Chapter 4: I'm Not Who I Seem.

Zoe POV

I finally made it back to the house and I see the car we went to go to Mariana's place parked, so that meant she was here. I wondered if she was dead or not.

Mariana did not give a care about rules and obviously, her years in Army Boot camp paid off well, Latina knew how to throw a punch. I punch the pin into the machine and the large metal doors opens.

I walked in and Claudia immediately shouted.

"What were you thinking just letting Mariana drive here herself, she just barged in here demanding to know where Billie is!"

"Something about this Mariana is different, she doesn't seem scared to risk her life, I need to find Billie." I tell Claudia.

I head towards Billie's office and I stop when I hear Billie talking to someone. I didn't want to interrupt because she was probably in a meeting.

But then I hear her Billie's voice, "I know what it feels like to lose everything. I lost my entire family to a bombing 8 months ago and it hurts like hell. My parents and my brother warned me to stay here at the house, but I snuck out to follow them just to witness them being blown up."

Why is she telling people the story of that day, most importantly who!? Ever since Maggie, Patrick, and Finneas died. Billie swore to herself that she would never revisit that moment. She broke her promise. Why would she do that, she doesn't open up to anyone except me or Claudia. So who was she doing it to now?

Mariana POV

I pull the gun from my head to the ground and comprehend what Billie just told me. She had through all that at just 17? She walks up to me.

"You see, I know how it feels, that empty feeling and you're just like me. Just let me help you." Billie says and then wraps her arms around my back to embrace me in a hug.

"Will you let me help you?" She asks. I appreciated that she wanted to help me, but she needed help more than me. How could she tell me all that about her family and not even have her eyes water just a little bit?

"I'll let you help me if you let me help you."

"I don't need help, but if it means you'll stay, then ok."

Billie POV

What the hell was I doing hugging someone? It was like my mind telling me to stay away, but my body and heart was telling me to hold her. I felt her melt in the hug.

I pulled away and look at her mascara run downed face and I hold her hand and walk her out of my office. What the hell was I doing holding her hand?

When we walk out the office, I see Zoe attempting to play off the fact that she was eavesdropping.

I internally groan knowing that she heard what I said to Mariana and she would be asking me later on.

Mariana is looking down on the marble floor as she's just letting me drag her. I pull her all the way to my bedroom and she looks around amazed as if she never saw a bedroom before. "What? It's a bedroom. You never seen a room before." I ask her confused.

M: "Sorry just never really had a bedroom in general even with my mom." I immediately regret what I said when I realized I was being insensitive to her. I apologized to her and she said it was nothing.

Me and Mariana have been talking for hours now and not once did I get bored with listening to her.

"Well Billie, I have to go to work now."

"This late at night? Who works that late?"

"I do and I have to if I want to get rent paid on time, and I have to wake up early for the extra shifts too." Why is she working that hard just to pay rent? That's not normal.

"Why are you working that hard just to pay rent?" I ask.

"I'm sorry, I'm not a Gambino, I have to worry about rent. If I don't make this rent money, I'll get kicked out, which I think I am. I already started packing because I only made less than half of the rent money needed." She says sulking and starts to get up. I promised, I would help her, and she let me.

"Move-in with me and my gang." I blurt out.

"What? No, I can't do that." She says quickly.

"Why not?" I ask.

"Uhh, Because you just met me, I would take up space, oh and because just this morning I insulted you? And did you just say gang?"
B: "I deserved it, I should've apologized, my bad and I said gang, but I mean friends." I lie. I don't trust her entirely to be telling her everything.

"So why'd you say you wanted to kill me?"

"I was only kidding, I can't do that." I lie again.

"But I pulled the gun on you, weren't you scared?" She asks. "You ask too many questions, just answer mine. Can you move in?" I ask.

"No Billie, I can't. I don't want to take up space." She says.

"Oh come on, you're overworking yourself, and have you seen how big this house is, I have plenty of extra bedrooms that you can take, and you won't take up space. The answer is yes and that's the final decision." I pull her arm and pull her down to the bed. "No, im not!"

"Fine, Can you at least for five more minutes?" She falls down on the bed wrapping her arms around me and it scares me because I have no clue what she's doing.

"What the hell are you doing?"

"It's called cuddling Billie."

She takes my arms and wraps them around her and then relaxes into me. Less than 5 minutes later, she's lightly snoring and her breathing steadied, she was asleep.

I knew what I had to do to convince her to move in with me. Just move her stuff in myself. Well, not myself. Have some guys do it for me. Lazy Tingz.

I crept out of her hold on me and snuck out my bedroom without waking her up.

Once I'm out the room. I'm cheesing hella hard and put my plan in action. When Mariana wakes up in the morning she will be saying hello to her new roommates.