Chapter 24: Got Her

Mariana POV

I'm coughing up blood like a bitch. "Okay, now that you want to listen. I'll tell you." The man who I assume is Micheal Columbo says. I sigh and look at him and he says "Alright, let's start from the beginning." I stop and say "Why are you telling me this, it's not like I have any kind of superior in this damn house."

He smiles sinisterly, "It's not like you'll tell anyone because you'll be dead afterward." I gulp and he clears his throat. He says "It all started with our Great Grandfathers. Our great-grandfathers we're the best of friends. Columbo and Gambino, just being friends. Until our great grandfather grew jealous of Gambinos and he murdered his best friend. The Gambinos live to avenge his death. And it came down to whoever has the most kills wins everything."

I ask "Who's winning?" He says "Your precious little leader Billie." Billie. The asshole who decided to sleep with Natalie after I gave her everything. Even though she told me she didn't sleep with her, I have a gut feeling. My heart hurts. I feel betrayed.

"But there's a catch," Micheal says. Of course, there is always a catch. "What is it."

He smiles with his stupid ass smile again that I just want to smack off his face. "Billie must be killed before she turns 18. Why? Because in the gang guidebook, once she turns 18, she'll rule all over us. It's the Gambino legend. It only happens with the girls that are born."

"Why only girls?" I ask him

"Because it's rare for a girl to be born into the Gambino family, so when they are born, their family wants to give her a reward. Which is to be the leader of the New York Mafia. But whoever kills this girl of the Gambinos will rule instead. And that's what im aiming for."

My eyes widen in shock. Mafia? "But why does it have to be before 18?" I ask Micheal.

"She has to be an adult to run the mafia. I have to kill Billie before her birthday. Well now, that's storytime is over, it's time to get to the fun. Killing you." I gulp and he chuckles. "Don't worry, it won't hurt, wanna know a fun fact?" I nod trying to stall. "Everyone who's in my gang has a C on their neck." He shows his neck and the huge C on it.

So, how do you want to die?" He says.

A voice from behind says "I would prefer to be freed first, then killed." A voice that I recognize, I look near the door to see Billie. Micheal takes his gun and aims it at Billie. "You wanna shoot me? Shoot me." Micheal's hand trembles and Billie says "Do it!"

"Billie, what are you doing!?" I ask her. She shrugs, "Come on Columbo, im right here, you want me dead, shoot me." Micheal shoots at her stomach, but the bullet just bounces off her stomach towards the wall. My eyes widen.

Billie laughs "That only hurt a little bit, wanna try again?" She says. Micheal pulls the trigger but nothing comes out, he mumbles "damn it, the last bullet." Billie walks up closer to him and says and grabs him by the collar slamming him on the wall and says

"You thought killing my family would make me weak. It made me STRONGER. Don't worry, because you took the one person that makes me weak. The one person that I would put my life on the line for. The one person that I would kill anyone for. The one person that I would give all this up for. So im gonna make you pay. If I see just a small mark on any part of her body, you'll pay."

She drops him and he runs for the door, but it opens with 4 of Billie's workers aiming guns at him. He backs up towards the wall and slumps in front of Billie. Billie walks over to me, grabs my hand and helps me up. "Are you okay?" The truth is im not, im in a lot of pain but I nod my head yes.

I turn my face to the side so she won't see the bruises. She turns my face with her warms fingers and she sees the side of my face. She looks down to the floor, to see the blood I coughed up. "Is that your blood?" I don't answer, she grabs my waist and I yelp to the unexpected pain. She quickly takes her hands away while furrowing her brows

She lifts part of my shirt, I look down to sees a sharp cut, he fucking cut me, I totally forgot about it. "You cut her!" She walks over to him slump on the ground and punches him repeatedly. She stops and gets a gun from her pocket.

She shoots once at his knee, one at his foot and one at his thigh. She smiles while shooting him. This was a side I never saw. So dark and heartless. Honestly, I was starting to feel bad for him.

She grabs my hand and walks me out of a house I will never want to walk into again. We get into her car and drive back to her house, not saying a word to each other. She parks her car and helps me out, she opens the door and everyone looks towards us.

My head starts to get dizzy, and I feel myself fall into someone's arms and I hear Billie say "Got her." Before everything goes black.

... Wonder what's gonna happen?