Chapter 26: Run

Mariana POV

Me, Claudia, Kehlani and Zoe are attempting to make spaghetti and meatballs. Now I say attempting because the meatballs package won't open.

"It won't open!" Claudia yells. She tugs at the wrapper but it won't budge. Meanwhile, I'm sitting up on the counter popping grapes in my mouth. "Mari, fucking help," Kehlani says, I groan and I take the meatball package. I tug at it but it won't open.

Zoe says "let me see." She takes it from me forcing the bag open. The package flies open with the meatballs flying in the air. Our mouths drop open along with Zoe. "Uhm, we can clean them right?" Zoe says slowly turning around.

"I think so?" Claudia says unsure.

"Whatever, just do it," Kehlani says.

Zoe picks them up and puts them in a bowl rinsing them. Meanwhile, I'm opening the tomato sauce. I grip it a little too hard without knowing and the sauce sprays onto my white apron. I look down shocked and Kehlani laughs.

I hug her smearing the tomato sauce off onto her and we both laugh together. "What the fuck are y'all doing, Mari, why are your clothes red," Claudia asks.

"I opened the can too hard," I tell her.

"Now we don't have tomato sauce."

Zoe puts the meatballs in the pan with water. "Why would you put meatballs in the water!?" I ask her. "Oh shit, it was an accident." She puts her hand in the water but snaps her hand out finding out the water is steaming. She blows on her hand and I shut the stove off.

This shits a disaster.
————————————————

"The meatballs are burnt!" Kehlani says. We sprint up from our naps to see a puff of black steam. I cough a little while fanning the steam away. The meatballs are black, "What are we going to do n-" I get cut off with water being sprayed on me by Zoe.

"Sorry, not sorry." They all laugh at me until I smell something, I follow my burning smell to see the Spaghetti is on fire. "Oh my lord," I say. We all pace rapidly to blow this fire. Claudia's hitting the fire with the rag, Zoe's dumbass is blowing like that's gonna do shit. Kehlani and I looking for the fire extinguisher.

I find it and blow it towards the fire making it go out. But then the handle is going crazy and spraying all of us. It finally goes off and we all look around with me in the middle to see a good 20 people looking at us like we're stupid. All of a sudden, the smoke alarm goes off. Zoe says "If Billie comes, we're blaming you."

Billie POV

I shoot up out of my nap when I hear the smoke alarm. There's a fire. I rush downstairs to see people gathered in one place. I move them out of the way and get to the front to see Mariana, Kehlani, Claudia, and Zoe standing there shocked when they see me. The kitchen is a fucking mess, tomato sauce on Mariana and Kehlani, they have smoke puffed on them and their hairs look like haven't been done in weeks. They all point of Mariana claiming it's her fault.

I tilt my head to the side and Mariana gets the memo that if she doesn't run. I was going to get her the rough way. She says "Oh shit." And charges out the kitchen across from me.

Mariana POV

I run into the hallway and I hear Billie saying "Mariana if you make me run, I will fuck you up." I slow down a little slow, but it was too slow because Billie tackles me.

She's on top of me and I scream loudly on purpose. She covers my mouth and my laughs turn muffled. I bite her palm but she doesn't respond. I bite harder and she still doesn't react. The hell? "Are you done biting me?" I nod slowly and she removes her hand.

"I'm sorry about the kitchen," I mumble and she stands up and sighs heavily throwing her head back. She opens her arms and I hug her. I feel her arms wrap around me and I sigh into her neck. "Sorry, im just stressed." She says.

I ask her "About gang shit?"

"No, it's finneas' birthday tomorrow. Claudia's gonna be a mess."

"What about you? I mean from what I heard, you and Finneas were best friends. Are you going to be okay?"

"Me? I'll be fine. Just need to stay distracted."

"Bil, are you sure?"

"im sure. I have to make an announcement." She intertwines our fingers and she steps onto the living room counter. People start to gather and Billie decides to sit down on the counter. "Okay, we all know what day is tomorrow, Claudia will be off, so someone else will be doing her assignments. Now y-" She gets cut off with Natalie.

"Uhm, Billie your birthday is coming up and you know that you'll start controlling NYC, but you can't if you don't have someone to lead with you. You never mentioned who that will be." Natalie says.

Bitch, it's obviously me. But she doesn't know that. But it's me. I see Billie just stare at her blankly for a few seconds before clearing her throat. "You'll find out on my birthday, I already know who will lead beside me. By the way, it could any of you guys, so dress to the impress." I roll my eyes playfully knowing that she's just trying to stir them. They all go back to doing their jobs.

She walks to me saying "I'm going to buy you the most beautiful dress money can buy." I smile and my dimples pop out. She looks around to see if anyone is looking and then locks her lips with me. It was quick but I was satisfied. But im still worried about her for tomorrow, how could she act so fine!