chapter eighty one - truthful answer

The king suddenly looked at En. "News?"

En nodded as he pointed at me. The king looked at me slowly, then, his eyes widened, "Lilly Fiske."

Woah, what is this? He just said my full name! Do you know what that means? Yes, it's danger. Well, now, I have to just tell him the journey of saving En.

"Yes, your majesty?" I ask.

"Why are you here? Didn't you escape? Didn't you leave this place to make my son die?!" He shouted. En was calm.

"HOW CAN YOU COME BACK?! HOW CAN IT BE TODAY?!" He raised his voice louder.

En looked at his father and walked to him. He then pat his father's back lightly. "It's ok father, take a few deep breaths. Lilly wasn't actually at fault-"

"He left you! Of course I can't decide on my beliefs or my son! That is impossible! The girl wouldn't sacrifice her life for you!" He said, a lower tone was added, directing at me.

He just said that I couldn't sacrifice my life for En?! I don't love him! I wouldn't even cut my hand for him anyway! We're just good friends! Just because he's a prince doesn't mean his rank of thoughts are higher!

En gave a dissatisfied face to his father as he explained what I felt in his point of view, "Lilly has the same level as thoughts as us, just because we are royal doesn't mean that they have to sacrifice whatever they have for us, me even. She's not even Eclipsian! Yet, she is not even a lover! She is just a good friend to me!"

Exactly what I thought, but in his point of view. Thanks En! He has been saving me in these awkwardly dangerous situations. The king started to laugh.

Ok, this is weird. Is he really laughing? I look more carefully at his face, yep. He is. How is that possible? I thought he was angry a second ago.

"I have never thought that you would protect a girl from that land! Lilly Fiske doesn't seem so bad.."

"Dad! No! Don't even think about that!" En shouted in embarrassment. He looked at me and silently apologized to me. I nodded and shrugged as the king started to come into the light. But then, he was serious again.

"Eliot, how about your proposal when Marisa? Have you talked about stopping it yet?" He asked his son. En nodded, slightly. The atmosphere was like a knife aiming at a deer. "Who will you take as your wife now? You have turned her down, although she was a perfect fit."

"Dad, about me dyin-"

"About that, I heard that the God of Purification has taken care of this mess. Thanks to Goddess Victoria and her two friends."

I flinched. Ria. How does he know?! Ria, did you tell him?

Yes. Like this, telepathically.

Screw you, Ria!

"Goddess Victoria? I heard from Lilly that she went to the god, Februus too. Could it be that they are working together?" He asked. I flinched again and this time, I was caught.

"What?" Ugh, Ria!

Sorry child, I couldn't help it..

"Lilly explained the same thing..were you with Goddess Victoria and the other lady?" He asked me. I looked away to stop me from stuttering, "I don't recognize if that woman was Ri- Goddess Victoria or not."

He raised an brow. How 'unnecessary'. He stared at me. Did he learn the unnecessary way of trying to get a truthful answer from someone?

I looked at him, "I promise that I don't at all know if she was with me! The only person I was with was a woman named Lui-Ramo-Luisa. Luisa."

"Luiramonluisaluisa?" En asked.

"Luisa." I answered in a sarcastic manner. En lifted his shoulders as the king started another conversation all on its own.

After he finished his awkwardly long speech or should I say, self-conversation, he told us to leave Eclipsia before we get caught by the priests.

So, I went different ways than En through the hallways. When I reached to a corner, I found Luisa and Ria looking like they were waiting for someone. I know it's me though.

"Child! We will change you back! Your phoenix has been invisible the whole time, did you know? That is why the king trusted you." Ria told me.

"I don't get what you are talking about."

Suddenly, it was bright, and I tried to block my eyes from the light with my small hands. Yes, I call them small hands. I don't actually think that it's 'that' small though.

When the light was gone, I looked at myself. I...am back to normal! My nice clean clothes! Looks like it was ironed well. (A/N: The clothing from the cover)

"We must go! The priests are going to investigate who went to the underworld, they think that it is boasting if we went to the underworld and left the underworld alive. They are actually just...jealous. if we are caught, news will be spread and Hades would figure out that it was us, and we would get punished!" Ria explained in detail.

I nodded as I ran back to find En. When I found En, he was talking with Marisa, a girl who was En's childhood friend. Marisa was in the state of being shocked. I couldn't see En's face though.

Marisa was a beautiful girl with apple-like red hair and ocean, blue eyes. To me, she stood out so much. Red didn't really match blue in my opinion. Even if she was quiet, her appearance is like one of an energetic girl.

She was whispering to En, so I couldn't quite hear. My stalking abilities had a limit. Hearing isn't my forte.

Suddenly, she shouted at En, "Why?!" She actually made my heart skip a beat. She shouted so suddenly in the midst of silence! But, En didn't even have any type of surprise..He expected this.

Was it because he needed to come back home? I mean, second home?

After a few seconds, she said seriously, "I will go to the school you are going to! I am going to find that Fiske and claim that you are mine!"

"Ehh?" I whispered.

END OF CHAPTER