Chapter 7: "M-Mom?"

The Next Day

Mariana POV

I wake up and I'm in Claudia's arm and she's holding me like a baby. I realize that her mom was supposed to come today and she could be here at any moment.

I wake her up and she groans but shoots up when I tell her mom's coming today. I sigh and get ready for my day. I brush my teeth and put my hair in a ponytail and get ready to box.

Boxing was something I always did, it was something that I wanted to make a career out of it. But Mom stole all of it away. My money, my life and mainly my happiness. She didn't care.

I go to the kitchen and pour me a glass of water. Billie yells from a distance "Mariana come on, you have to come to meet Claudia's mom. Me and Zoe met her and she's dope." I hurry and take my glass with me to the entrance and Billie and Zoe are waiting there all jumpy and excited about seeing Claudia's mom and the doorbell rings and Claudia runs to open the door. She opens the door fully and I drop my glass.

"The fuck was that for?" Zoe asks.

"M-mom?" I say in disbelief.

"Mom?" Claudia says confused looking at her mom and back at me.

"Mom!?" Billie and Zoe say together.

"Mariana?" My mom asks and she gets closer to me.

"Stay away, don't touch me,  what are you doing here?"

"Mariana, why do you keep calling her mom, mom what's going on? You told me my sister was dead." Claudia says and I feel tears brim in my eyes.

"Um, I lied you and Mariana are sisters." Mom points to me.

I noticed mom was wearing jewelry and a dress and she has a brand new car.

"I see you have a nice life," I tell her.

"What do you mean?" Mom asks.

"Stop acting as if you don't know what I mean. All these nice things you have are from my checks. The checks you stole from me!" I yell.

"Please Mariana, let me explain, I used your money for good. I opened a business. I have a fashion line. Please believe me baby girl." Mom says.

"That still doesn't change the fact that it was my money, I wanted to use that money for college, and you knew that! I'm not your baby girl. Claudia is. She's always been." I run up the stairs into the elevator and into my room finally letting the tears take over me.

Claudia POV

I drop to my knees weak from the numbness. Zoe runs down to me on the floor.

"Mom, you lied to me for years, that my sister was dead and I always wondered why I never saw her gravestone, because there never was one. I have one picture of her. Mom, you had me thinking that you worked from the bottom to get to where you are now."

"But I did." Mom tries to defend herself.

"Np you didn't! You stole her money and bought drugs and invested in businesses with it. That should be her business, not yours. Just go to your room." Mom walks away and I'm sobbing and Zoe trying to get me to calm down while Billie is frozen in shock"

"Claudia, you need to calm down, please talk." Zoe says. I try to calm myself down, but I fail.

"When Mariana came in, I recognized her, I even told you she looked someone familiar, it's because she's the baby in that picture. She's my little sister."

"No wonder why you guys look so much alike but aren't you happy you found your sister?" Zoe asks.

"No, I'm not. Mariana was given up for adoption before I came home from boarding school and mom told me she was stillborn, when I turned 17 I moved here with you guys and She was 13 and my mom ruined her."

"Wait. so all that happened while you were with Finneas?" Billie speaks up.

"Yeah." I sniffle.

"I have to go talk to her" Billie sprints up in the elevator and heads towards her room while I compose myself.

Billie POV

I felt hurt for Mariana. She lost everything at the hands of the person who was supposed to love her the most.

Trigger Warning: Self Harm

I walk in her bedroom and she isn't on her bed. So she must be in the bathroom. I go into to open the door of the bathroom but stop when I hear her crying but this isn't a normal cry she is crying as if she's in pain.

I open the door and she's cutting her wrist with a razor blade.

"Hey, hey Mariana stop!" I yell causing her to gasp and shake a little.

Mariana drops the razor blade when she sees me and I grab a towel and put it over her wrist to stop her from bleeding out.

"I'm s-sorry, I don't what I was doing." She stutters out.

"Just talk to me." I say wiping some of her tears.

I hate her with every cell in my body she lied to me about having a sister and then she told my sister I was dead! Claudia got to live the perfect childhood dream which is to just to have their mother love them. But when it came to me she didn't care she stole my money. I was going to use that money for college and become a UFC Fighter she took that all away. All I wanted was for her to love me the way she loves Claudia." she cries.

"Shh, just let me hold you." I pick her up bridal and I take her to the infirmary where they bandage her.
"Um, Mariana, I think you should go talk to Claudia."

"I don't want to." She says.

"Come on. You have to. You can't be upset with Claudia, she didn't know." I say. "You're right." She says before getting up. She walks off and I smile an- wait I smiled. When do I ever smile? I quickly frown and go get ready for my mission with the gang.

_____________________________
Don't forget to Vote and comment what you think?

~Love, Say