
Lily smiled, it pleased her how he remembered small details about her.
She held the choco chip up high in the air. 'To us and the old times'.
They both grinned at that
They walked back home, in silence, the crunch of the ice-cream was the only sound audible. The sound one couldn't hear was the race Lily's heart had started to run. Something felt warm and happy inside her tummy.
Maybe Sam's not that bad. He's like me, almost, and I've known him for a long time. And God he's so hot. That's definitely a plus point. I would've definitely liked him if the "big incident" hadn't happened. Oh shit, do I like him? Should I like him? Fuck, hadn't Zara warned me, God, should've listened to her. I'm such an asshole. What should I do now? I mean...
But Lily had to depart from her train of thoughts as the station, I mean, the hotel had arrived.
Sam politely opened the door for her, and calmly left her to the lift.
'Thanks for coming Lily. Means so much to me'
Lily grinned before saying, 'I had a lovely evening too. Thanks so much!'
The lift opened with the same familiar "ting" that she had also received earlier that evening. But before she could enter, she kissed Sam goodbye parting with the words,
'I think I like you too. Meet you tomorrow then?'
......
And ladies and gentlemen, we reach the 20th chapter (claps and cheers). Thanks to all of you guys for supporting me through you're votes and comments :-*.
Shout out to voicesattheocean. Love you man.
So cheers my friends and like always, Happy Reading :).