Chapter 47: Training

Billie POV

Dad called me down to the training room to speak with me alone. I walk into the room to see my dad standing there. "Hey, dad." I say "Good Morning Billie." He says back.

"So why am I here?" I ask

"To test your skills." I scoff "My skills don't need to be tested, dad." I look at him with a dead stare and he hands me my bow and arrow. "Shoot the targets NOW." I take one arrow putting it in the bow. I pull it back and shoot making it land in the center. I put them back down.

"I don't like it," Dad says "But I hit the target. What are you talking about?"

"Billie. Your arm is too far off to the right. I've been telling you this for years. If you don't fix your arm, someone will shoot you before you get a chance to shoot them." I roll my eyes and groan in frustration. 

"Again." I proceed to pick up the bow and arrow and I check my formation before shooting the arrow into the center again. "That's better I guess. Grab the knives." I grab a knife and throw it into the center of the target board.

"Can I leave now dad?" I ask and he just laughs.

"Oh, no you're staying for the rest of the day."
————————————————————

It's been 6 hours and I've never been this kind of sweaty before. Dad has made me swim in freezing cold water, run 6 miles on the treadmill, 400 pushups and practice my formation over 50 times. I sit down for a water break. "You're weak Billie," Dad says.

"How?"

"Billie. I'm your father. When you were younger, you were perfect. What the hell happened?" I shrug.

"I don't know man. I really don't."

"I need the old Billie back."

"There is no old Billie." We get interrupted by the door opening and its Mariana. Her air pods are in and she doesn't notice us. I watch her wrap her hands up and start kicking & punching the punching bag. Her hands are quick and her punches are hard.

"Billie?... Bil? Billie!" I get out of my daze from my dad calling my name multiple times. "She's your weakness." He says. "How can you possibly know she's my weakness?" He gives me a look.

"Billie, I see the way you look at her. You look at her like she's the only one there. You laugh with her like she's the funniest person. You didn't even notice me call your name because you were so busy looking at her and biting your lip."

I sigh. He has a point, Mariana is amazing. I get lost around her. "But is that a bad thing?" I ask and he nods his head no. "No, you just have to turn her into your strength. Instead of thinking she's the one that you get soft around. Think that she's the one who makes you stronger and I promise you will be perfect. Now bring him in!" Dad shouts out and someone walks in who's big and muscular.

"Have fun, Billie." He pushes me into the ring. The face that I'm making right now would have you cracking up for days. My thoughts get interrupted by a punch to my stomach. "Fuck!" I yell to the muscular dude.

"Aww, poor baby Billie, suck it up you're an adult now!" The guy says to me, I punch him in his face making him stumble a little. Blood spits out of his mouth and he laughs a little. "Wow, you're a big girl now. Want Mariana to save you?" I scoff

"Bitch, I don't need saving."

"Why don't we call her."

"You keep her out of this." I knee him in his stomach.

"Just because you're a Gambino. You're useless."

"Poor little Billie."

"Want your mom to save you?"

Those words were coming back to me. The memories of me being bullied. It was him. The same guy im fighting right now is the boy who bullied me into depression so many years ago. "Carl," I say under my breath and he says "Remember me? Im back and ready to kick your ass."

"Ready to be beaten?"

"Daddy can't save you now."

"You have cuts on your arms. Aww, I don't care."

Those words are coming back to me. I don't want to cry, I want to hurt him. I want him to feel the pain I felt for years due to him. He was going to pay.

Mariana POV

I stop the music on my phone and I hear grunting. I turn to see Billie punching the heck out of a guy. A lot of people are gathered around her. I get to the front and I hear Billie say "It was you. You made me want to die every fucking day. Well im here now, ready to kill your ass Bastard."

She punches him again and he falls to the ground. She stomps on his stomach and we hear a bone crack. She grabs his hand twisting it so it can break. She kicks him in his head repeatedly and we see the puddle of blood get larger. She dips her hand in the blood and wipes it on his face.

Patrick pulls her out and he checks the pulse of the guy and says "He's dead." Billie walks out saying "Don't respect me because I'm a Gambino. Respect me because I can beat your ass." She walks out slamming the door so hard it breaks down.