chapter fourty nine - dragged into the king's court

Wow, persecution.

 I'm put in jail right now, and pretty sure, I think En was getting punished. I'm sorry, it was Lady Victoria's fault!

 ..it is not! He was born to destroy that temple! That was the gods' reason for his fate. Anyway, I'm sorry that I could not help.

 I will die.

 You will die for a good purpose.

 What? You're just letting my die? My head cut and buried on the ground and victory blood in their hands to save nothing, but a stupid ancient temple of riches?

 Technically, it is the Temple of Prayer, but since your exaggeration fits the situation, I agree with your hyperbole. Regardless, I won't let you die. That would be cold hearted of me.

 Well, you said I would die, so..

 That was just a little joke, sweet. I didn't mean it. Please don't take it the wrong way.

 Well, you were saying it so seriously, so how could I notice it was not a joke? Plus, that joke was stupid. It's so bad, I could smash it and make it extinct.

 Are you, trying to roast me?

 Roast you? No! That would be terrible! Who would eat you in the first place?

 Child, stop taking it so literally! It breaks my heart!

 I'm actually trying to break you.

 How could you?!

 I just could. It's not fun to not see the unchildish Victoria.

 Please properly use honorifics dear.

 Lady..Victoria. Shall I say it the right way?

 No, father does not let the child wander aimlessly.

 I'm guessing that your father will not accept that childishness of yours in front of me?

 He thinks of me, as a disgrace to my new chosen child of care!

 I'm sorry.

 Child, I must go.

 And why now? It's so cold-

 I shall summon blankets.

 A handful of blankets appeared beside me. Thanks Lady Victoria, you're actually hoce sometimes.

 It was dark, apparently. And, prisoners are pretty rare in this realm, as I could not fine any prisoners in prison.

 A few seconds passed, and suddenly, a creaking sound startled me.

 Then, footsteps of heeled shoes were heard.

 "Hello? Is Miss Fiske here?" The female voice asked, in a very british accent. British accent?! Wow, I thought no accents like that would be existent here.

 "Yes." I replied.

 "I brought some food and blankets. I am sorry for your persecution." And, her face appeared. She was carrying a torch and it made me squint.

 She took out a key out of her pocket and put it through the lock. "I stole this from the guards when I was on duty."

 As she came in, she became a bright light and turned into-

 LUISA?! I mean, QUEEN RAMONA?!

 "Yes, yes, I know! I started using this spell again, I sensed your danger. So I thought I would come save you! Here is some food before we go!" She smiled as she gave me some bread.

 The door squeaked the second time.

 "Oh shoot!" Luisa whispered worriedly. "Wait a second." She shoved all the food and blankets on her outer skirt and took the key, locked me in, and left.

 Wow, so much for the hard work.

 The next thing you know, I was dragged by these soldiers out of prison. It was so bright! My eyes were squinting, but soon, I got used to the light.

I was dragged to the King's Court.

 "You had one job, and you failed!" The King told me. "You destroyed one of the most important temples created by the gods, how could you?!"

 "I can just ask Goddess Victoria to help rebuild it."

 He looked at me for a moment. "Goddess Victoria? How do you know about her?"

 "Many things, she's a goddess, she is 963,012 years old, she is beautiful, she was made a sculpture in the room where I had to go through since I wasn't Eclipsian, and she helps me with life." I responded truthfully.

 He made a suspicious face, "Someone must have told you that, aren't it?"

 "Uuuhhh, yes. Goddess Victoria did, apparently."

 His face still shown suspicion. "Are you sure?"

-+-+-

 So, this is the author just speaking to you. I'll be posting my explained.com book of February, maybe on my birthday, not fully decided.

 Anyway, hope you enjoyed this chapter.

END OF CHAPTER