chapter seventy nine - gold cards

He looked away, "I was worried."

He was worried? I thought he would get angry at me! Gee, thanks En! Then, he turned back at me and slightly smiled.

I then remembered about the girl named Marisa. "Is Marisa your childhood friend?"

"Yes, she was like a great sister to me until a few days ago. When we met again, she seemed to look so spoiled. Well, it doesn't matter anyway, because I think she's just making this act." He told me, I could see the hint of worry in his eyes.

"Don't worry! It's fine. Although, I do not know her, I am here to support you so you can get along again with her again." I grinned. He just nodded.

To think of it, how is everyone back at home doing? I realized that I missed school for a week and this wasn't even a school task! Haha..

I should write a letter to my parents and Aqua. Yep! I'll ask En! "En, do you think I should write to my family?"

"Nope."

This was unexpected.. "Why?"

"They know. It's spreading all across the national worlds, and realms. Almost everyone knows. Your parents have already contacted us through a letter too." He told me while taking a pack of cards.

He started to shuffle the cards. There was hearts, diamonds, spades, and clubs. As usual. What are we playing, I wonder what. Bridge? Poker?

Child, have you found- You have! And yet, you are still playing cards with him?! This is a dangerous situation!

En isn't dangerous.

But the other royal accompanies of the palace are. The guards are everywhere!

Where are you now? Wouldn't you get caught?

We are invisible. I sense that your friend is being in a relaxed state. Did you know that the cards he is using now a very magical pack of cards?

What do you mean? Hearts, diamonds, spades, and clubs are regular types of cards. Maybe it's just in Earth but here, I'm unsure.

Your opinion is correct, cards usually end up in diamonds or clubs. Having a whole pack including spades and hearts are rare. These cards aren't meant for playing. These really contain magic. Apparently, your friend's are the originals.

What do those cards do? Is it for gambling or something?

I will explain in detail. These cards are not for gambling. What is gambling anyway? So, these cards are usually silver or blue. The rare ones are red, and the most expensive and rare is the gold cards which are usually created by gods. You can see that your friend has gold cards. I assume that he befriended a god.

What more is that the girl before looked half-goddess. Did you see her mark underneath her eye? It was a golden rose. It reminded me of Eros, also known as Cupid. I am guessing that she is Eros' hidden granddaughter or great-granddaughter. It's a guess.

What else? These cards are the ones that was carved by hand in the Godly Realm when I was younger. Supposedly, Eros gave his great-granddaughter this present to remind her of him when leaving the Godly Realm to not get into trouble. She is a mix of many creatures, a goddess, an enchantress, a human, a Crystalix, and a dragon.

A dragon?! How is all that possible? Eros had no ancestors like that, only he was a god!

Eros is her grandfather. Supposedly. She looked exactly as the description says, since now, Eros wants to see her but she's scared to leave her long time home. He knows where she is but she refused him seven times, so he couldn't ask any longer. Did you know that if you are an immortal, there was a rule concerning the unfairness of immortals actions towards mortals, so we could only ask that mortal seven times if we wanted to ask them for a favor?

It's great. It is much fair that way.

Ok. Now, why is she a mix of too many things? I'm curious.

Her mother is a goddess, her name is Hedone, the only child of Eros. She married a mix...nevermind, Eros was her great-grandfather. Hedone married an enchanter who had a mix of Crystalix blood in her. Crystalix creatures are like medusa, but they are beautiful.

They have no snake hair, they don't turn you into stone in a glimpse of an eye, instead, they fall very deeply in love with it. Sometimes, you will get this effect forever and die falling into too much love.

Anyway, they had a child named Vana, and she married a half-dragon, half-human. And so, the girl, Ma-- I have forgotten her name, but she then was born in Eclipsia.

What?! Wow..that history is so complicated. En is explaining to me about the cards as you said it to be. How funny.

"Lilly, do you want to hold a card?" I nodded calmly as my hand held the card. After that, the image of the card disappeared, even the text were gone!

En tapped it and in a nanosecond, it showed a picture of a fairytale. It was Little Red Ridinghood talking to Goldilocks in a beautiful field of green.

END OF CHAPTER

reincarnated into a sadist's body ✓जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें