Chapter 30: Suspicion

Mariana POV

ⓃⒺⓍⓉ ⓂⓄⓇⓃⒾⓃⒼ
12 ⒶⒻⓉⒺⓇⓃⓄⓄⓃ

Its the afternoon, everyone is just getting ready for the day. Breakfast has been served and Billie has everyone gathered up around her. "As you all know, I was attacked yesterday morning by our o-" Billie stops suddenly and looks dead in the crowd.

I walk up to her "Are you okay?" She laughs and steps off the counter. She walks in the direction of a guy. She faces him face to face. "You have some nerve, to sit here and look in my face after you stabbed me." Everyone gasps, and he looks down in shame.

"What are you looking down for?" Billie laughs lightly but in an evil matter. She lifts his chin up and looks him in the eye and punches him and the face. He falls to the ground harshly "YOU FUCKING BITCH. I LET YOU INTO MY FAMILY, INTO MY HOUSE, TO MY MISSIONS, AND YOU BETRAYED ME!" Billie yells in his face.

He covers his face in a flinching motion. "MOVE YOUR FUCKING HANDS FROM YOUR FACE, BASTARD!" She straddles him and grabs him by his neck. He struggles to breathe. She punches him in his face again. "You're a liar, you were there side the whole time? HOW COULD YOU?"

Billie was terrifying at this point, she was angry and hurt at the same time. She wanted to kill him. He was going to die. She gets off of him and he runs for it. Billie quickly takes her gun, shooting at him. The bullets hit him and he falls to the ground and Billie doesn't stop shooting.

"Billie, stop he's dead." He isn't moving. So we know he's dead. She doesn't stop shooting. I walk up to her quickly, I tap her rapidly "Baby, stop it. He's dead." She stops shooting and says "Clean up the body and ground. Burn him." A few people pick him up and he is covered in blood except his neck.

I see a familiar tattoo on his neck, it's a gut feeling. "Wait," I say and they stop. I walk up closer to his body and lift his collar down a little. I see a familiar C on his neck. I remember what Micheal Columbo told me "Everyone who's in my gang has a C on their neck." I remember what the C looks like.

The C is the exact same C that I see on Kyle's. He was working with Columbo all along. All because Billie doesn't know that Columbo's members have C's on their necks. I feel me being pulled back lightly. "Come on mamas, we gotta go." She grabs my hand and walks me past everyone.

I get a couple of dirty looks from jealous girls including Natalie. I smirk and she leads me to her office. "Billie, I have something to tell you." She looks up and says "What is it? Are you fine?" I nod "Yeah, im fine. It's just…" I stop hesitating on telling her.

She cups my face and looks me in the eye "You can tell me anything." I clear my throat and say "Micheal told me that everyone on his side has a C on their neck. Kyle had a C on his neck, Billie." She removes her hand from my face.

"Why didn't you tell me this?" She says dangerously calm. I fidget with my fingers and say "I'm sorry, I didn't think it was anything important or valuable information." She steps close, "Rule #1 of being in my gang. Everything is valuable information." I nod in understanding.

After a while of watching her think. She says "I got it! We're putting everyone to sleep. I'm putting sleeping powder in everyone's lunch and when they're out, we'll check their necks for C's."  I furrow my brows "Billie, are you sure? I mean putting 200 people to sleep and checking one by one. Can you do that."

"I'm a Gambino, I do whatever the fuck I want."

——————————————

After explaining to Claudia, Zoe, and Kehlani what Billie was going to do. They agreed with it. It was 3:30 and lunch were being served. Billie was in a business meeting so it was up to me, Zoe, Claudia, and Lani to do this without being caught.

Each lunch tray we would pass out. Before giving it we would sprinkle a little bit of the sleeping powder and give it not causing suspicion. After 30 minutes of passing the food out and waiting, one by one, members start to fall face down in the food. Eventually, everyone is asleep.

We only have 15 minutes to check their necks before they start waking up again. We get our clipboards and check necks. The first person for me is Natalie. I really hope she has a C so we can get rid of her. I tilt her head, no C. Damn.

We all check necks for 10 minutes and come back when we're done. We add our people together and in total there are 12 people secretly working for Columbo. We write down their names and act normal. In a few minutes, they begin to wake up slowly, confused about what happened.

The four of us girls waltz out like we have no idea, but little do they know that 12 of them got busted. I go upstairs to my bedroom. I unlock the door to see mom pointing a gun at me. Her head is tilting revealing a large C.

Fuck.

Oooooohhh, she's fucked big time. This story only gets crazier. BYE!