Chapter 56: "I Need You."

Billie POV

I wake up when I hear the door creak open, I hear footsteps but don't see anyone. "Mommy?" I hear my daughter say. "Yes babygirl?" I say and she runs to my side of the bed and smiles when she sees me. "Mommy, I can't sleep." She says and I climb out of the bed kneeling down to her level "Bad dream?" I asked and she nods her head no.

I grab my keys and a little throw blanket grabbing her hand. I buckle her in and I begin to drive to a hill that I've been going to these past few years when I need to get my mind off of my world. I park my car and Emilia runs up to the hill and she sits at the top. I make it to the top and throw the blanket over us.

"Mommy, why'd you bring me here?" Emilia asks.

"To look at the stars. I come here all the time to erase my mind from the world."

"Why do you want to erase your mind? Don't you like the world?" She says while crawling in my lap.

"Emilia. There will come a time where you will fully understand what I do for a living and eventually you will be apart of it."

"What if I don't like it what I do for a living? What if I hate it?"

"Emilia, I need you to remember one thing: No seas fuerte como el viento, se mas fuerte." I tell her and she looks up at me confused "What does that mean?" She says.

I sigh and I say "It means Don't Be Strong Like The Wind, Be Stronger. Look at the shooting star, make a wish." She points at the star and close her eyes, after a few seconds she opens them."

"I wanna tell you what I wished for." Emilia says and I stop her "You can't tell me babygirl, it won't come true."

"Please." She says dragging it out, I chuckle and nod letting her tell me the wish. "I wished to be like you one day." She says and I widen my eyes surprised. "Like me? Why?"
She looks at me "You're the best! I want to be the best like you." She says and I smile.

After a while, I hear her yawn. I pick Emilia up and buckle her back into the car. I drive back to the house and I look into the rear-view mirror to see Emilia sleeping. Mission accomplished. I pick her up and take her back in the house putting her in her bed. I kiss her on the forehead before closing the door.
_________________________
Mariana POV

I wake up the next morning to see roses placed by my bedside. I smile knowing there from Billie, I see a note. I pick up the note reading Today's your day

I grin to myself and I get up out of bed getting ready for my day. I finish and head downstairs to see Natalie and Nicole looking at me disgusted. I roll my eyes and I walk past them. I hear Nicole mumble "Hoe." I turn around and face her saying "Wanna say that louder?" She laughs with Natalie and I say louder "Do you want to say that louder?"

Natalie says "Wow, feisty. I like it." I step up to her and she steps back. "You should be careful, you don't anything to happen to the baby." Nicole teases. "Yea, you should keep one eye open when you sleep." Natalie says. Are they threatening me. I crack my knuckles and I get ready to punch Natalie in the face but Billie pulls me back. "Move along girls." Billie says and Nicole and Natalie scurry away.

"No more fighting mamas, you're carrying my child, I have to keep you and this baby safe." Billie says and I nod. Billie then tells me to follow her. I groan as she drags me up the stairs to the rooftop. I close my eyes for a second to see that rooftop has rose petals on the ground and a table with a candle lit. I gasp a little saying "Is this for me?"

Billie scoffs and she says "No...It's for Natalie." I smack her in her arm and she laughs and walks me to my seat. She sits down and I just stare at her face, the beauty. "Stop..."She drags out the word smiling a little. "What? I can't help the fact that you're beautiful." I tell her and she gives me a goofy grin.

"What's all this for?" I ask curiously. "What? I can't have a date with my girlfriend?" She asks confused. I shrug and say "Considering you lead the US Mafia, there isn't really time for dates. But there's no problem, thank you." Before I can say anything else, she calls in certain people.

A few people walk in onto the rooftop recording and I raise my eyebrow suspiciously. "What's going on?" I ask and Billie grabs my hand to stand me up and I make a face of pure confusion. I hear Billie laugh a little and she pushes my hair out of my face.

"Mariana, since the day I met you at the cafe, my whole world changed. Now there isn't a day where my mind doesn't go to you. It's been 4 years, and I want these 4 years to turn 5, 10, even to 50 years. Until the day of my last breaths. I want to have those arguments, fights, laughs, breakups. I don't care, I just want you. Forever. I need you. I need you to be a Gambino."

A tear falls down my cheek and Billie moves back as she starts to kneel. "God forbid." I say quietly and I cover my mouth slightly. "Mariana Renee Rodriguez, will you marry me?" My vision gets blurry with tears and I nod quickly saying yes. She slips the ring on my finger and gets up. I kiss her and look at the sparkling ring.

"Finally." I say to myself.

============================

Finally. It was about time. This was so hard for me to write and I have no idea why. I made this a little longer than usual. I don't know if you noticed, but I hope you enjoyed this. Next Chapter, Mariana is in big danger. Thanks for 15 thousand reads! Love you lots. Add me on Snapchat for updates. Search whoamithough1