Chapter 23: Missing

Mariana POV

I get my hands cuffed behind my back. "Ow!, why does it have to be so tight?" I struggle as I sass mouth them. "Sassy, just like we thought." A deep voice says in front of me. I see a man huge towering above me. Wow, I'm short.

"What do you want?" I ask the man.

"You."

"What do you want with me? I've done nothing wrong. I don't even know the place you found me at."

"You don't need to lie, we've been keeping eyes on you. Mariana Rodriguez." Then it hits me. Columbo.

"You're gonna kill me. Aren't you?" The man laughs heavily and smiles.

"First, we'll have storytime and then we'll kill you." I breathe heavily and they drag me into a room. They undo my handcuffs and close the door. The room has no windows and it's dark. I scrunch up in the corner. I won't cry, that will show them that they're winning.

After hours of being in the room with no food. The same horrific man walks in with a plate of lasagna and water and places near me "I'm not taking anything from you." I snap and the man shrugs and says "You ready? For the storytime?"

I say nothing and he said "Look, I know that you and Billie are in a romantically involved relationship. But I don't care. My mission is to kill her and take over. The Gambinos will no longer be the highest in New York." He says

"If your mission is to kill Billie, why haven't you done it yet?"

"Mariana, there's a plan. We will first destroy everything that is close to her, then destroy her."

"So your gonna kill me to break her so she can't lead anymore"

"You're a smart one. I'll remember that after we kill you."

"Do you have to kill me? Please don't kill m-" I get interrupted by a slap on the face. I can taste the blood in my mouth. My eyes water.

"YOU DO NOT QUESTION WHAT I DO!DO YOU UNDERSTAND ME," I say nothing and I get another hard slap on the other side of my face. I spit out blood. "I SAID DO YOU UNDERSTAND ME, OR DO YOU WANT ANOTHER SLAP," I tell him "I'm a boxer, these slaps are nothing to me." He then punches me in my stomach. I scream in pain. "I thought you were a boxer huh? Now disrespect me again. I'll cut you!"

Billie POV

I walk back in slamming the door. The lockdown is over. Claudia sprints "Where is she?" She shakes me, "Where is she!?" I sigh and say "She's gone." She takes a step back and shakes her head before she faints onto the ground harshly. I call for the infirmary and they take to their office.

Meanwhile, I shoot my gun in the air 2 times wanting everyone in front of me. "Mariana Rodriguez has been captured by Columbo. We obviously know that she is in Manhattan, at their home base. Find her now. Ask any questions and I shoot you in your eyes. GO!" They all scurry outside going on motorcycles and in cars looking for her.

I know where their base is at, but it's too dangerous for me to go there. But I have to get Mariana. I knew it was a bad idea to get involved with her. There has to be something in my office to help me find her. I rush to my office and I'm met with Kehlani.

I squeeze the bridge of my nose. I respect Kehlani because she's my older cousin and is more logical than me at times. "Billie? What are you going to do?" She asks me?

"Honestly, I don't know what to do. She was just a second ago. I told her to stay put. Then she was gone."

"Ok maybe there's something here to help, I'll help you." I nod and look in the files I have on her. There are so many things in this file; like the day we met, tracking locations we have on her. Wait. Tracking Location. I scurry through the location that she had been found when she ran away several times.

"Wait a minute, Billie didn't you tell that you put a tracking chip under all of Mari's shoes?" Then I remember, she was wearing the shoes I bought her and that was the first shoe I put a chip on. "You're so smart!" I tell her.

I go onto my computer, I have a lot of tracking chips on people. I click Mariana and the shoes she's wearing. It says your location will be ready in 15 minutes. 15 minutes feel like hours.

I stare at the timer ticking and decreasing. It gets to Zero and it shows me her location. "There! Lani, let's go." Kehlani turns around, "Are you trying to kill yourself? It's too dangerous." I sigh "It's for Mariana." Kehlani says "Billie, THINK BRO. Where is all this coming from?"

"Kehlani, I told her I'd die for her."

"Fine, but if you get hurt, I'm gonna whip your ass."

"I won't, trust me." I walk out of the house. I see Que walking up to me. I stop and scrunch my face. "Where are you going?" I ignore him and walk past him. He grabs my left wrist, I use my right fist to punch him in his nose. I hop in my car and speed off.

I might do a double update idk yet

I might do a double update idk yet. But we'll see.