Chapter 33: Baby Gambino

Billie POV

I pick up the car seat and walk towards Zoe. She looks and her eyes widen. "Told you, you dipshit." She climbs out of her stupid hiding spot and widens her eyes when she sees the baby in the car seat. "What the fuck is a baby doing by your car?" She says. I shrug making a face of concern.

"Let's ask someone inside if they saw something on the cameras." I carry the car seat back into the building to see an old family friend Benjamin, who also happens to the manager of the shop.

"Yo Ben! Come here." Benjamin hurries over and gives me a confused look when he sees me with the car seat.

"How can I help you, Miss Gambino?" He says.

"Can you pull up the cameras, someone left a baby near my car." He nods and proceeds to get security footage, and stop when he notices two girls by my car.

"I can't keep her! I don't even have a name for her. I don't even know if she's a girl." A blonde girl says. Then the same brown-haired girl from earlier says "She's a girl, just because she's intersex and has a penis doesn't mean you should give her up."

"She's a messed up baby! I don't want her!" The blondie says. "Don't worry, you put adoption papers in the car seat. They'll take her in! We have to go before someone sees."

They proceed to put the car seat near my car and sprint away. "They think im gonna adopt her?" I ask confused. "I mean you can, you have the money," Ben says.

"I can't adopt a baby! I'm too young AND im not bringing her into this life." I say back and I feel something on my index finger, I look over to see the baby playing with my finger while smiling. "Come on B, look, she likes you. You have the resources." Zoe says.

I groan and say "Benjamin has the money too, why can't he take her in?" Ben says "That is true, I do have the money, but I've been diagnosed with Lung Cancer. I only have 2 years left, I can't just care for her for 2 years and be gone. But you are healthy and young, you'll watch her grow up. Think about it."

"But." Ben cuts me off.

"Look, take her in for a week. If you're sure you can't care for her, bring her to me. Deal?" I roll my eyes.

"Deal."

—————————

I get in the car with the baby after locking her in place and I begin to drive. My mind is focused on the road until I hear crying. I look in the rearview mirror to see the baby crying. I pull over into a grocery store's parking lot.

Zoe climbs in the back unbuckling the baby and taking her out of the car seat. "What's wrong with her?" Zoe asks. I shrug "Maybe its a wet diaper?" Zoe checks and nods her head no.

"Here, let me hold her." She passes her to me, and I rock the baby in my arms and she starts to get quieter. I look out the window just looking at the sky. "Hey? Why is she picking at your boobs?" Zoe says and I look down to see the baby is tapping my boob and I furrow my brows.

I eventually put two and two together and realize "Ohh, we're stupid fucks! She's hungry!" I say. "Careful. You don't want your daughter to hear you cursing." Zoe teases and I glare at her "She isn't my daughter and I'm going in the store to find formula ."

I pass her back the baby and walk into the grocery store. I go to the baby section and I find formula, some diapers, a bottle, a pretty bib, and a pacifier. I go to the nearest register, I wait for my turn but this person keeps chatting it up with the clerk. "Uhh? Bitch, leave, I got a hungry baby in the car." I say and the person swings their head around and pauses when they see it's me.

"Oh shit, it's Billie Gambino. Sorry, ma'am." Nooo, its Billie Columbo. They hurry away and I pay for the things and walk back out, I put some of the things in the trunk and walk into the car with the formula and the bottle.

"Finally! You took forever." Zoe says. I ignore her and read the directions and do as told. I shake everything in the bottle and put the bottle to the baby mouth. She wraps her hands around the bottle holding it herself. "Ok, we're all good then, let's go home. So you can propose and I can explain why I have a baby."

————————————————

I take the baby out of the car seat and place her on my shoulder with my hand supporting her head. I have Zoe lock the car doors and unlock the doors to the house. We walk in and Mariana, Kehlani, and Ariana see us and rushes towards us but then stops when they see the baby.

"A baby!?" Mariana squeals. I remove the sleeping baby and hand it to her, "Who is she?" Mariana asks. I say "Long story." Mariana boops her nose and smiles at her sleeping face. I grin at seeing how my girlfriend interacted with the baby.

"What's her name?" Kehlani asks and Zoe scratches the back of her neck. "See... That's the problem. She doesn't have one." Zoe says.

"But she has a dick though." Zoe adds. "Wait, what?" Mariana asks. "The mother said she was giving her up because she's intersex or in her own words 'a messed up baby' i guess." I say.

"She's so cute, but she doesn't have a name." Ariana says.

"What do you mean she doesn't have a name?" Mariana asks confused. "I found her by my car, her mom doesn't want her and she needs to be adopted," I tell Mariana.

Her eyes gleam with excitement. "You're gonna adopt her!?" She asks excitedly. "I want to be an Aunt!" Ariana says. "And I wanna be a God mom," Kehlani says.

I watch as the baby eyes flutters and her eyes land on Mari and the baby giggles, Mariana doesn't say anything for a while.

"Emilia."

"Emilia Rose."

Might update later on today. Idk.