chapter fourty one - an 'urgent' matter plus three

Lady Victoria!

Again? You need my help?

Yes.

And, it's about carrying his mother?!

Yes. Can you make her fly?

What is this, child?

Make her fly? Is that big deal?

No, not really?

Ok, so?

No bribing,

I won't. I'll just get you something for a gift.

What is it?!

It's fine if you won't help me, but your dad will be really angry.

It's father, child, not dad. What word is that?

It's in Earth, dad is a word.

Right.

While you are doing that, I'm going to ask a question, how do you communicate with-

Child, I am done. For a goddess, it's an easy job.

Well, as I was saying-

Use it, use it now.

  Fine, I'll ask later.

Apparently, En's mother had woken up shaking, when the boastful goddess, Victoria, has left this conversation.

So, that was what she was doing?

"I saw a sharp-toothed psychopath! He almost killed me!" She shouted as she started panic crazily.

Oh Victoria, are you being cruel?!

As the woman started to realise it was all a dream, a real monster appeared before us.

OH, GREAT!

When the sun shown on him- Actually, turns out, he's a fire beast. Even if he looks fierce and scary, he's sooo easy to defeat.

How do I know?

I don't know, I just exaggerated. Hahahaha!

Anyway, I thought of a plan.

SPRAY HIM WITH WATER! HA!

I chanted a spell, 'Water Bucket', which just creates water that looks like a bubble, that is the size of what a normal bucket looks like.

Really boring spell..

But, as I chanted it repeatedly, the fire beast was weakening. Ha! Knew it!

Lady Victoria's tricks cannot deceive me! She will never trick my eyes, as I have been a gamer eversince elementary to middle school!

But, seriously, that was dumb.

A few seconds later, the beast dissolved and died.

En was surprised, En's mother was surprised, the birds fell and gave me a surprised face, the worms appeared out of the ground and gave me a suspicious glare, the butterflies flapped their wings crazily like paranormal birds, and the water was frantically splashing-

Or, that just might be imagination besides En, his mother, and the birds.

En asked, "How can such a spell kill such a master leveled beast?"

I was about to laugh, but he looked concerned. Oh dear.

Have they naver heard, 'Don't judge a book by it's cover'?

I looked ahead, we were almost there, so I just changed the topic, "We're almost there, so umm..tell me more about that urgent situation."

En's mother just glared, but then just walked behind us, leaving En to talk.

He breathed in and breathed out.

What was going on? What is so urgent? What is so important that he could not even tell me?

Could he actually be of nobility?! Or his mother was not his real mother? There are many reasons, but the secret he told a few days ago already surprised me.

I think he'll surprise me more. I felt it would be.

He suddenly interrupted my thoughts and told me, "So, umm, the Eclipsian King wanted to meet me because um...."

I was waiting impatiently, since I was curious.

It was an akward silence that followed. And, as that akward silence followed, we have arrived.

"Me and En must leave, you can explore the town, but do not leave without us."

"How about, if you left?"

"No, we will come back for you- no, I mean, I will, En might not." Mrs. Masumi said. (she started to just say Mrs. Masumi, not En's mother)

"Why not?"

"Some roya- aristocratic problems, you know.."

I became suspicious..royal? En is...ROYAL?!

END OF CHAPTER