Chapter 5: "Respect Her"

Next morning

Mariana POV

I wake up and I'm blinded by the light in the room. Wait, light? It's morning? I check the time and it's 9:34 am. I jump out of Billie's bed and sprint to open the door. When I open, a girl comes up to me and says "Oh, you're up, Ms. Gambino would like to talk to you." and she scurries away.

I walk to her office and see her wearing an all-vanilla baggy outfit. "You let me fall asleep!" I ask in disbelief

"Yep, and you quit at the bar you worked at and moved out of the apartment by the way."

"What? No, I didn't." I say.

"Yeah, I did it for you"

"Oh my God! Billie, I have no job and no place to stay. WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU DO THAT!?" I yell at her.

"No need to yell. I did it because you already have another job and place to stay. Your job is living here with me and this is where you're staying."

"I like how I had no choice in this at all." I say crossing my arms over my chest.

"As you know by now. I'm a Gambino and I don't really care about choices."

"I'm gonna slit your goddamn throat." Once I say that 3 guys walk in.

One of them say, "We heard a threat, do we have a problem, Ms. Gambino?"

Billie says there's no problem and for them to leave all three guys give confused looks and walk out. Billie walks out and gives me the hint that I should follow her.

We go into an elevator and we get to the floor and she walks pass doors with letters on them. "C is for Claudia, the girl who opened the door yesterday and Z is for Zoe, you already met her, B is for me no shit" We walk to the last door and it has an M.

"And this one is now for Mariana, let's go in." We walked and it was purple all over the walls and had books and the bed looked so huge we walk around the room and there is another door, I have my own bathroom.

"Woah, Billie you did this?"

"No, I got people to do it for me, you like it?" She asks unsurely.

"Yeah, it's dope." I say looking around.

"Does that mean you'll stay?"

"It's not like I have a choice so yeah." I say glaring at her and she throws her hands up.

"Good. Let's get you introduced to everyone." We walk back into the elevator and go to the first floor and she goes to announcer "All fields to the kitchen." And her voice echoes around the house. I go sit on the couch making myself comfortable.

Within 15 seconds people start gathering in the kitchen and its neverending. Once everyone is in, I'm amazed by how many people are here, like 200 hundred people, how is it not crowded.

She sure does have a lot of friends.

I get pulled out my thoughts when Billie climbs up the kitchen island and gives the hint for me to come up. I shake my head no "No, this couch is comfy." When I say that almost everyone has guns out pointed at me.

"Are you disobeying Ms. Gambino" They all yell in unison.

"The fuck!?" I look over to Billie and she is signaling them to put the guns down. I shake my head breathing out and I get up from the couch climbing up on the kitchen island and look over all of them.

It's a nice view of heads, I guess.

"This is Mariana Rodriguez, a new member of the house, you don't treat her like one of y'all, you treat her the way you treat me, you disrespect her, you die." I thought Billie said she didn't kill people.

"Is she a stripper?" A guy asks, I felt offended, after my years in juvie and Army Boot Camp. I wasn't gonna let him talk slick shit like that.

"What, bitch?" I jump at him and he flinches. That was very offending to me.

"You can't fight for shit!" He says and Zoe butts in "Are you sure Julio?" So that was his name. "Are you sure someone like her can't fight. The girl has been to Juvie twice, has a black belt in karate, oh and the 2-time champion of AIBA Junior World Boxing Championships. The show that you guys watch, it's her, you dipshit." I didn't even question her about how she knew all that.

I tell Zoe, "That's a part of life that im trying to forget, but thanks."

Claudia POV

Why would Mariana want to forget the life of being a champion twice? Mariana reminded me of someone that was so familiar, but I couldn't grasp. Billie and Mariana jump off the kitchen island and walk over to me and Zoe.

"Whattup, Roomie?" Zoe says.

"Billie basically forced me to move here... by moving my stuff here." Mariana quickly said.

"Whatever, Mariana let me give you a tour of the house." Billie signals for Mariana to follow her and I'm left with Zoe again.
"Hey Claudia?" Zoe asked

"Yeah?"

"Do you not like her?"

"Not like who?"

"Mariana."

"No, I like her, why are you asking that?"

"'Cause you were looking at her weirdly?"

"No I have no problem with her? I just have this feeling."

"Like what? She's suspicious?"

"No, like she's someone I should know."

"Oh..? Do you need help.. Maybe go through some documents of her?"

"No, I'm fine, i gotta go" and I leave Zoe to go to my bedroom.

Zoe POV (1 hour and a half later)

After Billie is finished giving a tour to Mariana, Mari goes to her room (sometimes Mariana is going to be referred to Mari because I'm too lazy sometimes). I still want to talk to Billie about the whole office thing and her getting closer to Mariana more than anyone else in this house.

I found Billie on her way to the storage where all the guns and explosives are stored. I walk in slamming the door accidently making her reflex kick in, she turns around with her gun aimed at me but then sighs with relief seeing that it's just me.

"Shit Zoe! You can't be popping up like that!" She says

"Sorry, we just need to talk"
_____________________________