Day 5, Part 2

Craig has been to the hospital before, so he wasn't too worried about the situation. That didn't stop Tweek from panicking though. As soon as they got inside the building, Tweek's breath immediately hitched, and he started shaking more than usual.

"If you don't like hospitals, why did you offer to take me?"

"I-I didn't know I d-didn't like hospitals u-until just now.

"Have you never been inside one before?"

Tweek refused to look Craig in the eye as he nodded his head. Great, Craig was looking forward to a boring, yet relaxing time getting his leg checked out, and now he had to deal with Tweek being spazzy.

Craig checked himself in and with the help of Tweek sat down in the waiting room.

"I-I'm s-sorry Craig, I sh-shouldn't have come."

Great, now Craig's also the asshole. "It's fine, don't worry about it."

Craig could feel Tweek shaking next to him, and it was getting really annoying, really fast. He gripped Tweek's arm, "calm down, everything's going to be okay."

It didn't magically make Tweek feel better, but Tweek did start shaking a little less, and his breathing did get a bit more even.  Craig breathed in, well that's one problem kind of taken care of. Craig stared at Tweek, there was something sweet about seeing the ordinarily spastic boy looking almost at peace. 

Several more minutes passed before Craig was finally called into the doctor's office. Craig turned to Tweek, "I'll be back soon," then he left with the doctor's help. He sat down on the patient's bed and waited for the doctor to chat with him.

"So what seems to be the problem today?"

"You're the doctor aren't you? Why don't you tell me?"

"Very funny, but actually what's the problem."

"I think I broke my foot."

The doctor nodded his head and gently grabbed his foot. "Does this hurt?"

Craig hissed, "Yeah, very."

The doctor nodded his head again and gently started moving it, "tell me when it hurts the most."

Craig dug his nails into his hands and said through gritted teeth, "there."

The doctor sighed, "its possible that it's broken, but we're going to need an x-ray to make sure."

Craig groaned, he just wanted to get out of there as soon as possible. "Fine, whatever it takes." 

The doctor took the x-rays and left the room telling Craig that he would be back when they had the results. Craig laid back resting his head against the wall, now what? He decided to take out his phone and scrolled through his text messages, he had one from Clyde, one from Kenny, and seven from Tweek.

He hasn't even been gone for more than fifteen minutes, and Tweek was already panicking. He decided to open the one from Kenny first.

How is the bet coming along? Is Tweek in love with you yet?

Craig rolled his eyes, he decided not to respond to him, Kenny was an idiot anyway. Next, he opened Clyde's

Hey dude, where are you?

Craig did feel a little guilty for not telling Clyde but Tweek was right, he's probably busy, and he doesn't need to worry.

Sorry, I'm with Tweek, and I wasn't looking at the phone.

Finally, he hesitantly looked at Tweek's messages

Are you almost done?

How much longer?

Are you there?

Are you dying?

OMG, THEY KIDNAPPED YOU DIDN"T THEY?

Craig, please answer?

I think the baby sitting across from me is a spy.

Craig wanted to be annoyed at Tweek for blowing up his phone, but there was definitely something endearing about it. Craig was starting to understand that this was Tweek's way of showing he cared,  and it was definitely less annoying than some forms of affection. Tweek could try to give him chocolate and flowers or something.

Sorry, I was talking to the doctor, he's examining the x-rays right now.

And as an afterthought, Craig writes,

Also, I doubt the baby is a spy, and if he is, I'll owe you twenty bucks.

Before he could even exit his messaging app, Tweek had texted back.

Okay, just hurry please, this waiting room is starting to give me the heebie-jeebies.

Craig smiled before responding.

K.

After what felt like an eternity but was probably only about thirty minutes the doctor came back. 

"So it looks like your foot isn't broken, however, it is sprained."

Craig couldn't find a reason to complain considering it could have been way worse. "Sounds good, so what should I do?"

"Try to stay off your foot as much as possible, and if I were you, I would probably take some aspirin."

"Is that?"

"Yup, you can go ahead and leave, speaking of leaving, go ahead and use this," he said while handing Craig a crutch. Craig took it and decided to be on his merry way.

When Craig opened the door to the waiting room, Tweek immediately stood up and rushed to him. "How did it go? Are you going to die? Oh God, please don't tell me you're going to die."

Craig blinked slowly grabbing both of Tweek's wrists to stop him from moving around so much and overwhelming him. "Yeah, I'm fine, turns out it's not even broken, just sprained."

Tweek nodded and started smiling gently, "good."

Craig nodded slowly, "now if you don't mind let's finally ditch this place."

Tweek's small smile turned into a full grin, "where do you want to go?"

"Can you drop me off at Clyde's house?" Craig immediately regretted what he said when he saw the look on Tweek's face, but it was too late to go back.

"Y-Yeah, I-I can do th-that."