chapter thirty one - spring comes as the sun rises

It was not even dawn yet, but the snow is already gone, as in poof! Why am I awake you ask?

Well, I'm waiting for good luck, they say that if you sleep on Snow Day, but wake exactly at the Celestial Hour a day after, which is at 4:00 am if you are asking in Earth time, then you will find good luck.

But, as I wake up exactly, nothing happened. Just snow is gone now.

A few minutes later, someone came in my room....Oh, En.

He saw me in surprise, and asked, "Why are you up this early, Lilly?"

"I'm waiting for luck. They say-"

"Yes, I know that story, though I never tried."

"I don't think it works." I sighed, but as soon as I was about to leave the room, the sun was escaping the shadows slowly. And, birds start to sing, flowers start to bloom, and grass start to grow.

Now that's luck. Wait, so it worked?!

"No way.." He said in surprise. He looked at me and pointed out, "That must be pure luck!"

"Yeah." I smiled

As we walked out of my room, and walked outside, he smiled at me. I smiled back. And we just walked. I could see En with that book I recommended.

"Are you almost done with that book?" I ask him.

He nodded. "Almost, just a few more pages. Was this book made by Morniq?"

"Yes, how did you know?"

"One of my favorite authors of course."

"Right," I answered. I picked up a flower from the flowing water below. I looked at it, then, I became shocked. "Pixie Flower?! What is this doing here?"

"Hmm? What is that?"

"Only Queen Ramona plants these things."

"Queen Ramona? The sadist one, and the one with a reborn soul?"

"Yes." I said, trying to sound casual. He noticed a slight change of tone in my voice and raised an eyebrow. I try not to notice.

"Anyway, that scratch on your cheek?" I asked.

"It healed, don't worry."

I nodded, slightly. "Well, umm, we have to come back, school is starting in a few hours."

He just nodded. We went back to the house and I got ready for school. As I finished, the maids went inside my room, and found me finished. They were suprised.

"What made miss dress so early?" One of them asked, I just smiled.

As I approached En, I found someone beside him. It was a boy, me and En's age. He noticed me and shuddered a bit, but luckily, he just smiled.

"Hello, you must be Miss Fiske."

"Yes, I am. And who are you?"

"Marine. My other name, Eqno.

Wait a second, Eqno? I heard that name before. Eqno, Eqno, Eqno. Wasn't he from......

.

.

.

....Earth?

END OF CHAPTER