Chapter 42: Close Call

Mariana POV

Right after giving the water bottle I had to Billie, I realize the water was warm. Who wants warm water on a hot day? Before she can take a sip, I take it out of her hand and give her a colder water bottle. I throw the warm bottle in the trash.

"Thanks, mamas," Billie says and I peck her on the lips. I check the time and it's 6:00. The Big party isn't at the hotel but at a big venue. Everyone is almost ready except for Billie. She really doesn't want to go. "Bils, you have to start getting dressed." I start to tug at her.

"I don't want to." She resists.

"Baby, you have to."

"But I'm tired and my body aches." She complains. I kiss her to shut her up, "Get changed, Billie." She scoffs.

"Well okay, Ms. Bossy Pants!"

------------------
It is now 8:00 pm sharp, people are starting to leave the hotel and go to the venue. Billie has yet to put on her clothes for the party. Right now, she's playing with Finneas and threatening to bite off his head. "You can't bite someone's head off Billie!" Finneas yells.

"Yes, I can. Let me show you." She gets closer to him and he's flinching. Patrick pulls Billie back saying "Okay, that's enough Billie stop scaring your brother." She sucks her teeth and she punches Finneas. Finn punches back.

I drag Billie to our hotel room, I find her perfectly folded clothes on the side. She opens a lollipop and puts it in her mouth. She sits on the bed. "Come on, you're changing now!" I say sternly.

"What?! You're not dressed!" She says resisting.

"You can't see me in my dress yet. Now, Billie, you won't leave until you're dressed."

"Fine..."

I watch as she gets change giving a glare of annoyance. "Done. You happy?" She says. "Yes, I am. I love you, baby." I go and peck her lips and I pull her out with me. She gets compliments as soon as she walks in but Billie is still upset that I practically threatened her to put her clothes on. "Alright, we have to go now," Ariana says. I hear Zoe groan as she gets up. Zoe, Ari, Lani, and Shaina leave to the venue. Next, are Maggie and Patrick.

Emilia goes with Claudia and Finneas. Billie goes after leaving me. I finally get changed into my long-ass red dress, and I look at myself in the mirror. I haven't looked this beautiful in a while. I hear a car honk, and I walk downstairs, "Nice to meet you, Ms. Rodriguez." The driver says. "Call me Mariana." He nods his head and helps me into the car while we drive to the venue.

Natalie POV

I'm fucking pissed that the drink didn't work on Mariana. I'm at the party and Billie is just arriving and everyone cheering as she comes in with the hottest res suit ever. I got a little wet looking at her. Her closest friends and family members were already here.

Billie ignores the cheers as she goes into the front. I look around and see Mariana isn't here, did it actually work? Billie is definitely choosing me. I turn around and another car rolls in. The car is huge and matte black and Claudia and Kehlani squeals "She's here!"

Who's here? I watch as the car door open and the driver runs out opening the back door. Out comes Mariana with the most fitted sparkly red dress on, obviously matching with Billie. Jealousy is an understatement that could describe how I feel.

How can she be so perfect? Billie helps Mariana out and fixes her dress. "My cousin's so beautiful!" Catherine yells. Billie walks her down and Mariana says hi as she is handed their daughter Emilia. I cross my arms over chest as my minions adore them together.