Chapter 20: Initiation

12:00 Midnight

The driver unlocks the door and I walk in with Mariana still in my arms. She was a deep sleeper. I took her upstairs to her room and laid her on the bed. I took her shoes off and I see her right foot is bruised.

Im gonna catch the fucker who did this to her. I get ice and place it on her foot. She squirms at the touch of something cold on her but doesn't wake up. She looks uncomfortable in her shirt so I take it off of her slowly, thank God she had a bra on.

I go in her closet and find her a sweatshirt that has an M on it and put it over her. I take the blanket and put it over her and kiss her forehead and say "Goodnight mamas."

I walk out of her room and make my way into Claudia's room and she's pacing around the room. "We found her. She's in her room sleeping" I tell Claudia and I yawn and go into my room and I take my hoodie off and change into my sports bra and write in my journal.

Claudia POV

I go into my little sister's room and I see her sleeping. I crawl into bed with her and hold her like a baby. "Please don't ever scare me like that again" I whisper and I cuddled with her until I fell asleep.

——————————————
The next day

Mariana POV

I wake up in my bed alone and im in a sweatshirt and I recall the events from yesterday and I look down at my foot and it's purple and I can't move. I sigh and lean my head back. I grab my phone on my desk and call Billie.

Billie is Bold and Mariana is Italic

Hello?

Billie? I think my foot got worse.

Ok. Don't move a muscle im on my way.

Ok.

I stay put and I see Billie come in and lift me up and she takes me to the infirmary.

Doctor: "She took the bone out of its place. So we have to do put it back in."

B: "Come on. That's gonna hurt like a bitch. Isn't there some kind of numbing thing you can give her?

Doctor: "There is, but it won't have much effect."

B: "Give it to her."

The guy gets a needle and sticks it into my ankle and I yelp in pain and then he flips my foot up putting my ankle back in place. I sigh out of relief.

Doctor: "She won't feel as much pain anymore but she'll be limping for a few hours."

Billie helps me off the stretcher and I limp to the door all the way to the living room where Claudia is sitting. We all sit down and Claudia speaks up.

"So you decided to run away?" Claudia says.

"To the one place you could be killed at!?" Billie asks.

"I wasn't thinking, I just needed to get away. Me and mom had an argument and I ran out into Manhattan and I climbed on top of a roof." I say.

"That doesn't explain your foot." Billie points at it.

"Someone cornered me on the rooftop and I… jumped off the roof." I say

"What kind of dumbass jumps off a roof Mariana!?" Claudia. Obviously, me.

"They knew my name. How could they possibly know my name." I say, Billie thinks for a while and widens her eyes as if an idea popped into her head.

"Damn it! It was Columbo's people that went after her, Mariana, ok Mariana, did the person that came after you wear a mask?" I think back to last night on the roof.

"Yeah. They had a mask on."

"What color?"

M: "I don't know! It was dark.

"It was definitely Columbo's people, Billie.

——————————————
Evening. Time for Mariana to be jumped in.

I hear a knock on my bedroom door "Mamas, it's time." I walk out the door and Billie's leaning on the wall and then I realize something.

"Billie, you don't smile at all," I tell her. She says "I don't smile, it's weak and I need people to fear me and smiling isn't gonna make that happen."

M: "What do you mean? Aren't people scared of you already?"

B: "Sure, you can say that but im a girl and they think im to weak to lead them. So me not smiling and being mean is a way for me to be taken seriously."

M: "You're not mean to me"

B: "That's fair, I don't want to be mean to you. You've unlocked something in me." I feel my heart fluttering and Billie speaks "Ahh, this is becoming too soft, let's go, mamas"

She grabs my hand and we walk into the elevator and we make it downstairs onto the first floor. We head into a room where Zoe, Danielle, Claudia, Shaina, Kehlani, Ariana, Halsey, and finally Natalie with the ugliest stink face.

Billie says "Fix your face bitch." Natalie immediately clears her throat embarrassed.

"Alright, so we're here because we're adding a new member to the gang to make us a Solid 10." Billie says.

"Who?" Natalie asks.

"Me." I say.

"Bitch." Natalie says.

"Slut." She gets quiet and I smile and Claudia laughs.

"Everyone sit down" Billie sits down and Natalie tries to sit on Billie's lap and I make it first and say "This seats taken."

Billie grabs my hand and asks me if im ready, I nod my head yes and she takes out a pocket knife and slits everyone's hand and Natalie being dramatic says "Ow! Billie. You cut too deep" Billie says "What do you want me to do. Kiss it?" She gets to me "Are you sure mamas?" I nod and she slits it and surprisingly it only hurt a bit. I look at my hand and see blood oozing out of my hand not a lot but not a little either.

Billie speaks up "Mariana Rodriguez will make our solid 10 an-" Natalie cuts her off "How come she isn't getting beaten the shit out of like the rest of us?" Billie closes her eyes and inhales deeply and she rolls her spinning chair up against the wall while im still sitting on her lap. She says "Kehlani, take Mariana out of here. I don't want her to see this." Kehlani grabs my hand and we walk out the room.

I ask Kehlani "What's going on?" She says "someone is about to get fucked up."

_____________________________
Should I do a double update?

         ~Peace!